“Like it”
Review of Holloway Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Hollywood
Holloway Motel
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 11 April 2014

So the Motel isn´t the problem but the people staying there, well, kind of is. But you never know as to who is staying there same days as you are and I was fairly lucky all though some crazy people. The location is a bit noise as of traffic so if you are sensitive to it then maybe not best option but I would go back and stay again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank hannaaase

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel since 2001 and referred many of my friends. I thought based on my past good experience I would stay again in July. I proceeded to book my reservation on their on-line form. I called the next day and the person who answered abruptly told me it takes a day. He did not offer to look it up, just told me this. I said fine, I will wait. As he said, I received the confirmation later that day. They violated security by including my full credit card number and csv code and ignored that I requested a 2nd floor or higher room and gave me first floor. I nicely wrote them back thanking them for the reservation and pointed both of these items to them. THe next day, they nastily wrote me back and said it is standard practice to include all reservation information and therefore, they are deleting my information and cancelling my reservation. I never asked to cancel, I was merely giving feedback. Also, my friend who is traveling with me called the evening before to confirm his reservation because he never got his email, and the person answering was extremely rude and when asked for an email, abruptly said, he does not handle that. What has happened to this nice friendly hotel? It is too bad. In any event, I will stay down the street at the San Vicente!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. We do not have to put up with nasty reservation people!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Tpaitalian
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I agree it's not the Ritz but for somewhere to stay near to Hollywood in Los Angeles at a budget price you cannot complain, the room was clean, the shower was hot! Perfect for me, why go to L.A to stay in your room....

Room Tip: Do not expect 5 star luxury, just treat it as a place to sleep and wash
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Sean K
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My wife and I were married last Friday the 13th and had set up a reservation months prior. I had done my research on the Holloway and surrounding motel/hotels in the area. After reading all of the poor reviews, I was a little nervous about our decision. When we arrived at the Holloway, it was quaint and charming on the outside. The man that checked us in was friendly and I even joked with him and he joked back. After we got into our room, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, as well as towels and sheets that smelled of bleach. Yes, the furniture was older. Yes, the carpet and tile were worn, but it wasn't a deal breaker. The shower had awesome pressure and the bed was really comfortable. It was quiet, no yelling or screaming like people said in prior reviews. The rooms are non-smoking so there was no stale odors. It was only $92.14 for our stay and that is nothing compared to what our friends paid a block down at the Ramada. I would stay here again and I would recommend the Holloway to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Call in to make your reservation. They really don't use the website
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kat B
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I would like to be able to report on the rooms in this motel, but I could not even get beyond the antagonistic manager to rent a room in the first place.
Approaching this guy with a positive attitude did nothing to help disprove all the negative comments made about him. He was very belligerent and obviously looking to do battle. I just turned and walked away. I suggest you do the same.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Robby F
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I can't believe I am returning to the Holloway for another stay. This time I am bringing my own pillows and cleaning supplies. The rooms are about as old and basic as they can be. Who knows when they last washed the comforters. That said, the linen was clean and so were the two small bath towels (they don't provide hand towels). My bathroom was not clean. Try to avoid walking on the carpet. I only had sheer drapes in my room and had to keep the lights off at night. Otherwise, the many pedestrians who seemed to be walking around the hotel all night were looking into my room. Call ahead and make sure your room has drapes. With the budget price and location, you can expect some people who ill repute to be renting rooms by the hour. So why am I going back? Price and location! Everyone has to do this at least one (or twice)in their life!

Room Tip: Get there early in the day. There are only 7 parking spots on site for the 20 room hotel. Don'...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank PaulToronto
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I've stayed at the Holloway Motel on several trips to West Hollywood and have enjoyed my stay every time. You can't beat the price in the area and the rooms are quality. Honestly, you are staying on Santa Monica Blvd. for a quarter of the price of surrounding hotels so I find it hard to understand why others complain or expect it to be the W. If you are expecting in-room food service and a rooftop pool, go shell out $500 for a night and quit complaining. This hotel is worth every penny and I recommend it to anyone heading that way. The staff are all kind and caring, though it seems they have to deal with a multitude of incompetent people everyday- if you aren't sketchy, you won't have a problem. Ignore the haters and grab a serious deal.

Room Tip: It's a small place, any room is great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo