“Had to check it out”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Being major rock fans (old school) we had to go to the place Janis Joplin reportedly spent here last night partying. The atmosphere is everything we had hoped for. Almost a dive feel,with lots of cool photos and memorabilia, way cool!!!

The food, I have to say was not the best, I expected the chili to blow my socks off, and honestly the chili at Carney's on Sunset was so much better. But I loved Barney's Beanery for the atmosphere and history.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My hubby and I stopped here for drinks at the bar one day...and breakfast another. Super cool atmosphere. Everything is covered with pictures/articles of famous people and events. Diner-like place. Pool tables, tv's. Huge menu. Very affordable. Big portions. I wasn't blown away by their pancakes, but they did offer real maple syrup (for only a buck more). Fun place.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great menu! BEST CHILI EVER! Fun atmosphere! So much history with this location.......................................................................

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We ate here twice during our 1 week visit to Hollywood. Aside from the extensive history of this place, it holds it's own in terms of food, service, drinks, and atmosphere. Awesome food, awesome cheap drinks, great service (waitress even put the hockey game on for me!), great atmosphere...too bad we live on the other side of the continent or we'd be regulars!

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Killer vibe, cool, attentive staff, great french onion soup and fries...and pretty damn cool to eat at such a landmark joint!