“Nice Idea.. not so good food”
Review of Gardens of Taxco

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Cross street: Santa Monica Blvd
Transit: Closest transit stop is La Jolla Street and Santa Monica Blvd. Restaurant is 1/2 Block from transit stop.
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The idea is very nice, the restaurant is very nice and cozy, the salsa, chips and Margaritas were wonderful but I was not impressed with the food. Would not eat here again.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I've been here a number of times over the years and it truly is the best Mexican food I have ever had. Not your traditional Mexican food, they say it is Mexico City style. You pick a meat and a spice level/flavor and then the food starts arriving, including appetizers included with the meal. They have some of the best Albondigas soup I've ever had and amazing Margaritas and Sangria! You will be full by the time you finish your dinner, or if not, the dessert and sherry make a very nice finishing course. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who doesn't want the standard, run of the mill Mexican food! By the way, having Jaime play for you is the best!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I had such a wonderful time celebrating my birthday with my Fam at The Gardens of Taxco. I hadn't been to this restaurant in years (since we live 1.5 hours away now). But when my mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday, it just came to me that I wanted to go to Gardens.

I just love the "menu"! And actually, I was hoping that the owner would be our waiter. He sings/recites the menu so eloquently. He is a real pleasure. For myself and my sister, we chose the shrimp that "Boooooorn" in the sauce and it was excellent. It also caught my attention that one of the menu dishes was announced as a "Puerto Vallarta" special. Now, since I just came back from Puerto Vallarta a couple of months ago and ate at a delicious restaurant while there, I definitely had to try that dish as comparison.

MMMMmmmmmMMMM!!! You should too!!

And they were so nice on my birthday. They sang to me, gave me a delicious (non-flan) dessert with candle and even gave me a 2nd dessert (I just love that bananas with cream dessert that comes with the meal). So tasty!

This is a very nice restaurant - it's great for the experience and it's wonderful to return to just to hear the waiters sing the menu! I won't let it be another 5+ years before I return. The drive is well worth it!!

1  Thank kelliducloux1
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Not your run of the mill restaurant. No menus. Waiters cater to your every need. A must! Order your suggested entree and delicious dish after dish comes your way.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

No menus here. But don't be put off. The dinner is a 6 course tasting with a main course which is much Katherine than the haters. You choose your main ingredient and they advise you which sauce to have with it. Mainly locals in the place and pretty busy fro a Tuesday night. I guess it's very authentic Mexican because its nothing like you'd get in the taco restaurants. One critique would be the main courses are MASSIVE. I got throughout only half after all that had been before. Great fun thought. I forgot to mention the best margaritas I'd ever had.

1  Thank YorkshireTwig