“Nice atmosphere good food”

Public Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Public Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 445 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Cross street: Orange
Transit: Metro- Hollywood and Highland and bus stop at Hollywood and Orange
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The old 30's atmosphere is the charm of this restaurant - food was good......3 1/2 out of 5 stars.They had some specials that were economical - although we went for the seared scallops, mussels and flat iron steak. All in all, an above average experience.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

What a disaapointment....141.48 later we had cold salty burnt bacon, hard cold sausage mimi links, cold soggy potatoes the eggs after you scrapped them off the side of the pan were also cold, the bread was & danishs were hard, the fruit had been picked over and the cheese cubes were also hard. They need to replensih the buffet more often This was a Daddy/Daughter day ( I also tagged along) he was so angry & hungry that we left and drove to Tito's Tacos.The tip was 19.80 for a waitress we saw 2x..( 1x to bring the bubbly and 1x to bring the ck) the dirty plates sat on the table until we left. This is so sad the Hollywood Roosevelt has such classic beauty and timeless history I had planned on going out to the pool area have a few more drinks and enjoy the afternoon....the drive home was pretty bad...mad hubby makes no one smile! I want my money back!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

The selections were few, but wonderful. Less choices but still hard to choose. The service was especially notable with our server Sean, taking care of our every whim with charm and ease. Not at all stuffy, the ambience was fresh out of another era. Warm and inviting with comfort and casual elegance.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I had a Travelzoo voucher for Sunday brunch here. My husband and I finally used it this morning. It included the brunch buffet for 2 and a bottle of Prosecco. It was kind of a hassle getting a reservation because the online system told us nothing was available and it took 4 calls before we got someone on the phone. In the end, we got a reservation at the time we wanted. There were empty tables when we arrived a half-hour early today, and they were able to seat us right away.

I liked the atmosphere at Public. Really, the hotel is just so cool and old Hollywood. I love any excuse to visit.

The brunch buffet was good. There wasn't anything on it that I didn't like, but for the same price you could get a bigger and better brunch buffet at other restaurants in L.A. I probably wouldn't come back, especially at full price, but I did enjoy the meal and the atmosphere.

For more details, including pictures, check out my food blog at www.eatdrinkandbeme.com.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

The staff was friendly and by day two our server remembered our order. Food was great. We went everyday for breakfast.