“Oh la la” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gracias Madre

Gracias Madre
Reserve with OpenTable
Gracias Madre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oh la la”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have always been a fan of the sister restaurant Cafe Gratitude and the healthfulness of the food, which is very important to me. Gracias Madre's interior and atmosphere is delightful and mostly I loved their food. A few dishes lacked a bit of flavor but that would never stop me from going there, over and over. The bar is wonderful and their drinks amazingly delicious. The staff is very friendly and cares about you. Two enthusiastic thumbs UP.

Visited July 2014

North Wales, Pennsylvania
“Good atmosphere and margaritas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We went her just for drinks as we read in Zagat's that they had the best margaritas in L.A.

The setting is spectacular with a vast open dining area in the bag and cool and relaxed vibe in the main dining room. Place was very busy and the margaritas were small but good.

We didn't eat here, but the guacamole looked delicious.

This is a vegan Mexican restaurant so make sure this is what you are looking for before you go!

San Francisco, California
“Beautiful Patio and Delicious Mexican Vegan Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had lunch today with three other friends today. The location is Melrose and it's a stone throw away from Cecconi's. The place is beautiful - spacious, white walls, dark woods, wood tables with nothing garish in sight. The best place is the huge patio with a lot of umbrellas for shading. We ordered mostly small plates to share (though the tortas are a good size). I'm not a vegan by any means but the food was delicious and filling. Though we were told the bread (for the tortas) and most of the dessert was non-vegan. We had the tortilla/guac/chorizo to start with a bunch of sodas (lemonade, ginger ale, celery which sounded unusual but was really tasty). We shared spinach salad, prickly cactus salad, potato quesdilla, a taco and two tortas. My Mexican friend did not like the coconut in one of the tortas but being Asian and loving coconut, I thought it was tasty. Overall, the food was delicious and I did not miss the meat. For dessert, we had a brownie (topped with ice cream and toasted coconut flakes) - which was vegan - and a peach cobbler topped with ice cream. Peach cobbler seems to be an unusual item on a Mexican menu but it was great. Total came out to USD $ 125 (not including tips). I would definitely come back.

Goods: beautiful decor, great outdoor space, friendly and efficient staff, tasty drinks and food
Bads: not much really; if I have to nit pick, I would say the prickly cactus salad seemed to be drowning a the dressing a little too much

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, Washington
“Surprisingly Delicious Mex-Vegan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

As a full-gluten, carb-loading carnivore I was leery when invited by a friend to eat at Gracias Madre, an organic, vegan, non-gmo Mexican food restaurant focused on local and sustainable ingredients. I'm not against all of that stuff, in fact I'm all for it... it's just that, perhaps more importantly to me, I'm also all for: FOOD THAT TASTES GOOD. Well, Thank you, Momma! Gracias Madre delivers! There were no weak points to the evening. The service was attentive, but not hovering, the outdoor patio was tranquil and charming, the clientele were very L.A. of course, young, super-cool, and hipster but not obnoxious, and the food was outstanding. Now, I discovered, when one orders a vegan enchilada, it's a little different than what I would call an "actual" enchilada... however, I didn't care. I didn't miss the old form, and my taste buds were delighted by the new presentation of flavors and textures. The Enchiladas con Mole are delish, as well as the Flautas. Perhaps just as importantly, the chips, guac and salsa also do not disappoint! Gracias Madre offers a variety of interesting craft type cocktails. I had one with an artichoke liqueur which was extremely tasty although I found it a bit too sweet. I will definitely return, and bring my friends, vegan or not. This place goes on my shortlist.

madrid
“Great meal, fantastic menu and fun crowd”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I just discovered Gracias Madre by chance, walking down Melrose avenue and I am sure to go back.
Even though I did not have a reservation and the place was packed , the nice young man at the door found me a seat immediately , first at the bar and afterwards outside , which was a real treat because the patio is beautiful.

I must admit that i was a bit reluctant in the beginning because I thought vegan=boring and thus vegan mexican = really weird and boring ....how wrong I was !

I had delicious pozole ( hominy stew ) and an ensalada de nopales ( prickly pear cactus ) and my friend and I shared some tacos and some quesadillas

everything was perfect , very tasty and well presented, and servings were large .

Service was fantastic and wine was reasonably priced.

I will definitely return !

1 Thank MissPerpetualMotion