Oliver's Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Oliver's Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 440 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Price range: US$30 - US$100
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Description: Oliver's Prime is a boutique steakhouse with an atmosphere both alluring and intimate. We present breakfast, lunch and dinner offerings in a vibrant yet comforting setting. Add in world-class wines, handcrafted cocktails, and the best service in the city and you'll see why Oliver's has already established itself as a top Sunset Strip dining destination. Reservations highly recommended.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We ate twice at Oliver's during our stay at the Grafton. Once for dinner & once for lunch. It's beautifully laid out, very low level lighting, soft music and a combination of various size tables & booths. The décor is beautifully stylish with leather booths, granite floors and very tasteful placement of mirrors. We had no problem at all getting a table , even though we hadn't booked. This may become more of a necessity if (& undoubtedly when) its reputation becomes more widely known. The staff were very pleasant, courteous throughout. The menus have an interesting & novel feature - they light up when you open them!
For dinner we selected calamari, angel hair pasta and hanger steak. All cooked to perfection! The calamari was crisp, fresh and formed an ideal light starter. The steak was beautifully tender & full of flavour. Easily one of the best I've had. The pasta was again light- but full of flavour.
This is definitely well worth a visit if you're staying at the Grafton - particularly with the discount voucher. Even without that it still represents good value considering the very good quality of the food.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

A great atmosphere with an outstanding staff. Taw Nee was very helpful and full of great advice as this was our first visit. Every detail to attention was given to the preparation of my meal as I visited twice while staying in the area.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This place is awesome. Not just the food but the Classy comfortable design. We had a party of four in one of the round booths. I could not believe the menu's, they light up when you open them...The NY Strip was the best I have ever had, the side dishes I recommend are the pearl Onions and the Mac and Cheese. The service was spot on, never intrusive, always available. Great food, great wine list, great staff.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

While traveling on our honeymoon in Hawaii, my husband and I met a couple from LA, that recommended Olivers Prime when we stopped through LA on the way home back to NYC. It was walking distance from our hotel we were staying in West Hollywood.

The meal and the experience were top notch. Living in NYC, we dine out a lot, and I have to stay it was some of the best food we have had, as well as the overall atmosphere of the place. We went on a Sunday night so it was a bit slow, but the vibe of the place was so great! The seats were comfortable, the menus have lights behind them so you can read it, the food was INCREDIBLE! We had steak, scallops, pasta with seafood, a few appetizers, and 2 wonderful bottles of wine.

Becca the server was friendly, knowledgable, and honest with food and wine choices. She was wonderful.

I would recommend anyone going to Oliver's Prime if they are interested in a wonderful meal.

Thank you! We will certainly be back when in LA again.

1  Thank LJamFerg
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is a relatively new restaurant but by all signs, it is going to be a busy one. We were staying at the Andaz across the street and were steered here by the concierge. The waiter was delightful; the service excellent, and the food to die for. I loved my steak. It was rare, truly rare. My friend said hers could've been a bit rarer -- she ordered medium rare, but I didn't agree with her. ;) The decor is lovely == a bit formal, but still down to earth and very comfortable. We sat for three hours eating and talking and enjoying everything. We ordered appetizers, steaks, sides, and dessert (bread pudding -- fantastic) plus cocktails and wine. We really did it up. The price was about $100 apiece -- very reasonable considering the amount and quality of everything. I really liked the interior. Comfy and chic. I will definitely return.