“A bit of music history and the best nachos”
Review of Barney's Beanery

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Every time we are in Los Angeles, we visit Barney's. 50 beer menu from around the world. try to find one you don't like - highly unlikely! take pictures of the table tops carved in by Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison - yes those hanging on the ceiling above you! All the food here is delicious.. pizza, chopped salad, sandwiches but our favourite the chill nachos….

Weekends evenings really busy, if you want to sit and enjoy yourself and savour the atmosphere, pick a weekday or weeknite. Love this place, always will!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Being major rock fans (old school) we had to go to the place Janis Joplin reportedly spent here last night partying. The atmosphere is everything we had hoped for. Almost a dive feel,with lots of cool photos and memorabilia, way cool!!!

The food, I have to say was not the best, I expected the chili to blow my socks off, and honestly the chili at Carney's on Sunset was so much better. But I loved Barney's Beanery for the atmosphere and history.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My hubby and I stopped here for drinks at the bar one day...and breakfast another. Super cool atmosphere. Everything is covered with pictures/articles of famous people and events. Diner-like place. Pool tables, tv's. Huge menu. Very affordable. Big portions. I wasn't blown away by their pancakes, but they did offer real maple syrup (for only a buck more). Fun place.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great menu! BEST CHILI EVER! Fun atmosphere! So much history with this location.......................................................................

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We ate here twice during our 1 week visit to Hollywood. Aside from the extensive history of this place, it holds it's own in terms of food, service, drinks, and atmosphere. Awesome food, awesome cheap drinks, great service (waitress even put the hockey game on for me!), great atmosphere...too bad we live on the other side of the continent or we'd be regulars!