“Brilliant Hotel”

Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to LA. The pool was great, even though the hotel was on a main road the pool was quiet and super relaxing. Our room was amazing with views of downtown LA.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShamefulTiki

Reviewed 15 August 2010

What a wonderful hotel! Directly on Sunset Strip with plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance. We had a room on the first floor, poolside, which reminded me of an Italian villa with colorful flowers. No nosie fron Sunset Blvd. Breakfast was great with lots to choose from. Front desk was helpful with tickets to attractions. Hotel kept very clean. Parking was easy. Rooms were big. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank habs1087
Reviewed 30 July 2010

My husband and my two teenage kids and myself stayed here for 7 nights and found it to be a really great hotel. We had 2 deluxe rooms, one was a king room and the other was 2 queen beds,which were both exceptionally nice. The queen room had doors that led out to the pool and had a table and chairs just outside which was lovely. The pool was really nice and the pool area was covered all around with lovely flowers. Breakfast was included in the price and included a very good selection of bagels, pastries and freshly made waffles. The reception staff were very helpful and the location was excellent, a bus stop directly outside that took a ten minute ride close to hollywood boulevard. There is also good places to eat really close by, including the house of blues, and the saddle ranch. Excellent!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ginnydib
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Stayed for two nights. Very nice rooms, nice pool area, breakfast ok. Location good and easy to find by car. Parking available at 14 USD a night.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights in July while on vacation. Reading all the positive reviews on Trip Advisor I was looking forward to staying at the Best Western Sunset Plaza but unfortunately it did not meet all my expectations.

We stayed in a King bed room with a view of a 3 storey wall (we were on the bottom floor). We had to have the lights on during the day as no natural light could come through the window. Also the walls are paper thin. We could hear people in the rooms around us at all hours of the night doing things we really didn't want to hear!! The people in the room above us were walking around from 5am - 7am and the floors creaked terribly. It woke me up and I couldn't sleep through it.

All that said we did receive excellent customer service from the front desk staff. They recommended some excellent tours (The El Dorado Venice beach and Santa Monica Pier tour is terrific!) and helped us book these. Also the complementary buffet breakfast was excellent. The location of the hotel is good - we walked from the Chinese Theatre to the hotel (45 minutes). If you are considering staying here, try to get a room that faces the pool area. It is absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mandajr
Reviewed 15 July 2010

After reading great reviews we checked in at this hotel with my 19 month old and husband and had a great stay. I called the hotel directly and got a better rate than advertised anywhere on the internet for a suite! There is no other words to describe it than simply "beautiful" and "romantic". The lobby was clean and cozy. The suite we had was huge and could have easily fit 6 people. Flat screen TV's in both living room and bedroom and a seperate living room that can be closed off by french doors. The bathroom had seperate soaker tub and shower with double sink and it was one of the biggest bathrooms I have seen in a hotel. Everything was clean, the kitchenette was more than what I expected and most of all the beds were amazing- better than the heavenly beds!!!!! It has a free Wi-Fi in all rooms and exercise room with decent equipment.I was skeptical about staying in Sunset Blvd with a young child but it worked out very well for us as it was central to every thing - univeral studios, rodeo dr, restaurants, starbucks! There are lots of high end restaurants, lounges, shops nearby however we didn't have to use any of them. The continential breakfast buffet surprised me as I expected very little and what we got was great breakfast in a very calm environment overlooking the pool. It is a fantastic hotel and I can't help talking about it with my family & friends even though we had stayed at 4 or 5* hotels during this trip.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank fluidtlm
Reviewed 9 July 2010

As a family of five (children 3, 6 and 17) we always look for a suite with some kitchen amenities. I thought that would be extremely hard to find in the Los Angeles area. Still, I found the reviews for the Best Western Sunset Plaza and was quite intrigued by all of the outstanding reviews. My niece lives in the L.A. area and she warned about staying in West Hollywood with children in tow. I'm glad I decided not to heed her warnings because this hotel is located in a completely family friendly spot. It was a few minutes away from all of the Hollywood tourist attractions as well as, Universal Studios Hollywood. The breakfasts were plentiful and there was plenty of seating. It doesn't get chaotic like a lot of breakfasts areas in hotels in the morning. We stayed in a suite that was completely generous in size. The beds were extremely comfy. My only complaints were there was no seating at the bar in the kitchen and the kids were forced to sit on the couch and coffee table to eat there food. Also, one of the beds was slap dead against the air conditioner unit. Unfortunately we couldn't turn it off because it would have been too stuffy for the rest of the family and I was forced to sleep beside it to keep the kids from getting too cold. Still, I think this was an excellent place to begin our Southern California vacation.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
#16 of 354 in Los Angeles
Sunset Tower Hotel
Sunset Tower Hotel
#1 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!