“Potential to be good”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Potential to be good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here this past Mon-tues night. They were hosting an event for the espys with red carpet and all. I left the hotel and then had trouble getting back in due to the security for the event. I told them I was staying at the hotel but they made me cross the road (in the middle of on-coming traffic) and then recross in front of the hotel to get in because the sidewalk in front of the hotel was "closed." Then to top it off my room was directly above the red carpet so I had to keep my shades closed all night because of all the camera flashes. My stay Monday wasn't very relaxing or welcoming. The grounds themselves were nice and the pool is relaxing. Pool staff was attentive. All and all I think it has the potential to be better- they just need to focus on guests more and hosting events as second.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Luis S, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Hi Ross,

Thank you for your feedback it is very important to us. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at luis.saldana@mhgc.com should you visit the LA area again in the near future. I would like to invite you back.

luis.saldana@mhgc.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Orange County, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at the Mondrian last weekend and it was an unforgettable experience. First of all, the hotel smells like paradise. Just walking in, I knew my visit would be a delight. When I got to my room, I was totally taken by it. There was an incredible view of Los Angeles and the room was decorated in white, so it was super sexy. Housekeeping was on top of everything and the service was so nice. I went downstairs to lay out at Skybar and all of the servers and bartenders were fast and friendly. The crowd was attractive, young and hip, and the DJ played music fitting for a sexy summer pool party. It was very reminiscent of a Miami vibe, yet still with a sense of calm. Above all else, I was incredibly pleased because I lost my cell phone at Skybar, and they returned it to me the next morning. A+ experience!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hello SkyeSpence,

Thank you for the great feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the vibe at SKYBAR. Please feel free to reach out to me directly on your next visit at luis.saldana@mhgc.com

Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

My most recent experience at the Mondrian was nothing short of fabulous. From the sweeping city views from my room to the attentitve staff, there's no wonder why this hotel is my top Los Angeles pick!

Room Tip: I have stayed here about 10 times and no matter what, there's always a good view from the room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Michael S,

I am happy that Mondrian is your hotel of choice and value your feedback. Please reach out to me directly on your next visit at Luis.Saldana@mhgc.com. I would like the opportunity to personally meet and greet you.

Paradise Point, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I spent 2 nights at the mondrian, it was ok i guess but for the price you would expect more. The rooms where spacious and had a lovely bathroom and view. I could see sky bar from my room. there were a lot of diners and restaraunts around as well as shops so that was nice but other than that it was average.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi R0sann,

Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad you enjoy your time here with us at Mondrian. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at Luis.Saldana@mhgc.com should you visit the LA area again.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel for a friend's birthday weekend and had an overall wonderful experience! The room was beautiful with an amazing view of the Los Angeles skyline & was on the 7th floor. I was greeted warmly by the concierge as well as with a handwritten note from the general manager in my room which was immaculately clean & aesthetically pleasing.

The restaurant in the hotel was also wonderful and originates from a Top Chef hailing from San Diego.

In comparison to the hotel and the restaurant, Skybar was a bit of a letdown; don't expect to swim during the day unless you're wearing your 4" stiletto heels, & by night expect a scene...

In summary, I loved the hotel and restaurant but could have skipped the Skybar. Thank you for a truly fabulous stay in LA!

Stayed July 2014
Hello Andrene_R_Dz,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed your time with your friends. Thank you for the positive feedback. Please feel free to reach out to me directly on your next visit at luis.saldana@mhgc.com.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Wow. Thank you Mondrian for such an incredible weekend. I booked a stay here for a surprise birthday weekend for my boyfriend for his birthday. From the second we arrived we couldn't have been more impressed with the hotel and service. We were told straight away we had been updated to a suite which made the trip even more special. The room was impeccable. Usually you stay in a hotel and the lobby/restaurant area is nice then the rooms are a little dated. Not the case in any way. Whenever we needed help or service, the approach was consistently friendly and extremely helpful.

We've stayed at the Roosevelt and Chateau Marmont before and feel this is by far the best. The bar and restaurant is amazing. Location, you couldn't ask for any better. Wish I could mention all the staff we came into contact with but only got Garret and Jenni from the Front Desk's names, incredibly helpful trying to find a club for us to visit, couldn't have done more. Had a fab time @ Greystone Manor just down the road.

Back in September for my next stay, can't wait!! Thanks again!

Room Tip: Don't worry if your room faces onto the pool area, enjoy the view! We weren't disturbed by a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarahpatonbc
Hi Sarah,

We are glad you had an amazing time here with and I am looking forward for your next visit. Please feel free to reach out to me directly in September at Luis.Saldana@mhgc.com. I would like to personally welcome you back.

Hong Kong
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is cool, hip and trendy blah blah blah. I like it. Its in a good location. Some of the staff are magnificent and well some are just the pits. I would have given this hotel a far higher rating but then they screwed up so badly that after i finish writing this review i am going to check out and forfeit tonights stay at a cost

So my girlfriend thought it would be fun to stay at the mondrian, she heard good things from a friend and she did all the bookings... great i thought to myself but that was until we decided to use the pool. At 300+ a night you would think the hotel would let you use the pool? Its california in the summer after all. Its hot and you would like to take advantage of the sun. Not at this hotel. We went down to the pool and there we encountered a door man, as a hotel guest i was not permitted into the pool area, i was not on anyones guest list, i had to pay $40 per person to go to the pool. A little steep i thought. I went to reception and they sorted it out so i could go to the pool. Forget swimming, forget laying by the pool. It was just a giant gathering of grease. I have never seen so much hair gel and oiled up bodies in my life mixed in with the most insanely dressed women. If these women were attractive then maybe this would be another story. But they werent. Women in pleather dresses with fake Louis Vuitton purses standing next to topless meat heads with slicked back gelled heads. Oh what a scene!

There was no where to sit. It was just a truly painful experience. (find attached a picture). So we head back to the room where people are drunk falling over themselves in the lobby. Forget the valet area, thats a complete mess. No one at the pool was a hotel guest. TOTAL NIGHTMARE.

I just voicing my concerns, no one cared. I was not on a guest list.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank KaspXhotels
Luis S, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hi KaspXhotels,

First thank you for your feedback, I would like to get more information regarding your experience here at Mondrian. This is definitely not how we do business. Would you please reach out to me directly at your earliest convenience at luis.saldana@mhgc.com.

Looking forward in hearing from you.