All reviewsbar marmontold schoolwalls could talkhollywood historymain buildinglarge living roomjunior suitepeople watchinghollywood feeloutdoor restaurantfull kitchenfour seasonslos angeleshotel barsunset blvdspent nightshotel guests
Reviewed 10 August 2013

After reading the reviews I was hesitant so only booked one night (29th July), I wish I had stayed longer.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the service was fantastic. I did not manage to get everyone's names but special mention for great service to Hadi and Phillip.

Our room was not ready upon check in so we had a drink in the Polo Lounge. It was quiet, relaxed and perfect. Sipping wine in the sun at the Chateau Marmont...perfect.

Our room (a Jr Suite with Balcony) was amazing! It was huge. Everything in the room is vintage, no replicas from the fridge to the kitchen table. This may not be everyone's cup of tea but I LOVED it. The room was very clean and the amenities great. The kitchen was stocked with everything you could want or need including cake tins!

Bed and linens were lovely.

We headed to the pool which was quiet and perfect for reading a book in the sun and relaxing. The pool service was great. We stumbled upon a table tennis table and played a few rounds.

Although the bathroom is "old school" I loved it. The shower was large and had great pressure. You do not feel like you are at a hotel, rather a close friends home.

We had an electrical issue in our room which resulted in a small fire. After a call to the front desk management (Tony) had addressed the issue and handled the situation appropriately.

It is the small touches that really make this hotel, such has hand written notes from management and the genuine service provided by staff from housekeeping to front desk and management.

We had dinner at Bar Marmont which had a great vintage atmosphere. Food was nice enough but nothing great. We returned to The Restaurant for desert and a bottle of wine. As it was a little chilly so staff bought us blankets to snuggle into while we reclined on lounge chairs...perfect.

I will most definitely be back to the Chateau Marmont, I cannot imagine staying anywhere else now that I have been here.

If you are wanting the latest technology and modern new décor and furnishing this is not the place for you. If you want to experience Old Hollywood Glamour to the fullest you too will fall in love with the Chateau Marmont.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a suite, you will not be sorry.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ery559
Reviewed 4 August 2013

It's our second time at the chateau. This time we had a room without a view, right by the garden. But what a beautiful suite, it was huge and very tastefully decorated. The whole building is what you expect of Hollywood, outlandish, surreal and gorgeous . The staff is most attentive and kind.
Attention to detail is non paralleled.
we'll definitively come back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank pierreC92200
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed at Chateau Marmont for 7 days while in Los Angeles for work. I could probably write a book about my experience there but for your sake, I'm going to try and some it up in a few lines here.

My experience:
I partied a little bit. Hit the pool (which is temp. regulated 24 hours a day). Had breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and stayed up partying in my room with some celebs who crashed the party and starting telling their "Chateau stories" (one of whom's involved watching Hunter Thompson put his fist through a window in the room we were staying in (Room 69) while tripping on Acid). Basically if you're at all into Rock and Roll and Hollywood legend, there is no other place in the country to stay.

That being said-

That's not WHY you stay there, and I doubt that is everyones experience, nor do I think that everyone would enjoy that. Chateau is a great mix of old charm and contemporary amenities. For example there's a pool, but not a super luxurious pool/hot tub with state of the art everything. It's a nice little pool where people keep to themselves sip drinks, get a tan, and relax. There's no spa, but you can get a massage in the room. You can get just about anything you need delivered to your room. In fact, you could cook a thanksgiving dinner in our room. When you're there, it's easy to get sucked in and not want to leave, it's a hotel built to seclude it's guests from the outside world. Anyone complaining about the service just doesn't get it, if you ask for something you get it, other than that, they are trained to leave you alone. There are guests who live in the hotel for months at a time, and if you're lucky enough to stay there for a few days, the staff treat as one of them.

Food:
The food was amazing. I had three meals a day there for a week, my favorite was the Spaghetti Bolognese. I have no complaints at all. Tea was especially amazing. (only con obviously is the price)

I had an amazing experience at Chateau Marmont. If you're in LA for work or just want to escape for a little, you can really sink in and relax here.

PS- If you're scared the few people that are partying will keep you up at night? Don't be. The place is built to survive earth quakes (literally), You can't hear a single thing in the neighboring rooms.

Room Tip: We had Room 69. And it was incredible. HUGE balcony overlooking LA and the cafe in the courtyard. Highly recommend that room or 59 the room below it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Ungano
Reviewed 25 July 2013

WOW!!! We truly loved the Chateau. Once inside the calm interior the outside world was lost to us. Real step back in time, a very retro bungalow, great bar and restaurant, superb staff. Very "unfussy" very comfortable, relaxed and thoroughly enjoyable. The best margarita in LA. Could just imagine the good old glam days of Hollywood and movie stars. Absolutely fantastic hotel. LOVED it. Some people will just not get it, but we did and would hope to get it again!!!

Room Tip: Any room in the Chateau works!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Valerie A
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I'm not sure why some don't like this place, but our trip was top shelf from start to finish. You can feel the history when you walk through the place, take a dip in the pool, or grab a drink on the patio. We had a bungalow and it was awesome, with a retro decor circa the glam days of Hollywood. We saw some celebs(leave them be), we hung by the pool, we enjoyed the entire experience. The staff was on-point and more than willing to help. I recommend it highly. I know some complained on this sight about arrogant staff, poor service,etc., but I experienced none of that. Yes, it's expensive, but I believe worth it. I have stayed at some cool spots in L.A., but this is my first choice next time in town. Hey, it's the Chateau.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family