“Great stay”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
Toronto, Canada
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great choice, nice hotel, not too big not too small. great breakfast included and wifi included. Everyone is very helpful. Great location, great parking place. So convenience for us to go everywhere. And not crowded at all. Hope the pool is heated. It's a little trouble to check in & out with luggage since there is a few steps up & down. Can't use the luggage stroller.

2 Thank specialist2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

This hotel exceeded all of our expectations, except briefly when we checked in and were given a room already occupied by someone else. The front desk person easily changed that, but disappointingly did not apologize or say anything. Other than that, everything was great. Our room overlooked the beautiful pool and garden area, the free breakfast was a nice addition, and the parking, although costing $18 a day, allowed you to easily come and go as you pleased without having to wait and tip someone. The room looked newly decorated and totally modernized. Centrally located. We stayed the weekend of December 6-8, 2014. Heartily recommend this hotel!

1 Thank Fabulous1751
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

After a tonne of research trying to find the best location/hotel to stay in LA I finally decided on the Best Western Sunset Plaza due to the great reviews and ideal location. I was not disappointed! We arrived into LA at around 6am got to the hotel at 7 and our room was ready! This was a great start to our 3 night stay as we did not have to pay any extra for the early check-in. The room was a great size (for two people) and incredibly quiet. The pool area is beautiful and the breakfast is a great start to the day. We walked to the major spots like Hollywood Blvd and had dinner at the Saddle Ranch which was a lot of fun. My best tip for LA is to get out of the main areas, hire a car and travel along the PCH! But as a travel agent I will definitely be recommending this property.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anika-grace
Hobart, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I thought this was an ok hotel except I was unfortunate enough to score one of the rooms with an outlook to a wall which made me feel really bad as I know there were great rooms overlooking the pool and garden. That aside, I would say that my room was clean, the bathroom was good and the the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was also good with plenty of choices from the buffet although I didn't like eating off paper plates and using plastic knives and forks. Whatever reason the management has for this I don't know......all I do know is they need to change it!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 52Little_devil
Kingsburg, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Just wanted to touch basis again and state again how wonderful this hotel is. I have been staying at this hotel for
7 to 8 years with my girlfriends as I have doctor appointments at UCLA. Very well located as to shopping and dining. The rooms are always exceptionally clean and have great views of the pool and garden area. Rooms are also nicely decorated and include refrigerators and microwaves. I am handicapped therefore I use a walker and every room I've had has met my needs. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. They have full breakfast daily which is very nice. A special thanks to Carlos Morton, assistant manager, who makes each visit special. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Mcotton10
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

The Hotel is well located and the staff were always very helpful. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The hotel is very close to the bus stop for the red sightseeing tour. It is also opposite a really good restaurant - the Saddle Ranch Chop House.
The pool was quite cold though, but adequate.
Breakfast was included and of a good standard. Our only complaint was that on one occasion the breakfast room was full and we had to take our food to an overspill room on a different floor.
I would happily recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Apparently some rooms face a wall so you might like to request an alternative.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Flagstaff, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel on Sunset Blvd was walking distance to lots of great restaurants & shops. The pool was heated & the views of the Hollywood hills & the LA city were incredible. It was a very clear day when we were there! The staff were so kind & helpful by getting us a room that was large enough for our family. We can't wait to return!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western