Banana Bungalow West Hollywood
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$311
US$300
  • Breakfast included
Le Montrose Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$333
US$240
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Sunset Tower Hotel(West Hollywood)
US$470
US$456
  • Pool
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$333
US$278
  • Restaurant
Palihouse West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$388
  • Restaurant
Andaz West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$311
US$462
US$450
  • Breakfast included
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$231
  • Restaurant
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$243
Chateau Marmont(West Hollywood)
US$781
  • Pool
All reviewsfree breakfastbed dormsister hostelparty roomfarmers marketi stayed in a private roomshared roomstand up comedyhuge kitchenfairfax avemixed dormfree alcoholcomedy showtable tennisfree shuttlewalking distancetea coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I've stayed at many hostels all around the world, and I can say that this was one of the worst hostel experiences for me (and my friend).

When you stay at a hostel, lets face it, you don't pay for nice beach views and personalised name tages...you pay for somewhere to sleep with a clean bathroom. I surely didn't get this this time around!

When we arrived, the building and our room had an unwelcoming smell. Not sure if we we're just the unluckiest people who got the worst room?! But after our long flight and touring for half the day, I couldn't wait to have a shower. My friend had a shower first (lucky duck) which clogged up (as the shower was in the bath) and wouldn't filter down which meant I couldn't have a shower and refused to for the duration of our stay (ewwww). After crossing our fingers in the hope that the water would drain, we we're left with a bath filled with 'floaty bits' which I didn't even want to know what they were.

There was a sign in the bathroom that said if the toilet clogs up, to not flush and just use the plunger that was provided (not sure if it has ever been cleaned). It made me question our bed and the sheets! Everyone looks for different things when booking accommodation and I'm not at all the pretentious sort. We just came off a camping trip and as I quoted to my friend "I preferred sleeping in a wet tent on a log than here"

On the flip side, the location was quite reasonable and the staff weren't too bad, but I wouldn't stay here again! We stayed for two nights in total. Our Wifi didn't work in the bedroom, but in the common area it did - not a huge deal on the wifi.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Cute hostel, good location. In LA it's always better if you have a car! Only complaint is that the wifi didn't work in the room!!! :( you had to go down to the common area to use it. They had three computers that you could use which was nice and a little garden. They also had a couple of free BBQ nights which is great for who is travelling on a budget

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in a private room. Hostel is very clean and staff friendly.breakfast is basic (porridge and toast) but considering it's included in accommodation price we were happy with it. The hostel is nice and secure and we found the location fantastic. It is easy to explore west hollywood by foot from here or catch the bus. There is a whole foods grocery store nearby as well as the 24hr Canters diner. Would recommend if looking for budget accommodation near hollywood.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed in a 16 share dorm room. The bed was very uncomfortable. On my second night I couldn’t sleep, so I went to the basement in the hope of getting some rest. When I got there, the air was filled with marijuana smoke which was very annoying.

Another annoyance was the small number of bathrooms. Each morning there was always a line, and everyone was very annoyed with this.

The hostel is located near Santa Monica Blvd, making it convenient for exploring West Hollywood. The hostel has free wi-fi, and the staff were friendly and welcoming during my stay.

Unfortunately I wouldn't stay here again though.

Room Tip: Choose a smaller room, not the 16 share dorm!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

+enough space in the room
+sharing with 6 people in Total but got our own restroom and kitchen
+Nice people working here
- Wifi is most of the time not working well
- not a really good location.
- the bed is shaking with every little move you make.

Stayed: July 2014