“Nice hotel, great location”

Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 3 June 2014

As per previous reviews, this hotel is superbly located for the Hollywood attractions. My wife & I stayed here for two nights during a tour of California & wished we had stayed here longer. The reception was friendly & efficient, although when unloading, it was difficult to find a spot to park outside the hotel. The parking round the back was hard to find & I was very disappointed that an extra charge was made, even for hotel guests. The pool area was nice. The room was large, clean & well appointed & the buffet breakfast was good. There are plenty of good local bars & restaurants to eat at. I especially recommend Cabo Cantina if you like Mexican. Turn right out of the hotel & it;s about 150 yds on the opposite side of the road. I would have given the hotel 5 O's apart from having to pay for parking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tangerinebiker
Write a ReviewReviews (2,104)

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This is a very pretty hotel with a pool surrounded by flowers which was a nice relief to come back to in the afternoons. Rooms were good size, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good with a good selection of food.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Though I would say the we're quick to suggest taxi when actually public transport is ok. We took a bus outside to one block down from Hollywood and from there you can get metro to universally quite easily. The beach is a looong way from here but we got the bus and actually quite enjoyed the ride.
Locally there are some good restaurants and bars in easy walk. You can walk to hollywood star area but it took us about 45 mins.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it in west hollywood area. Think carefully on what area you want to be in and what you want to see as LA is huge.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights for the third time.

Anytime i am in LA this is my go-to place. I love it! The rooms are huge and modern with microwave and sink and the pool area is straight out of Melrose Place.

The whole hotel has a very nice vibe to it that it makes me happy to be in LA.

The breakfast has a lot of variety and longer hours than most which is good.

Location is awesome. The bus stop is right outside the entrance. Take this bus to Highland st, which is right where the high school is on Sunset. Hollywood Blvd and the walk of fame is 1 block up. Take the bus back from in front of the high school. if you want to go to Santa Monica you have to take a different bus walking to the street south of Sunset Blvd, so everything is accessible to this.

The Beverly Center shopping mall is 30 mins walk down La Cienega and the area across the road from Beverly Center has more stores and restaurants. We went to Souplantation for dinner after shopping which was in with the Target, TK Marx and all of that in this part. It was $11 and all you can eat salad, soup, pasta, bakery, ice cream and more. It was the best buffet I have ever eaten in as everything was so fresh and appetizing. Make sure you eat there if you can it is so worth it.

The Saddle Ranch across the road is also amazing! Staff were awesome and we had an enjoyable dinner with bull riding and more. It was our favourite night of the trip hands down.

All in all, you can't go wrong.

Always love staying here in LA!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Toni F
Reviewed 1 June 2014

the big plus for this hotel is its location. Into everywhere Airport , Hollywood, Universal, Museums Rodeo Drive whatever , easily done from here.
Rooms a good American sized rooms , no problem for us as a family of 4, with 2 king sized best and plenty of space left over.

Pool was good , especially after a day out. Was cool in April but a bonus when it gets really Hot.
Area was friendly , and no problems walking around the area. breakfast was plentiful but obviously cost were being cut as all was served on disposable plates/cutlery.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This place is well worth the money! When booking I thought...Best Western??? I was very shocked how nice and SUPER clean this place was. I mean, this place is VERY clean. You actually forget your on the busy Sunset plaza because the hotel is so peaceful and quiet. It's located between Sunset and a very nice upscale kind of area that has beautiful trees and sidewalks. The parking garage is behind the hotel with a really personalized touch and that was even very clean. Hotel location is literally no more than 10-20 mins away from everything you will want to see in West Hollywood (Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive, Hollywood Blvd...even the drive to Malibu beach was only about 40 minutes. Only issue we had was that we had yo switch rooms because of issues with the A/C...they were able to move us to another 1st floor pool view room which was cool. Trust me, if you're staying on Sunset Blvd this is were you want to stay. You cant find this level of excellence and character for this price. Very safe touristy area...I could honestly go on and on about this hotel! I'll definitely stay here again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

When I know I am going back to LA, this is the property that I go straight to in regard to securing a room. The location is PERFECT, the rooms are so inviting and the reception staff are just wonderful. I don't know when I will have the opportunity to return to LA, but if/when I do, I will be on their doorstep before i can say 'WeHo'!

The breakfast gets busy, so get a table early, better still, take your bagel and coffee and eat it in the gorgeous pool courtyard. It's the perfect start/middle/end to a vacation!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

the room was lovely, tweeting birds outside and well serviced. Great location, just over the road from the saddle ranch - well worth a visit. Our first trip to LA, staff were helpful and we found it a good location from which to get around. Breakfast was disappointing - didn't realise that hotel didn't have a kitchen. meals area very small, so doesn't cater when everyone turns up for breakfast at the same time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple