Montrose West Hollywood(West Hollywood)
US$373
US$240
Official Website
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$279/night.

Andaz West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$392
Petit Ermitage(West Hollywood)
US$385
US$359
  • Pool
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$343
US$210
Official Website
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$277/night.

Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$419
US$357
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Tower Hotel(West Hollywood)
US$456
US$388
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$323
US$278
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$320/night.

Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$385
US$278
  • Restaurant
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$481
US$309
Agoda.com
US$646
US$506
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbar marmontthe cottageshollywood historywalls could talkold school charmmain buildingpeople watchinglarge living roomjunior suitemovie starshollywood feelfull kitchenhollywood experiencefour seasonshotel barspent nightslos angeles
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I'm not sure why some don't like this place, but our trip was top shelf from start to finish. You can feel the history when you walk through the place, take a dip in the pool, or grab a drink on the patio. We had a bungalow and it was awesome, with a retro decor circa the glam days of Hollywood. We saw some celebs(leave them be), we hung by the pool, we enjoyed the entire experience. The staff was on-point and more than willing to help. I recommend it highly. I know some complained on this sight about arrogant staff, poor service,etc., but I experienced none of that. Yes, it's expensive, but I believe worth it. I have stayed at some cool spots in L.A., but this is my first choice next time in town. Hey, it's the Chateau.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank sbcbonds
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This hotel is absolutely amazing. Very expensive but if you want to splurge, definitely worth it. Restaurant incredible, service discreet and personable and the rooms are huge, furnished in a lovely manner and have every thing you need. The hotel is in the best location and the you could spend days lounging by their pool. Favourite hotel ever.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank tamaram92
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Been to LA a few times and never really liked it .Decided to try the Chateau Marmont and fell in love.Finally found somewhere in the USA that could make coffee!It is a beautiful place and the staff where gracious and attentive.It was the end of a hectic trip to the USA and I could not have asked for a more elegant and enjoyable time.
Sue Melbourne Australia.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This experience cannot be beat. We came for a 40th birthday celebration and it was the best girls' trip we have ever had. The terrace and bar are fun and there are lots of star sightings. The rooms are old but what charm and ambiance. It is quiet, beautiful, and happening all at the same time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Judging from the wildly negative but also jubilant reviews here, staying at the Chateau Marmont seems a bit like going to a Bob Dylan concert: there may be glimpses of genius but it might just as well end in a depressing disaster...
I don't doubt the sincerity of most reviewers, but I'm surprised at the intensity of some of them lashing out at the Chateau. What misery! Some derogatory comments about phony wannabes and loud tourists detroying this 'once great place', remind me of the criticism of "selling out" directed at the rock and roll counterculture once it went 'mainstream'.
Maybe such strong emotions are the fate of a cultural landmark such as the Chateau, mired as it is in the mythology of Hollywood and the highs and lows of celebrity culture.
As for my own experience (but note, I'm just a tourist): it was one of pending disaster turning into absolute bliss, purely thanks to the graciousness of the Chateau staff.
We were checked into room 28 by the (very friendly) concierge on duty and were delighted by the suite, including the "old" and retro furniture, stove and tub. Also, everything from wifi to kitchen utensils seemed to be working fine..
That is, until the bathroom in the suite above us started to leak, after a noisy but unsuccesfull try at plumbing. And you know, when it rains in southern California, man, it pours... Within minutes the bathroom in our suite had become soaked and unfit to use.. That was a bit too retro even for us, who had by then already fallen in love with the grungy atmosphere of the Chateau.
But the darkest hour is, truly, right before the dawn. Without any complaiming or ado, the staff upgraded us to one of the penthouses! Staying the night there, looking out over Sunset, was... well, what can I say, a lifetime experience for us, humble but discerning tourists...
Thank you, Tony!
We also dined in the patio, chatted with concierges, visited the bar and pool... No bad experiences at all, at any time. And hey, we drove up in a Ford Escape..!
By the way, our change of rooms was so swift, that I forgot one of my suits in the closet of our old room. Needing it for a conference (I may be a tourist, but I'm a working tourist) we called in a day after we checked out and yes, the suit turned up safe and sound (I guess it enjoyed the room and wanted to stay over) and we picked it up once we were back in LA. Again, staff was very kind and helpful all the way through, adding much to the overall experience.
So, what's the deal at the Chateau? All I can say, is: as Bob Dylan concerts go, for us this one was a smashing success. Unforgettable.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple