“Lots of fun” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ago

Ago
Reserve with OpenTable
Ago is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 426 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Winnetka, Illinois
“Lots of fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Went here with a group of 12 and had the back room. We could control the music playing and let the staff serve us a chef's selection across the entire evening. All in all a fantastic setting with great food and excellent service. Lots of fun cars to look at in the parking lot too!

A must see in West Hollywood.

• Visited November 2013

ridgewood,nj
“Best Peach Martini Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Although it is known for it's food, Ago serves the best peach martini with fresh slices of peach in the glass. We were a party of eight and enjoying both red and white wines, but when I was served my martini most of the table decided to have one too.
We had burrata cheese, veal, fresh fish and everything was tasty and well prepared.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Munich, Germany
“Much ado about not so much...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We went to Ago with a group of eight. We clearly were not the crowd the waiters would expect to dine there. Most of us weren't hungry enough for a full 3-course menu. So we ordered Pizzas, Risottos and Lasagnes - all of which costs about 20 dollars each for starter sized portions. The Risottos weren't made with proper Risotto Rice. The Pizzas were cold and dry and the Lasagne overcooked without any Bechamel Sauce that would have made it less dry and chewy. We were not informed when the waiters would open another bottle of water - so we ended up with a bottle each and paid about 40 dollars in water only. After a really long wait for mediocre and uninspired food plus a waiter pouring (60 dollar - about the cheapest they offer) wine not only in my glass but also dripping it over the sleeve of my white jacket a 20 dollar tip was added "for our convenience". Thank you very much but for a real pleasant dinner experience I would definitely not choose Ago again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SasWagner
Denver, Colorado
“A VERY Memorable Fine Fine Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Let me cut to the chase; I'm 62 and have dined in more than my share of fine restaurants in several countries. The meal I had at Ago the night before last was, simply put, just outstanding!

I'm currently doing some consulting work with the World Trade Center in San Diego and three of us had just finished attending the DV Expo at the LA Convention Center. We met one of our members, a hotel Sales Manager from San Diego, along with her co-worker in the lobby of the Elan Hotel (just around the block from Ago) for their wine and cheese happy hour. We visited for a while (the Elan is a very cool boutique hotel with great service) and then the five of us made the few minute walk around the corner to Ago.

We're were promptly greeted and asked whether we wished to sit inside or out on their covered patio; we opted for outside.

One of the two maitre d's, Emanuele Romani, promptly greeted us and introduced us to our waiter for the evening, Marco, who I would very highly recommend for his OUTSTANDING service to our group throughout the evening.

Emanuele had two menus for us, one was the normal full menu and the other was their "tasting menu" with an optional wine pairing offer. We were in overwhelm...

It's not so much that Ago's had too much to offer, rather it was that we had been at a convention looking at at all types of technology for hours and we were frazzled.

I think Emanuele was sensitive to our stares and, much to our relief, he simply said "Would you prefer I put a dinner together for you?"

I said "Yes, that would be lovely; why don't you handle the details."

Emanuele made some suggestions, but we just said "Go do your thing!"

Boy were we glad we did...

Within a few minutes some of Ago's signature peach martinis showed up, followed by the first of our food courses and wine; we were having a blast.

To be sure, the company you keep is a big part of any meal's success and we had that part handled. However, the food and service at Ago were simply outstanding. I'll put up a few pictures with this review. I can't recall what all we had because we didn't order ANY of it, but it was ALL mouthwatering.

One particular dish was handmade raviolis stuffed with spinach (maybe asparagus) and drizzled with truffle oil... OMG!

After eating four pieces of that little savory (each bite was to the moon) and the accompanying farfalle pasta with fresh shrimp, we called a halt to the meal; we were already stuffed. Never made it to the entrees, but we'd already enjoyed three courses and, if you will, explorations, of Ago's menu.

HOWEVER, that didn't stop Emanuele from sending a dessert sampler platter to our table. Funny how that works; you're already FULL, but can take a few bites of some delicious sweets. I think there was a chocolate one, a cheesecake, and a tiramisu (see photos). I couldn't stand to taste the desserts WITHOUT ordering an espresso with Sambuca... YUM! The espresso at Ago is very delicious and well-made. I ended up having three espressos (seems a bit glutinous, but we had a two hour drive back to San Diego ahead of us).

Between Emanuele taking command of our food ordering and course sequencing, Marco's prompt, quiet and unobtrusive service, the ambiance of the al fresco patio dining, and the just plain delicious food, this meal has to be right up there in the outstanding category.

I like to be taken care of by experts and that was certainly the case this evening at Ago. I absolutely will return and look forward to doing so. What a gem of a place with a great location, exceptional food, and attentive, professional staff. My, my...

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank SamKephart
Alberta Canada
“Italian at it's best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is one of Robert Dinero restaraunts food was amazing atmosphere was great great spot for star sitings as well . The service was wonderful .

Visited July 2013