“Best value-Quaint and charming”
Review of Holloway Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Hollywood
Holloway Motel
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My wife and I were married last Friday the 13th and had set up a reservation months prior. I had done my research on the Holloway and surrounding motel/hotels in the area. After reading all of the poor reviews, I was a little nervous about our decision. When we arrived at the Holloway, it was quaint and charming on the outside. The man that checked us in was friendly and I even joked with him and he joked back. After we got into our room, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, as well as towels and sheets that smelled of bleach. Yes, the furniture was older. Yes, the carpet and tile were worn, but it wasn't a deal breaker. The shower had awesome pressure and the bed was really comfortable. It was quiet, no yelling or screaming like people said in prior reviews. The rooms are non-smoking so there was no stale odors. It was only $92.14 for our stay and that is nothing compared to what our friends paid a block down at the Ramada. I would stay here again and I would recommend the Holloway to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Call in to make your reservation. They really don't use the website
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kat B
There are newer reviews for Holloway Motel

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I would like to be able to report on the rooms in this motel, but I could not even get beyond the antagonistic manager to rent a room in the first place.
Approaching this guy with a positive attitude did nothing to help disprove all the negative comments made about him. He was very belligerent and obviously looking to do battle. I just turned and walked away. I suggest you do the same.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Robby F
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I can't believe I am returning to the Holloway for another stay. This time I am bringing my own pillows and cleaning supplies. The rooms are about as old and basic as they can be. Who knows when they last washed the comforters. That said, the linen was clean and so were the two small bath towels (they don't provide hand towels). My bathroom was not clean. Try to avoid walking on the carpet. I only had sheer drapes in my room and had to keep the lights off at night. Otherwise, the many pedestrians who seemed to be walking around the hotel all night were looking into my room. Call ahead and make sure your room has drapes. With the budget price and location, you can expect some people who ill repute to be renting rooms by the hour. So why am I going back? Price and location! Everyone has to do this at least one (or twice)in their life!

Room Tip: Get there early in the day. There are only 7 parking spots on site for the 20 room hotel. Don'...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank PaulToronto
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I've stayed at the Holloway Motel on several trips to West Hollywood and have enjoyed my stay every time. You can't beat the price in the area and the rooms are quality. Honestly, you are staying on Santa Monica Blvd. for a quarter of the price of surrounding hotels so I find it hard to understand why others complain or expect it to be the W. If you are expecting in-room food service and a rooftop pool, go shell out $500 for a night and quit complaining. This hotel is worth every penny and I recommend it to anyone heading that way. The staff are all kind and caring, though it seems they have to deal with a multitude of incompetent people everyday- if you aren't sketchy, you won't have a problem. Ignore the haters and grab a serious deal.

Room Tip: It's a small place, any room is great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank dand814
Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

I read quite a few bad reviews before I went but really wanted to stay close to the "gayberhood", so I thought I'd give it a go. The owner was surprisingly sweet and it seems the guys who wrote these nasty comments are the ones who want to use their rooms for wild parties, which are not tolerated by management. So if you're planning crazy loud orgies, find somewhere else, but if you just wanna be close to the gay scene and you're a respectable person, travelling on a shoestring, this place is for you.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Brucemarais
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This place is small and gross. A lot of people actually LIVE in this hotel and they arent the type of people you want staying next to you. The manager is obviously fried from drug use as from what I hear and I I had a room by the front office and I could hear him screaming at customers at least twice a day. If you dont believe the reviews come see for yourself!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank MGlovik
Reviewed 19 December 2012

WORST stay ever!!! The people who are working here should not work with service or with other people. Bad attitude from start to finnish.
There's a lot of good options in the same area. West Hollywood, yes please!
Holloway Motel, NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: November 2012