“should be better”

The Rooftop by Gordon Ramsey at The London
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Description: Well known property in WeHo. This reviews the rooftop restaurant.
HK
“should be better”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Good , but not great. The fish is disappointing , service is too formal. You can expect what you get from Gordon Ramsey , no surprises.

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“Great venue interesting food combinations”
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

The food is delicious with interesting and delicious combinations Surroundings are beautiful and if you have a table by the window the view across LA was gorgeous This is the third time we have been there

• Visited July 2013
Seoul, South Korea
“Fantastic View, Nice Food.”
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

Well I read many complain about horrible service when crowded time. It was not my case. (I was at 7pm in low season, Winter).

There were not so many choices on the menu, 4 appetizer and 4 mains, and 4 dessert, which we four people ordered each. Except only one dessert, everything was very nice. And the price is not that high though we prepared deep pockets because it was Gordon Ramsay. So we ordered a bottle of good Champagne, which was served very well, looking down Sunset boulevard. We found that other expensive version(when comparing the menu) is on 1st floor, but we will make the same mistake again when we visit there in the next year, because I don't love his food more than the fantastic night view there. Really, lovely mood.

Visited December 2012
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I was having Christmas Dinner at the Gordon Ramsey restaurant and had a while before my reservation so decided to head up to the rooftop and have a drink. The staff were fabulous and friendly! I ordered a summer berry smootie which had to be made downstairs because they didn't have the smootie maker on the rooftop, this was no problem and arrived quickly. Prices are what you expect to be at a 5* hotel.
The rooftop was smaller than I expected but the atmosphere was so relaxing I loved it and the view across downtown LA and Hollywood was amazing!! Next time I'm in LA I'll be sure to visit the rooftop again

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank dani_lea
Boston, Massachusetts
“The Worse Service Ever”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We took some friends who had been very generous to us while we were on vacation staying at the London. As a thank you we took them to the Rooftop for a farewell dinner. By the end of the evening we were embarrassed for taking them to dinner at the Rooftop. The service was terrible. Food was over priced and cold. The tableware was stained and faded. The experience was so bad that the next day we complained to the hotel management. We had meals at the other restaurant located on the first floor and it was outstanding. The rooftop was abysmal.

• Visited July 2012