“Better service from the homeless man on the corner”
Review of Holloway Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Hollywood
Holloway Motel
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
California
“Better service from the homeless man on the corner”
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Stay here only if you want to be treated like a complete hassle, not a customer. After being called an "ignorant moron" by the manager after having to call her out on her SECOND over billing, we were hung up on. Who is in charge over there, I'm not sure anyone knows. I can just say this... This is the worst motel I've ever experienced. Talk about everyday being a bad day in that house of gloom! I thought this was Hollywood! You'd be better served to stab yourself continuously in the eye, less painful.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank rachdean76

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I stayed here while they were working on my place and was satisfied with the room which I found to be clean and with everything there in working order. The location is convenient and given the area, the price for what you get is fair (I paid $91.14 including all taxes for a single night's stay with two (2) guests).. Two of their rooms are studios with kitchenettes but I did not stay in one of these as my room was just a basic motel room. My only nits were that the floor of my 2nd floor room had creaky floorboards which meant that the occupant below may have heard me walking about. Secondly, their optional WI-FI Internet which you had to pay extra for was a tad on the slow side (and my room was by the office!). My third minor issue is that ,despite what the amenities page of their website states about offering a free complimentary continental Breakfast , - They do NOT!!! Other than that minor disappointment, I was okay with the place and wold recommend it for someone looking for a decent, basic safe, clean motel to sleep in a rather expensive area.

Room Tip: The floor boards creak so get a 2nd floor room.
  • Stayed May 2011
3 Thank Chester_Paul_Sgroi
Reviewed 18 May 2011

We stayed here for a friends birthday. When we got to the room it was very shabby put we put that at the back of our minds because we were plannig on clubbing andbarely being in the room. We returned to the room early by west hollywood standards. Around 1 am I went outside to smoke a cigarette with my bf and the person in the next room came out. My bf asked how's your night going? The man replied great except the people in the next room are being louso im goof to I.h.o.p. to get something to eat and hopefully when I return things will be calmed down... I was shocked! I don't drink and am very repectful I was raised right so I can honestly say that noone was being loud. Everyone was actually watching a movie because we were just pooped from a night of dancing. So we went to bed. Around 7am we were awoken by someone entering the room it was the maid who then slammed the door without an apology. We went back to sleep. We got andgot dressed and. By 10:45 I was pulling up mypants on the phone with a friend. The scary manager person bursted into the room screaming get the Fu@k out. Check out is at 11!! I looked at myphone being to scared and shocked to be embarresed that I was half dressed.. neways I looked at my phone and said it was 10:45.. he replied I don't give a flying fu@k! It smells like weed im calling the cops! "We don't smoke weed!" We left and my friends credit card was charged for the original 80-90 dollars but then there was another charge for 120 dollars!! And today a week later my friend was charged another 80 dollars! He called to ask why. And the person said that a police report was filed sayingthat my boyfriend and I verbally assaulted the guest next door! Noone should e treated this way and all this beasts accusations are false and someone needs to take ation against this unprofessional motel/ manager. Help!!! Stay away from here!!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank arane1307

Travellers are raving about these West Hollywood hotels

Boston
Reviewed 30 December 2010

I think the rather tired "Holloway Motel" sign in front of the property doesn't do justice to the quality of the room you get. There was really nothing wrong with my room and for the price I paid I thought this was a great value. Parking is free. If you want to stay in West Hollywood without all the sham-glam of Sunset Boulevard and the plastic people who hang out at most of those places, this is a terrific and pragmatic choice.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank DALBoston
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 1 October 2010

We come from Palm Springs and stay at the Holloway at least once every two months and have been for the last 10 years.I can't believe some of the reviews! Wow what a bunch of unhappy, frustrated people. Then go stay at a five star place and see what you get. You probally won't be happy there either. Most of these review are way over blown. The Hollway is no where near as badd as some of the unhappy people claim. Its a clean, quiet, great location, great rate ,small MOTEL. From my observation, customers make their own problems. not paying for all the guests staying in a room, drunk, noisy , smoking in room etc. The management does not put up with any of the type of behavior.. I wonder what the agenda is from these writers? I believe these folks
have been told to leave etc for beings fools ie: smoking in room, partying, loud, to many in room and this is their way to get back. many people think, "oh rent a motel room...let's party."...get kicked out...then write a nasty review. Hopefully these people will go else where and leave the place to us........happy trails, see y"all

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank happygolucky60
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 September 2010

If you want to stay in the third ring of Hell this is the place. The staff are as NASTY as the rooms. If you use the bath or shower wear boots it's SOOO Gross Go to the Ramada down the street for just a bit more $$ you get a LOT more motel. I think the staff just got released form the nut house. Enjoy West Hollywood but not from this DUMP. Peace, Lloyd.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank traveljunki039
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I recently put up a business associate at this hotel for over a week and it didn't work out. The phone in the room didn't work, the cleaning staff kept turning off the AC when the guest was at work (the guest kept returning to a muggy room), and several times this person's key didn't work at the end of a long work day. A knock on a clerk or maintenance person's door solved the problem a few times, but one night nobody answered and the business associate had to go stay with a local friend.

The owner/manager said he'd review the tape to see if that indeed happened and would credit one night if the tapes proved she tried to find somebody on property but couldn't. So, after check out, I called back and asked if he had reviewed the tape.

He quickly dismissed the claim and said she wasn't on the tape so I told him I didn't believe they'd lie about it. She and two other business associates of the project had told me they tried to find help getting in the room but nobody at the motel came to her aid. Seems odd that 3 people would make up a story about her not being able to get in the room and it wasn't even them paying the bill... I was.

Suddenly, the owner/manager said he'd go ahead and refund one night's worth but then couldn't resists going on an angry rant of insults, calling my associate a dumb B, and told me to never have me or my associate's come back to his hotel and to go F myself.

The guy is whacky and angry and apparently doesn't even care to provide decent service or be accountable for failing his guests. Avoid staying here.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business