“Very cool design and a happenning scene”

Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I decided to stay at the Mondrian in West Hollywood to catch up with friends over the weekend. I had first wanted to stay at the Andaz, but given that the two hotels are so close I was pleased to have chosen the Mondrian.

The room experience is very nice. Clean design and nice use of high end furnishings with soft comfort. The treatment of the TV inside the mount swiveling between the bed and sitting area was thoughtful as was the contents of the minibar, once again demonstrating that a little thought and originality can go a long way.

I dined in the restaurant on the Sunday morning, which has a lovely view over the city of Los Angeles, although the table that I was at in the corner was a little warm as the air conditioning could not penetrate due to a supporting pillar. Otherwise, nice food and friendly staff, although the attentiveness of the service tailed off later in the meal, causing me to have to get someone's attention.

On the Saturday night the hotel creates quite the scene on the pool deck and surrounding areas with the who's who and beautiful people out for a good night. Very Las Vegas in a Californian way. Happening would be the word. I could have made better of the experience if was in better condition. Suffice to say, it had been a long afternoon.

The bed was very comfortable and I was able to sleep late, although as the morning rolls on you do get some road noise if facing Sunset Boulevard.

I didn't experience it, but the property has a Sunday session around the pool. Once again, very Las Vegas, with a bit more sophistication and on a smaller scale.

The property is well situated to enjoy being in Hollywood and I was able to walk a comfortable distance to most places that I wanted to visit. A short Taxi Ride down to Melrose or the main shopping areas.

Overall, the staff were cheery and pleasant, where I have found in hotels/places like this sometimes can be a little stuffy or pretentious. Not here. Wholeheartedly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Im_a_travlin_fool
Luis S, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hello There,
Im_a_travlin_fool

Thank you for the great feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the scene. Please let me know should your traveling brings you back to LA feel free to reach out to me directly at luis.saldana@mhgc.com.

luis.saldana@mhgc.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,098)

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was there on business and stayed for 6 days. I had arrived very late and was starved so ordered room service. It arrived very quickly so I was very grateful for that.

I had a studio on the 12th floor and had an awesome view of the city. The room was quirky, girly, glam, fabulous. The room was pristine and the bath amenities were very wonderfully lush. The AC was noiseless so sleep was perfect.

The Herringbone restaurant downstairs served some delicious meals, though on the pricey side. Two of my favorites were the 10-hr pork appetizer and the rack of lamb entree. In both cases, the meat was super tender and flavourful.

Service was friendly and professional. I would come back here for sure.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room on one of the higher floors for the view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Junibugs
Luis S, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hi Junibugs,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us even though you were here on business, its good to make some time for yourself. Thank you for the positive feed back about the hotel and Herringbone. Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you come back to LA.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights at the end of May as part of my 50th birthday present to myself. I loved it as the staff made me feel really welcome. My room was very nice and the telly behind the mirror was certainly a great feature. I also got free wifi when they found out it was my first time in the USA.
When one of the bar staff found out I was going to Las Vegas, he gave me some good tips on where to go and which shows to see. The concierge was very helpful and showed me on a map exactly where to go and how to get there.
I loved it, thank you

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Claire W
Luis S, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Hi Clairew,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to reach out to me should you be traveling back to LA in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and our two daughters checked into the Mondrian last Friday night. From the valet, check in and bell hop the team could not have been better. The rooms were very fresh, great amenities, television etc. We particularly liked the TV's located behind the mirrors, the amenity items.....etc. I thought the mini bar and the practical purchase items were great! Flip flops, socks, snacks, etc. Great thought was put into every item. The cafe / dinning room was excellent~! We would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Richard L

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your feedback, we are happy that you enjoyed your trip with your family. Please feel free to reach out to me directly on your next visit here.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This was the start of our honeymoon and as soon as we arrived the staff were all really friendly and helpful. We actually ended up getting our room upgraded and also free wifi because it was our honeymoon which was nice. The room was really nice we had a double head shower and a large sitting area. The only downsides that we found were that the aircon took a while to cool the room down and as it wasnt near the bed you didnt feel it for a while and also if you have a car and use valet try and not get your car out at night when the restaurant is busy as it will take a long time to get your car.

We didnt eat at the restaurant or go to the skybar really. We went out there a couple of times to have a look as its really nice out there but cant comment on the food or service.

All in all i would definitely recommend staying at this hotel. We have stayed at another hotel really close to this one a couple of years ago but much prefer Mondrian.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nathan S

Hi Nathan,

Congratulations, we are glad you stayed with us on this special occasion. Thank you for the great feedback. We will definitely address the AC issue as well as the valet concern. Please feel free to reach out to me directly when you plan your next trip to LA.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel just after Memorial day last month for three nights - What a hotel!! We checked in on Memorial day and there was a pool party going on in their Sky bar that day.. This hotel does surely attract a lot of the rich and famous - as was evident by the people in the party!

We also got upgraded and our rooms were magnificent! The staff at the reception were very polite and gave us a lot of recommendations of places to eat, clubs to go to, etc.

The bell boys/valet guys at the entrance were the best! They were always very sweet and went the extra mile - whether it was flagging taxis for us, giving us wake up calls, etc.

All in all - this hotel, even though it could get very expensive, is worth every penny! Will make sure i look out for this group's hotels, whenever I travel.

Room Tip: The rooms in the higher floors have a better view, you also cannot hear the music from the bar - whi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Suraj D

Hi Suraj,

We are glad you had a great time with us, please reach out to me directly should you return in the near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed with a friend in the Mondrian for 3 nights a year ago. Very cool, stylish lobby, chic and modern decor in the rooms as well. The rooms were a little small but not too bad. The highlight was definitely the pool, and also the bar scene at night. Service was decent but nothing special. All in all a great hotel though, well worth the stay, for those looking for something in Hollywood that is modern and a little funky.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeremy R

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for your honest feedback, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay overall. Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you visit LA in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
#9 of 19 in West Hollywood
The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel? Share your experiences!