Chateau Marmont
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Standard, Hollywood(West Hollywood)
  • Pool
Sunset Tower Hotel(West Hollywood)
  • Breakfast included
Andaz West Hollywood(West Hollywood)
  • Restaurant
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)
  • Restaurant
The Jeremy West Hollywood(West Hollywood)
  • Pool
Palihouse West Hollywood(West Hollywood)
Sunset Marquis(West Hollywood)
Holloway Motel(West Hollywood)
View Hotel
All reviewsbar marmontthe cottageshollywood historyold schoolwalls could talkmain buildinglarge living roompeople watchingjunior suitemovie starshollywood feelfull kitchenhollywood experiencefour seasonssunset blvdlos angeleshotel bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Andre Balazs property. if you are young and have a bit of money you will love it. It's shabby, impossibly charming, very old-school Hollywood atmospheric, good food and drinks. Your granny would have had a more modern bathroom. So don't coming looking for "value for money", marble bathrooms, shiny taps, brisk service but do stay to have fun Old Hollywood style.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MsPapercut
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Probably my favorite hotel of all time. We had a junior suite, which had a separate living room, dining room and kitchen and felt like a little apartment. Love the decor, the arched doorways and the cute old-timey bathroom. Also love the little touches like printing my name on the stationary in the room, and the bottle of wine and cookies on the coffee table when we arrived (I think that is special for people who book through Mr. and Mrs. Smith). I love the do-whatever-you-want attitude of the place. I've never been to a hotel that actually lets you smoke inside. And the pool, which is kept at 80 degrees, stays open 24 hours. We spent a lot of our time there. We had to wait about an hour for our room, which was no problem since we were enjoying cocktails by the pool. But they offered to pay for our dinner and drinks that night as compensation, which made me feel like they go above and beyond in terms of service. The food was amazing, and chances of seeing a celebrity are high (We saw Demi Lovato, sp?) While in L.A., I stayed at the Fairmont Miramar, the Peninsula Beverly Hills and Malibu Beach Inn, and this was by far my favorite. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Go for a junior suite!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at the chateau for 3 days this past week and i have to say it is really quite magnificent! it is a hotel steeped in history - it seems like every nook and cranny has a story full of hollywood lore. I loved my room, spacious comfortable and wonderfully retro - those looking for creature comforts of a luxury hotel this may not be the ideal place - but for those looking for an "experience" a cool vibe and a pathway to history with a little glamour- this is your place!. Also my room had a cute kitchen , balcony which i really appreciated The service is very friendly and accommodating - the pool is so nice, somewhat secluded- feel like a hollywood movie star there! My only negative would be the service in the restaurant, while friendly not very efficient, took long time to get served both times we ate at the garden restaurant, although they comp-ed some stuff to make up for the slow service don't expect that in a hotel of this calibre- but even that was not enough to dampen my excellent experience- the central location, and the feeling that we were in a magical place connected to the ghosts of hollywood past!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank penny m
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I would not give 5 stars to this hotel because " it was the most popular place for stars & celebrities once " or just because a lot people found it " perfect" . I have stayed in CM 3 years ago but that time in one of the cottages . It was OK . But this time we have booked a room in the main building for 7 nights . Here are my "optimistic" reviews ... staff : not so bad , they were helpfull and kind , no bad experience . Restaurant : always busy , tasty food , some staff were nice , some were not , over priced ? No! Yes you pay a lot for a burger maybe but hey! be realistic , all the five star hotels have unbelievable prices . Rooms : old but really old . Cottages were better . Housekeeping : TERRIBLE may be the worst I have seen the my entire life . They are not cleaning the floors , you see your own hair or the guests before you ! Towels were dirty . Sorry guys but room towels and pool towels were terrible . Although we were 3 in the room ( with our son) , turn down service put 1 bottle of water for a couple of nights , luckly we bumped her and asked for more than she increased the bottles to 3 . But dont they have the guest list ??? They should know how many people are staying in the rooms .
Very important also : they should warn the guests during check in that taking photos are strictly forbidden. But they didnt . We were having breakfast next day ( the rest. almost empty) Staff came to our table and warned us to behave . That was NOT NICE !
Another important warning : our room (31) was overlooking to the restaurant and always toooo noisy until 2 a.m. People were drinking , chatting and laughing when we were trying to sleep .
And last but not the least : every night after our long day in amusement parks and around the town , we tried to get into the Hotel ." Tried " because it was not easy !! There was a lady and her team , trying to stop every car in front of the hotel to see if you have a reservation for the restaurant , so every time we were hesitating whether we should stop or continue to the drive way.
Summary : nice place to see and to be seen if you are living in LA . Not recommended for Tourists like us .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Eser
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I just went for drinks and lunch and it was sooo cool. I was siting with celebrities and musicians. If you are a tourist wearing sneakers and a fanny pack please move on. This is for the uber LA cool crowd.I loved it!!! Its expensive and exclusive ans soo LA!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo