“some rock baby!!”

and up
Glamorous Hollywood and Beverly Hills Highlights Tour of Los Angeles
Ranked #3 of 37 Nightlife in West Hollywood
More attraction details
Owner description: This famous club has for years been a hot spot to see the top names in rock 'n roll.
West Hollywood, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“some rock baby!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

it"s the whiskey! no further comment needed dah! seen a few rockers incld . me , van-halen,jim hendrix, oh ya he did really play left handed..

Visited April 2014

Phoenix, Arizona
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great Venue, But . . .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Saw the Bangles last night and it was wonderful (aside from some of the creepy old guy groupies) but, we came out of there looking like we had just stepped out of someone's fireplace! The place is filthy! Seated upstairs, above the area where they sell merchandise, the railing was filthy and as I looked out over the areas, the monitor above the merchandise area was covered in about 10 years worth of dirt.

2 Thank Keith R
Upland, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“50 years has not been good for her”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife thought this would be a good experience to see "Martha Davis & The Motels" on a date night. According to the billing, it was scheduled for a 7 pm "Doors Opening". Little did we know the group we were scheduled to see would be 11 pm. Nothing like waiting around till then. We decided to hang out & watch the "So-called" celebrities walking down the "Red Carpet". It was classical asking the "Paprazzi" who some were. Alot of the responses were met with head scratching & shoulders shrugged. Me & wife recognized 3. But, one we could say one was legit. Without saying too much, a gold medalist's, male, & diver. We did this for a few hours watching the staff parading the "D- listers" though. The funny part was the 'so-called' staff carrying papers with their names printed on. Some, got the special treatment with names written with "Marker" on the other side of paper. Makes you feel important. The media was a mixed, hodge podge of "Who?" & "What?". I can actually say I never heard of any of these media outlets. No TMZ, ABC or, National Enquier, nobody.
On top of the smell of bad cigarettes with a slight (strong) odor of urine from standing on the side walk. Various people watching & people in various states of sobriety makes every night a good night on the sunset strip.
We took suggestions from a local newscaster who happened to be there covering & inquired about a place to get a drink to kill some time till the show started. We went to "Pearl's Liquor Bar". That will have to wait for another review. In which that one will be positive.
We proceeded to go inside. My god, this place is a hole. 50 years has not been good to this once proud establishment. It kind of bothers me when people say that did this & that in the past & never modernized it for the 21rst century. I've been to the "Old Yankee Stadium", "Grand Central Station", & "Griffith Observatory" to name a few. I understand tradition. But, please modernize...
The sound system was not the greatest. Sound checks were done literally 5 minutes before the show started. The staff was too busy being proud to be called off their "perch". I was affraid to see what was on the floor if, I would've tripped. The area is well aged & real musty smell. Seriously make this place feel "Historical" & don't rely on the past. I was not even going to attempt to use the restroom. Since it was probably on the "Sunset Strip".

1 Thank richnanners
jersey
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Thi place looked and smelt as if it was and still is a major rock n roll place, alongside creating a unique place for live music as all the bands were so pumped at just playing there! I would say you have to see this place on any night out you plan on the strip

1 Thank JerseyBenp
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Part of the 80's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We went to see Stryper. Awesome show. Venue smaller than envisioned. Staff were superb, from security on down. Part of 80's history experienced, best weekend!
Drinks were great, food very good, service was very attentive.

Visited November 2013