This was my 2nd visit to Sunset Strip. We last stayed at the Andaz we wished we had stayed there again...
Location is ok but nothing really happens on Sunset. We reserved a double room with 2 x queen beds. Not sure why but the bed sheets smelt like they had not been washed. Wi Fi connection was terrible hardly worked throughout our stay. The shower was very hard to use and the water would actually stop running whilst you were in the shower covered in shampoo! We made a few complaints, they just said it would be fixed but nothing was done. The room was spacious and the views were lovely as we were facing Hollywood.
Overall the service was good, Greg Events Manager was helpful and provided us with some good places to eat at. Pool bar located in the hotel was lovely but the drink prices were insane!
Just make sure if you are to book the double decker bus tour and you get off visit Venice Beach, beware the bus ride back to Hollywood took 3.5 hours!!!!
Overall an ok stay but would not stay here again. We should have stayed at either Andaz or Roosevelt Hollywood for some more action.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Ivory On Sunset, a restaurant which is a collaboration with John Terzian of The h.wood Group, Built Inc. and Hakkasan Group, celebrates California cuisine and comfort foods to encourage diners to embrace the restaurant's communal philosophy, while our Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu in the morning and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Exxhibit Boutique, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood