“Dinner at Sunset Marquis”
Review of Cavatina

Cavatina
Reserve with OpenTable
Cavatina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 438 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Cross street: Holloway
Description: At a hotel with a restaurant named "RESTAURANT", your own anonymity goes without saying. If you're going to live like an A-lister, you might as well eat like one. For those looking for a sophisticated setting, opt for our sleek yet intimate dining room. Or, if you'd rather enjoy creations under the sun or stars, you can't beat the garden view from the patio of RESTAURANT at SUNSET MARQUIS.
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We have been regular guests at this restaurant. Almost every time I am in the area I am stopping there for a dinner or a Sunday brunch if possible.
My last visit was this past December for the Christmas Dinner.
I don't know exactly how to put it but it seems like that the overall quality and service is coming down from the high exceptional standard it used to have.
Even though it may be just little things but they can make a difference.
In our case I noticed that they stopped serving the lemon serbet before the entree.
If they did this to safe a dollar it certainly was the wrong place to do it. You don't serve the serbet for years telling your customers that this is to enhance the experience and then you suddenly drop it.
Other than that I still love this place. The setting is beautiful and the food quality is still above what you typically find in a restaurant.

1  Thank Stefan O

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Wish there were more seats at the bar - but it is a great hideaway, in any event. The entire restaurant & bar area seem to be a place where people can escape & relax.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I've been to Restaurant's brunch several times and every time we are getting less and less options, to the point where we were surprised of the few items available this time. No fish (except for sushi), a few tasteless salads, ONE carving station/omelet/crepe station and very few desserts. It feels like the buffet on a rundown hotel in Reno, but you are paying premium price for this. Off my book of options for LA brunch.

1  Thank Vicente R
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My husband and I decided to have a romantic evening in Hollywood, and had a wonderful time at Sunset Marquis Restaurant. The ambience is superb, reminds me of The Bel Air Hotel, which has bungalows for rent among the trees, lots of trees, waterfalls and a koi pond, The lighting was festive but low key, the food was delicious, and the service unobtrusive and elegant. I felt very pampered and relaxed. We had the prime rib which was sliced and tender, perfectly cooked, and the fixed menu was 4 courses, including a potato and nettle soup, tender greens salad, main course of prime rib on mashed potatoes, and Buche de Noel for dessert, and Veuve Cliquot was our choice of beverage. I would definitely come here again!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

As you drive up, you think "ordinary." The minute you walk into the property, you know "extraordinary."

I've been a West Hollywood resident for more than 16 years now, and we get many of LA's most fab-n-fashionable restaurants on a regular basis. I eat out all the time, but had never been to the Sunset Marquis until today. This relative old timer was a real pleaser today at brunch....as you make your make into the property, which seems to go on forever amongst cool modern architecture and stunning gardens, you see celebrity and luxury but everything is taken in stride. The atmosphere is cool and relaxed and the service is unobtrusive but attentive.

Champagne is free pouring as you make your way through the salad station with spicy Thai noodles, silky beets & Stilton, fresh smoked salmon, broccolini and cauliflower, a sushi station, fresh boiled jumbo shrimp and bagels and cream cheese if you like. At the omelette station, go crazy with everything from fresh spinach to crispy bacon to vermouth scrambled eggs with chives. Or have a crepe at the crepe station...chocolate, fresh raspberries or both! Roasted chicken, crab cakes and prime rib round out the protein choices. Dessert includes a stunning Nutella and salty coco cookie, flourless chocolate cake and fresh whipped cream among other delectables. Nothing is left undone. Coffee is perfect and service couldn't be more subtle but on the cues.

You can find more expensive certainly in this town that LOVES expensive, but in terms of atmosphere and quality, the Sunset Marquis is at the top of our list. You forget you're in Los Angeles and feel ensconced in a quiet, luxury atmosphere that celebrity guests have loved this place for over many decades. If you love luxe brunch, this is the place.

2  Thank WehoTravelers