“Great service and food”

Chateau Marmont
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
“Great service and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Good place to see and be seen. Good service, great rooms, great food and great location to have the full "hollywood experience". To rent a car, of course, is always a good idea in LA, no matter where you're staying!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I have to admit that I entered the Chateau with in my mind the idea to find another cool hotel with poor service: I was totally wrong.

More than the scene and the aura of the Chateau, what I was impressed by was the excellent service and the attention to the needs of the costumer.

My room (a suite) was enormous, furnished well and very clean.

We arrived at 6.00 am and the man at the front desk did his best to accommodate us and he succeeded.

The concierge is very responsive.

It is hard to find bad points...truly impressed.

I think it is worth the price.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

After a bit of a shaky start (we had to wait a bit for our room to be ready after a long flight) Max and the team really made up for it with excellent service and an exceptionally welcoming vibe. We loved CM so much we hardly left the place for the first couple of days and this was a great spot to catch up with friends away from the hustle and bustle of West Hollywood. The room was excellent with an authentic feel and we enjoyed all if our several dining and lounging experiences during our stay. Max and the team run a very slick operation in the restaurant and bar, very cool guys. Can't wait to stay at CM again, highly recommend to all.

Mark N

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marnat1
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at the Chateau 3 or 4 years ago in a two bedroom suite. Our teenage daughter was in seventh heaven - what a lucky girl she was!

I have a love of iconic hotels, and nothing could dissuade me from re-booking a night on our last adventure. I booked a one bedroom suite (we were located on the 5th floor) and what an absolute joy when we opened the door. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and time has not dulled my opinion of it.

Fresh, beautifully appointed, warm and comfortable with spectacular views over my favourite city in the world - Los Angeles. The wrap-around balcony is one of the many stars here - the dining room, bathroom, kitchen and fabulous bathroom are the others. The plush and warm carpet is beautiful.

I am so pleased that such attention to detail exists - albeit in a very understated manner - which I just love. The whole apartment was one I did not want to leave - luckily standard checkout at 12.00 makes leaving a lot less difficult, and you get to relax in the morning.

The linens are gorgeous, the fittings so beautifully chosen and maintained. The kitchen is so quirky and original and I loved the vegetable bins in the refrigerator being stocked with fab beers and mixers - sooooo appropriate. Wonderful choice of spirits and mixers in the mini-bar. I love beautiful tonic waters, and Chateau respects and celebrates the difference between ordinary and extraordinary.

We ate at the patio, our organised approach to reserving restaurants in advance paid dividends as we were whisked to our table on time. Organisation is essential at the Chateau I think. We understand the gig here. Be on time or risk being left out. As it should be.

The food was beautiful - the best in my 10 year experience with the Chateau and Patio. Everything was healthy, well presented, extremely yummy, and I love the slightly laconic but clearly talented waitstaff. They are really fun and deserve to be respected and well treated by guests for their low-key but professional approach. We also had a bottle of the 2012 Kistler Chardonnay - Yay, so pleased the wine list provides for iconic Californian wines of such good quality.

All-in-all this is a hotel I feel at home in. It reflects the things I love in a hotel, and my husband, who understands this, loved it that I was so happy.

No fuss, all class, just perfect! I will always come back and I trust that it will always be as it is - because that is what makes it so special - consistency, and quirkiness.

Room Tip: I always go for a suite - you get what you pay for and I think that the suites are excellent value f...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Madcooki
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Andre Balazs property. if you are young and have a bit of money you will love it. It's shabby, impossibly charming, very old-school Hollywood atmospheric, good food and drinks. Your granny would have had a more modern bathroom. So don't coming looking for "value for money", marble bathrooms, shiny taps, brisk service but do stay to have fun Old Hollywood style.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MsPapercut
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Probably my favorite hotel of all time. We had a junior suite, which had a separate living room, dining room and kitchen and felt like a little apartment. Love the decor, the arched doorways and the cute old-timey bathroom. Also love the little touches like printing my name on the stationary in the room, and the bottle of wine and cookies on the coffee table when we arrived (I think that is special for people who book through Mr. and Mrs. Smith). I love the do-whatever-you-want attitude of the place. I've never been to a hotel that actually lets you smoke inside. And the pool, which is kept at 80 degrees, stays open 24 hours. We spent a lot of our time there. We had to wait about an hour for our room, which was no problem since we were enjoying cocktails by the pool. But they offered to pay for our dinner and drinks that night as compensation, which made me feel like they go above and beyond in terms of service. The food was amazing, and chances of seeing a celebrity are high (We saw Demi Lovato, sp?) While in L.A., I stayed at the Fairmont Miramar, the Peninsula Beverly Hills and Malibu Beach Inn, and this was by far my favorite. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Go for a junior suite!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at the chateau for 3 days this past week and i have to say it is really quite magnificent! it is a hotel steeped in history - it seems like every nook and cranny has a story full of hollywood lore. I loved my room, spacious comfortable and wonderfully retro - those looking for creature comforts of a luxury hotel this may not be the ideal place - but for those looking for an "experience" a cool vibe and a pathway to history with a little glamour- this is your place!. Also my room had a cute kitchen , balcony which i really appreciated The service is very friendly and accommodating - the pool is so nice, somewhat secluded- feel like a hollywood movie star there! My only negative would be the service in the restaurant, while friendly not very efficient, took long time to get served both times we ate at the garden restaurant, although they comp-ed some stuff to make up for the slow service don't expect that in a hotel of this calibre- but even that was not enough to dampen my excellent experience- the central location, and the feeling that we were in a magical place connected to the ghosts of hollywood past!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business