Andaz West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$416
US$299
  • Pool
Montrose West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$366
US$240
Official Website
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$280/night.

Petit Ermitage(West Hollywood)
US$425
US$398
  • Pool
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$230
Official Website
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$286/night.

Sunset Tower Hotel(West Hollywood)
US$349
US$339
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$421/night.

Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$368
US$357
  • Breakfast included
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$339
US$278
  • Restaurant
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$390
US$301
Book now, pay at stay
US$642
US$485
  • Breakfast included
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$461
US$409
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbar marmonthollywood historywalls could talkold schoolmain buildinglarge living roomjunior suitepeople watchingmovie starshollywood feelfull kitchenhollywood experiencefour seasonssunset blvdhotel barspent nightslos angeles
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Checked in for a couple of nights into a suite . $780 a night which is an ok price for a suite in Weho.
I've always like the restaurant and garden and old style Art Deco hotels are my favourite - like claridges or raffles. But so are more edgier hotels - so a seemingly great combination.
The room size is enormous - amazing kitchen and dressing room and great views . That's the only good thing I have to say about it. Its 1950s which is lovely - but really really poorly maintained. There's no excuse for rusty bathroom windows or broken , smashed soap dishes. With reclaimed vintage - its easy enough to come by if they are interested in maintaining the detail. You can smoke in some rooms too- It didnt even occur to ask for a non smoking one - so I didn't have enjoy someone else's cigarette for the whole night!
The kitchen was fun - massive GE fridge really stocked up - but that was it as far as kitchen goes . Fully working with oven and has burner and toaster etc - but not even thoughtful enough to leave a little stash of green tea or coffee . Yes I know its five star etc etc . But having a cool gas kettle and ordering room service tea is just sad. I'm sure if I was there long term it would make sense and could order groceries - but then does any hotel guest cook a roast chicken on their off days .. And probably it wouldn't be allowed in.
The beds are pretty standard of comfort - no nice duck down comforter or similar - and just plain. No real colour or interior design . Putting a 50s cabinet In the corner does not complete a room.
The noise at nighttime was intense as well - as double floating would clearly go against the ' look' - forget about guest comfort.
So ask for a room out the back and lose the view .
Next comes service - if you can find any decent , thoughtful guest facing service - let me know. Apart from one guy with long hair in a little pony tail - of Asian descent - there wasn't a single one. They were interesting In themselves and their own attitude and style . I know i sound harsh - but I was as disappointed as I sound. The Mexican staff as ever work their socks off , And highly commended for it. Maybe because they aren't secretly attending film school to be famous.
The food is very very good and a decent price - the beet and kale quinoa was lovely as is the wine list.
I also didnt realise , from the last time I stayed - that it was ok to bring your own paparazzi if you are some random celebrity - who can snap away at you throughout dinner - regardless of blinding or offending the other diners. 2 of them - with huge flash bulbs for 45 minutes . I was next to them at dinner - as was another table of 6 and they were being facilitated by the maitre''d - fully acceptable! Just bizarre - I moved inside to the bar to eat .
I'm just disappointed - and I'm sure there are many happy customers and bla bla ... But too maintain a hotel with such history requires love, care and attention to detail, as well as serious cash. I just didnt get the feeling it had this, rusty window and broken Bath fixtures and clashing 80s carpet included .
I checked out and went to sunset marquis. Quiet, peaceful and cool without telling u at every single second how cool it is, and I won't be back there ever again. Which I'm sure they are pleased about now!!

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank hantheangel
Reviewed 10 August 2013

After reading the reviews I was hesitant so only booked one night (29th July), I wish I had stayed longer.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the service was fantastic. I did not manage to get everyone's names but special mention for great service to Hadi and Phillip.

Our room was not ready upon check in so we had a drink in the Polo Lounge. It was quiet, relaxed and perfect. Sipping wine in the sun at the Chateau Marmont...perfect.

Our room (a Jr Suite with Balcony) was amazing! It was huge. Everything in the room is vintage, no replicas from the fridge to the kitchen table. This may not be everyone's cup of tea but I LOVED it. The room was very clean and the amenities great. The kitchen was stocked with everything you could want or need including cake tins!

Bed and linens were lovely.

We headed to the pool which was quiet and perfect for reading a book in the sun and relaxing. The pool service was great. We stumbled upon a table tennis table and played a few rounds.

Although the bathroom is "old school" I loved it. The shower was large and had great pressure. You do not feel like you are at a hotel, rather a close friends home.

We had an electrical issue in our room which resulted in a small fire. After a call to the front desk management (Tony) had addressed the issue and handled the situation appropriately.

It is the small touches that really make this hotel, such has hand written notes from management and the genuine service provided by staff from housekeeping to front desk and management.

We had dinner at Bar Marmont which had a great vintage atmosphere. Food was nice enough but nothing great. We returned to The Restaurant for desert and a bottle of wine. As it was a little chilly so staff bought us blankets to snuggle into while we reclined on lounge chairs...perfect.

I will most definitely be back to the Chateau Marmont, I cannot imagine staying anywhere else now that I have been here.

If you are wanting the latest technology and modern new décor and furnishing this is not the place for you. If you want to experience Old Hollywood Glamour to the fullest you too will fall in love with the Chateau Marmont.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a suite, you will not be sorry.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ery559
Reviewed 4 August 2013

It's our second time at the chateau. This time we had a room without a view, right by the garden. But what a beautiful suite, it was huge and very tastefully decorated. The whole building is what you expect of Hollywood, outlandish, surreal and gorgeous . The staff is most attentive and kind.
Attention to detail is non paralleled.
we'll definitively come back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank pierreC92200
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed at Chateau Marmont for 7 days while in Los Angeles for work. I could probably write a book about my experience there but for your sake, I'm going to try and some it up in a few lines here.

My experience:
I partied a little bit. Hit the pool (which is temp. regulated 24 hours a day). Had breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and stayed up partying in my room with some celebs who crashed the party and starting telling their "Chateau stories" (one of whom's involved watching Hunter Thompson put his fist through a window in the room we were staying in (Room 69) while tripping on Acid). Basically if you're at all into Rock and Roll and Hollywood legend, there is no other place in the country to stay.

That being said-

That's not WHY you stay there, and I doubt that is everyones experience, nor do I think that everyone would enjoy that. Chateau is a great mix of old charm and contemporary amenities. For example there's a pool, but not a super luxurious pool/hot tub with state of the art everything. It's a nice little pool where people keep to themselves sip drinks, get a tan, and relax. There's no spa, but you can get a massage in the room. You can get just about anything you need delivered to your room. In fact, you could cook a thanksgiving dinner in our room. When you're there, it's easy to get sucked in and not want to leave, it's a hotel built to seclude it's guests from the outside world. Anyone complaining about the service just doesn't get it, if you ask for something you get it, other than that, they are trained to leave you alone. There are guests who live in the hotel for months at a time, and if you're lucky enough to stay there for a few days, the staff treat as one of them.

Food:
The food was amazing. I had three meals a day there for a week, my favorite was the Spaghetti Bolognese. I have no complaints at all. Tea was especially amazing. (only con obviously is the price)

I had an amazing experience at Chateau Marmont. If you're in LA for work or just want to escape for a little, you can really sink in and relax here.

PS- If you're scared the few people that are partying will keep you up at night? Don't be. The place is built to survive earth quakes (literally), You can't hear a single thing in the neighboring rooms.

Room Tip: We had Room 69. And it was incredible. HUGE balcony overlooking LA and the cafe in the courtyard. Highly recommend that room or 59 the room below it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Ungano
Reviewed 25 July 2013

WOW!!! We truly loved the Chateau. Once inside the calm interior the outside world was lost to us. Real step back in time, a very retro bungalow, great bar and restaurant, superb staff. Very "unfussy" very comfortable, relaxed and thoroughly enjoyable. The best margarita in LA. Could just imagine the good old glam days of Hollywood and movie stars. Absolutely fantastic hotel. LOVED it. Some people will just not get it, but we did and would hope to get it again!!!

Room Tip: Any room in the Chateau works!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family