“Really Nice!!”

Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend and friends. Since I didn't make the reservations I wasn't sure what to expect. Well It was fabulous. The room was average size. The bed and pillows and comforter was heavenly!! Slept like a baby. The morning breakfast was fine: coffee,juice,danish,toast hard boiled eggs and waffles made to order. I would have liked a bagel but it was good. Coffee available all day. The pool area was beautiful; you wouldn't know that your were on sunset strip. There was coffee in the room along with a microwave and refrigerator. My friends had a whole kitchenette. All in all I enjoyed my stay. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 August 2011

This place was ok, like everything it has its good and bad points:
Positives:
* Great sized room and bathroom
* Comfy beds
* Nice pool
* Free WiFi
* Washing machines and dryer
* Bus stop right out the front ($1.50 to most places)
* Mel's Diner, Chin Chin and other nice places to eat within walking distance

Negatives
* Breakfast is painful, there are barely any seats and everyone is falling all over each other to get anything to eat
* The floors are so thin you can hear everything from upstairs which makes it hard to sleep

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Fourth time staying here in Hollywood. Clean, good-sized room. Many of Sunset Boulevard's attractions are within walking distance. Best price of all hotels in immediate vicinity. Free continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Good size king room. Clean. Microwave and small refrigerator.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Our room was good. Quiet and Clean. Ask to be away from Sunset Blvd, since I can see that those rooms facing Sunset Blvd have the traffic noise. Our air conditioning unit was not as cooling as we would like, so bring a small fan. Continental breakfast was a nice addition and plenty to choose from. At times, there was no seating, but I took my breakfast and sat on a lounge chair around the pool. Nice restaurants within walking distance of the Hotel. We ate at Cafe Med (Italian) and Saddle Ranch chop house. Both were great. If you like Starbucks Coffee, then you just have to cross the street and you are there. We visited Warner Brothers Studio and was worth every penny. Very interesting. Rented bikes on the Santa Monica Pier for an hour. Fun to do with the family. Biked along Venice Beach and ended at Marina Del Rey.

1  Thank TwinM
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed here for two nights and were pleasantly surprised by some of the small amenities. The beds were very comfortable. The rooms were a little small but had a fridge and microwave. The pool area is just gorgeous and you feel like you are in Melrose Place with a great view. The breakfast was really good including made to order waffles. Was great value for the price and the parking was free and very accessible. Would recommend this especially if you have small children.

Room Tip: Ask for two beds if you want a bigger room
1  Thank bosgirl123
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights on our way home to London from N Z, my wife uses a wheelchair and the staff were really helpful.
We had a large room with all mod cons, the breakfast was included and was excellent.
would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Spent two nights in mid-July while helping our daughter move to Los Angeles. The hotel surprised me pleasantly since I expected touristy- shabby that hotels can sometimes pass off in highly popular areas. I was wrong. Our room was a little cramped, but had all the amenities promised. The bed was clean and comfortable. Everything worked. Parking was easily accessible. The breakfast room was kept clean and well-stocked in spite of the large number of guests using the space. We noticed a large number of non-American guests and had several enjoyable conversations about places events, activities and ideas with these travelers. One of our favorite activities while traveling is to meet locals. I hope we added that dimension to someone's " LA " experience. I will return when we visit my daughter next time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
#16 of 354 in Los Angeles
Sunset Tower Hotel
Sunset Tower Hotel
#1 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel

Address: 8400 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069-1910 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Sunset Plaza Hotel)
Region: United States > California > West Hollywood > West Hollywood
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Best Value Hotel in West Hollywood
#5 Family Hotel in West Hollywood
#6 Romantic Hotel in West Hollywood
#11 Business Hotel in West Hollywood
Price Range: £185 - £276 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel 2.5*
A beautiful Mediterranean inspired hotel centrally located between Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Just minutes from famous beaches, Universal Studios and Walk of Fame. Daily sightseeing tours are available from the hotel lobby. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western West Hollywood