“Hollywood Swinging”

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in West Hollywood
Muskogee, Oklahoma
“Hollywood Swinging”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Chateau Marmont is the best hotel in the world. Stayed in the Penthouse and the staff were wonderful. Something about the relaxed atmosphere and comfort, priceless!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank dice55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Blantyre, Malawi
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I stayed in one of the garden bungalows with another family staying in a nearby one. I loved the old style of the place, yes the stove and the fridge are ancient but everything works well. Having your own kitchen is great and there is an organic supermarket across the road to stock up with a few things for breakfast. We had a small problem with the shower/bath tap and a plumber came within 10 mins to fix it. I agree with what another reviewer wrote, you either get it or you don't, it's not to everyone's taste but I loved it. You will see a few familiar faces roaming round but don't try taking pics, you will be pounced on by the 2 hostesses who guard the garden fiercely. One complaint is that I went to said hostesses to book a table for dinner, 9 people, and was told sorry , we're full. So as paying guest I am denied dinner? So my friend phoned from outside the hotel and was given a table immediately!! And there were at least 2 empty tables in the garden. Seems I wasn't up to their standard to be granted a table. Also if a celeb is in the gardden they will try their utmost to stop you going out, I wanted to have coffee and was told no, meanwhile my daughter sneaked a peek into the garden and Katie Holmes was having coffee so we weren't allowed out in case we disturbed her. Then they closed the doors leading to the garden. Ok we got the hint! I loved the place, the atmosphere, can't understand why other people say it was dirty, what rubbish. If you want 21st century glitz with marble bathrooms etc then it is not for you. Only complaint is that they shouldn't discriminate between paying guests and B listers, our money is all the same colour. Yes I would go back tho, loved the place.

Room Tip: garden bungalows are beautiful, secluded amongst lush plants.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank karen t
Oregon
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We had a wonderful stay at "The Marmont" celebrating my B-day and our wedding anniversary. It had a very secluded feel, even though I know the property was fully booked both nights of our stay - we did not see a lot of people hanging around. Our standard room was extremely charming - with soft Jazz playing in the room the moment we arrived. It overlooked the Terrace restaurant outside and although we did not eat there, we were able to see the patrons come and go - sorry to say no celebs were spotted! I spent some time at the lush, secluded pool, very relaxing. There's also a ping pong table near the pool - fun for a quick game. This property is historic and perfect for getting away from the hustle and bustle of L.A. - if you want flash and glamour - go elsewhere. I had a terrific time. Was it worth it once - of course! Would I come again? For the price we paid - probably not.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank siouxsiesoo
New York
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Staying at the Chateau Marmont is an experience I will remember for ever. We didn't really know what to expect but we were nothing short of very very impressed and very very happy with our two-night stay.

Not knowing how big or small the standard rooms are, we spent a bit more to get a Junior Suite. Well, I now know how people can live at the Chateau for months because the Jnr Suite is big enough to live in very comfortably - there's a queen-size bed, living room area, dining room, eat-in kitchen, bathroom and four wardrobes. More than enough for us but we weren't complaining.

We decided to make the most of our stay by dining at the Terrace restaurant both nights, as well as breakfast and lunch by the pool.

The restaurant is just divine. The service and food are fabulous and in terms of rubbing shoulders with the Hollywood set, we weren't disappointed.

My friend and I were so upset to have to check-out... we've vowed to return in a few years' time. In the meantime, the Chateau will live on on my memory for a long time to come...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank jetsetterjj
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This is my second stay at this legendary property. We had a bungalow this time and it was even better than staying in the main building. Our sweet little bungalow was off a hidden little lush courtyard. It had the feel of staying at a friends historic apartment. The hotel has the graceful patina of a treasured landmark. I stand by my original assessment, You either get it or you don't. This is not some glitzy nuevo riche hang out that has succumbed to the whims of the passing decades, it is a gracious historic property in one of the best locations in the LA area, right between the excitement of Hollywood and West Hollywood and the polish and great shopping of Beverly Hills.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank tomdenverDenverCO
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My wife and I went to this Hotel in July 2011. I have always wanted to go there. I found the hotel to be way overrated and dirty. It was seedy and gross as if the whole place needed a good bath. I was expecting to be impressed but it was just disappointing and sad. The 2 hostesses at the restaurant were extremely rude. The whole experience just felt tired. It seemed as if the place and the staff were living in days gone by. What a giant let down. Would not recommend it. What a waste!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011
8 Thank Traveled2everywhere
Chicago
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the Chateau Marmont to visit friends. We had lunch in the courtyard the day we arrived. The food was spectacular, the setting, well, like something out of a movie. Our room was like staying in an apartment, in an old pre-war building. I don't know about the villas, but the hotel is, let's say vintage. They have preserved all that is good about the place and updated amenities, like comfortable beds, good sheets, discreet tv's, a fantastic mini bar. The staff is discreet, professional and helpful. The pool was always quiet, clean and lovely. I loved my stay here and look forward to an excuse to be in LA. again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends