“Stylish hotel in Hollywood!”

Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel just after Memorial day last month for three nights - What a hotel!! We checked in on Memorial day and there was a pool party going on in their Sky bar that day.. This hotel does surely attract a lot of the rich and famous - as was evident by the people in the party!

We also got upgraded and our rooms were magnificent! The staff at the reception were very polite and gave us a lot of recommendations of places to eat, clubs to go to, etc.

The bell boys/valet guys at the entrance were the best! They were always very sweet and went the extra mile - whether it was flagging taxis for us, giving us wake up calls, etc.

All in all - this hotel, even though it could get very expensive, is worth every penny! Will make sure i look out for this group's hotels, whenever I travel.

Room Tip: The rooms in the higher floors have a better view, you also cannot hear the music from the bar - whi...
3  Thank Suraj D
Luis S, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Hi Suraj,

We are glad you had a great time with us, please reach out to me directly should you return in the near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed with a friend in the Mondrian for 3 nights a year ago. Very cool, stylish lobby, chic and modern decor in the rooms as well. The rooms were a little small but not too bad. The highlight was definitely the pool, and also the bar scene at night. Service was decent but nothing special. All in all a great hotel though, well worth the stay, for those looking for something in Hollywood that is modern and a little funky.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeremy R

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for your honest feedback, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay overall. Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you visit LA in the near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed in the Mondrian on Sunset with 4 of my girlfriends and cannot praise this wonderful hotel enough. The rooms were delightful with hidden charms all over. The pull out day bed in our 3 sharing room was comfortable and stylish and made a fabulous setting for an array of holiday pics! The service, first class and the location was ideal. The pool area would attract a great crowd, unsurprisingly given the dreamy cocktail and food menu. The concierge service were always available to help and guide us recommending places to visit to ensure our entire trip was as memorable as our stay in The Mondrian. I'm off to Miami soon and am seriously considering staying in the Mondrian South Beach, I'm pretty confident it's a safe bet!

Room Tip: The higher floors have great views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KatziRebel

Hi KatziRebel,

I am glad you had a great time with us here at Mondrian LA, please feel free to reach out to me directly should you choose to visit Mondrian South Beach as well as visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great location, style and the pool is a total "Scene". Skybar offers great views and the staff was fantastic. The hotel rooms are stylish and have fantastic views of Los Angeles and the Sunset Strip! Drink prices at the pool are pretty high but you are paying for the "Scene".

Room Tip: Really enjoyed the downtown L.A. views!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Johnny M

Hi Johnny,

I am glad you enjoyed your time here with us, thank you for the positive feedback. Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you visit LA in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Mondrian as the last stop on our Honeymoon. The service at this hotel was brilliant, we were given a great room up on the top floop with great views across Los Angeles. The rooms are incredible, very stylish and the mirror/TV definitley made this hotel standout against others, the Malin & Goetz toiletries are a great touch! The pool area was fun, really good service for food and drinks (the cocktails are amazing), even on a Friday it wasn't too difficult to get a sunlounger as people come and go. It became more lively at the pool as the week went on. If you wantt o stay somewhere fun, lively and stylish the Mondrian offers all of this and a great spot for people watching (Peter Crouch got in our lift!). Really good loctaion on Sunset as well, 10 mins from Beverly Hills and Hollywood by car.

1  Thank SLBell2014

Hello SLBell,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with and had fun at Skybar. Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you visit LA in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

A nice hotel, concierge was very helpful but everything was spoiled by some random charges that made to my credit card after I checked out.
I have apparently been charged for "a sewing kit" and "moistoriser". When querying this with the hotel I was told it would be investigated within 1-2 days. This was over a week ago.

3  Thank Matt B

Hi Matt,

My apologies for the delay in responding. I would like to personally follow up on this claim. Can you reach out to me directly via email at luis.saldana@mhgc.com. I would like to get more information on this as well as to follow up on the charges in question.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I really wanted to like this hotel, but the service was pretty bad. The most helpful people were at the front desk and at the concierge. They got us quickly checked in, tickets to the tours we wanted and were extremely attentive, but that was where it ended. The valet was probably the worst department. They often stood around when it was extremely busy, chatting with other people about their future career aspirations. I overheard a couple of people say they moved to LA to become actors. I heard long conversations because I often waited 15-20 minutes for my car to be brought around. The valets were often so slow that they caused a backup onto Sunset Blvd. For $37 a night parking fee, I was expecting better service. Pool waiters and waitresses came around once in 3 hours to ask if I wanted a drink. The overall vibe of this hotel was that they seemed to cater to non-guests. They seemed to want to outside people to come to their rooftop lounge, their pool, and their restaurants but didn't seem particularly interested in the people who had paid money to stay at the hotel.

People were often having loud parties in the hallways and with their doors open. This hotel didn't seem well managed, it seemed like a free-for-all with the staff. For the money, I wouldn't recommend it. I mentioned the issues to the front desk person when I checked out. She seemed apologetic and removed a room service charge which was nice, but there were just too many problems. Check my other reviews, you'll see I typically enjoy most hotels that I visit.

On the plus side, I thought the location was good. We walked over the Comedy Store across the street, that was the best $25 I spent in LA. We also walked to Mel's Drive In every day for breakfast, it was delicious and super convenient. The room had double glazed windows which really kept the street noise out and I had a nice view of the pool and the city

Room Tip: Walk over to Mel's Drive In for breakfast
3  Thank Bronzchica

Hello Bronzchica,

My apologies that you felt we are not worth the money spent, however we will address your feedback as we take these matters very serious. Please reach out to me directly as I ask you to give us another chance to turn your experience at Mondrian around.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#16 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel? Share your experiences!