“Five Star Experience”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
california
“Five Star Experience”
Reviewed 8 January 2009

WOW!!! really loved staying at the Sunset Plaza, the rooms are very comfortable, we had a great jacuzzi, excellent city view. The location on Sunset Blvd. is great if you're looking to go somewhere in Hollywood. Hotel staff extremely helpful, especially Sonia- she was very friendly and helped us with our reservation. We will definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Liked — spacious rooms, jacuzzi, big screen tv, location
  • Disliked — have no complaints
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Burbank
Reviewed 3 January 2009

My wife and I enjoyed an overnight stay at the Best Western Sunset Plaza Hotel during the first weekend of November. It’s been over a month since our romantic getaway, but our stay was so encouraging it was unforgettable. From our entry into the impressive Spanish style hotel to the assistance beginning with the front desk representative, we were extremely encouraged by the view and the service. This was a surprise getaway I planned for my wife, so the heightened effort the front desk representative provided in making my wife and I feel special was tremendous.

We stayed on the upper level; complete with a beautiful view of the pool as well as an additional view with a balcony on the other side of our room. The balcony gave us a romantic ambiance while providing privacy, enclosed with a garden like setting. The service was so excellent, with the mere mention of my wife and I celebrating our 12th anniversary, waiting in our room was two wine glasses and a bottle of wine.

In fact, I planned a night for my wife and me to have a romantic dinner and a movie; however, we enjoyed the room atmosphere so much, we ended up ordering dinner and bringing it back to the room for a more intimate evening. Would have loved to be able to order room service, but all of the restaurants were close and made for easy dinning.

One of the most simple but nice highlights for me was the backstreet entry to the underground parking. This allowed us to avoid any busyness from the main street (Sunset Blvd.) and a quick path to the hotel lobby. I believe for the standard room it was $169 per night; we elected for the suite which was $299 per night. Excellent costs for an extravagant stay and top level service.

I sincerely recommend this hotel to everyone as a great vacation stay, romantic getaway or for any other type of trip. If you’re looking for a comparable low cost for a top-notch hotel with service that goes beyond, you’ll find it at the Best Western Sunset Plaza.

• Liked — I loved the Spanish Style setting and the excellent service.
  • Disliked — No room service.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bradyday
Fortuna, Ca
Reviewed 2 January 2009

I had a very pleasant stay at this beautiful and well kept hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was helped with directions since I was from out of town. I felt comfortable to invite my friends to come over and visit. Every morning I had a wonderful breakfast before going on my visits.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — no thing
  • Stayed May 2008
1 Thank nicatamales
Fortuna, Ca
Reviewed 2 January 2009

Everything about our stay at the hotel was very pleasant. Check-in was almost fun, filled with smiles and even a couple of laughs. Parking was at first a little clumsy, but after finding the entrance on the back street, it was all easy. Our room was clean and well supplied. It was as if no one had ever stayed there before. It was very quiet both day and night - easy to forget that we were in a hotel in the very noisy LA area. We especially liked the breakfasts, which went well beyond the usual continental breakfasts we have grown used to. I would not hesitate to recommend the Sunset Plaza Hotel to anyone visting the area.

• Liked — Clean and warm room with all the amenities.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Brutish1
Reviewed 28 December 2008

I enjoyed my stay very much. The rooms were comfortable and clean, the service was complete, the location was great. Most importantly, there was ample inexpensive parking. Right in the heart of West Hollywood. Wasn't that what's his name? A good time.

Thanks

• Liked — Location, rooms and service
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed 28 December 2008

Wanted to stay in West Hollywood but found that most places were far too expensive. A friend suggested this hotel and we had a wonderful stay. It was the right price and let us be within walking distance of where we wanted to go. We also took a tour bus that picked up right from the lobby. Great rooms, quiet and a gorgeous courtyard and pool. We will stay again for sure!

• Liked — Location, price and service
  • Disliked — Got a bit confused on the elevator.... lobby is up and floors are above and below
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
Oregon
Reviewed 12 December 2008

I would defiantly recommend the Best Western on Sunset to anyone interested on visiting Los Angeles. The hotel is perfectly located on the Sunset strip allowing my family and I to get the full experience of Hollywood. The staff was amazing and made our trip the best it could be. They gave us tons of tourist information and even arranged a round trip city tour to pick us up at the hotel. The tour was magnificent! They also have tickets for universal studios which saved us a lot of time! Upon arrival we requested a Sunset Strip view and that's exactly what we got. My son was very excited to see the huge HD flat screen T.V in the room with all his favorite sport channels, showtime and HBO.
It was hard to leave the room with so many good channels. We also enjoyed the free high speed wireless internet which allowed us to keep in touch with our family back home and to plan out the rest of our travels. I would say the best part of our trip was being able to relax by the gorgeous courtyard and heated pool. It was very peaceful and quiet and the vibe was just right. I would say the tough part was having to wake up from those comfortable beds to enjoy their free breakfast in the morning. Overall our trip was wonderful and the Hotel was exquisite. It defiantly made us happy!

• Liked — Overall my family and I were very satisfied with our stay and the staff.
  • Disliked — no mini bar
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family