“Everything we needed”

Andaz West Hollywood
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon and loved it. The room was modern and clean and the location was great. Not too far from all the main attractions and there are quite a few nice bars and restaurants in walking distance. The valet parking was always quick and I'm sure the price is just as high at all the other hotels nearby too. If I was to visit LA again I would definitely stay here. Due to the location it is quite noisy but that never bothered me at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank u34sm3
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for selecting Andaz West Hollywood for the special occasion of your honeymoon! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. On behalf of all of us here, we look forward to welcoming you both back to provide yet another wonderful experience and wish you a lifetime of newlywed bliss!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed at the Andaz this past week and it was great. I arrived mid day and was greeted by a man that goes by "Z". He was very personable and with a wicked sense of humor. He checked me in with his Ipad and offered a glass of wine at check in. Room could have been a little bigger but "Z" hooked up with a great view. I didnt really eat at the restaurant but service wise the hotel is great and location is pretty good, right in the middle of everything.

Room Tip: High Floors are better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and will be sure to pass along your kind words to Z and the team. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

My.new husband and I have been so blown away by this hotel that I'm writing this before we even check out. We are only here for one night as the last stop on our coastline drive honeymoon and I wish it were longer!

We checked in yesterday just after 4 (yes there was a ton of traffic to get here, yes it took longer than we thought, but cmon people.. you're in Los Angeles) and when we pulled up to the hotel we were promptly greeted by the valet team, and a warm welcome. They helped us unload our car and showed us to check in. We were greeted by a man named Omar who helped us get checked in. He was wonderful! We mentioned in passing we were only here for a night and it was the last night of our honeymoon, and he immediately upgraded us to a 12th floor room. Now we had booked this hotel, like many of our hotels on this trip, on hotwire.com in order to save some money. I believe that does show on our registration when we checked in and he upgraded us anyway!

After he got us checked in and got us each a glass of wine, we chose to escort ourselves upstairs. The view from this room is AMAZING! Comfortable bed, free mini bar (except alcohol) and a great lounge area to look out over what seems like all of LA? I'm sold. We will be back Andaz, not only for your incredible views but for your incredible customer service. You truly made the last night of our honeymoon extra special!

PS the room service is a little pricey, but its totally worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013

I am so pleased that you chose to stay at Andaz West Hollywood for the last leg of your honeymoon trip! Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about the hotel and our team. On behalf of all of us, I cannot wait to welcome you back upon your next visit to West Hollywood! Congratulations to you both!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

The Andaz is part of the Hyatt portfolio, and this hotel was formerly the infamous Hyatt Regency. Location is excellent for enjoying the nightlife, restaurants, bars, and rock & roll of the world famous Sunset Strip. However, getting to the freeways is a bit of a hike, on potentially traffic congested Sunset or La Cienega Blvds, in case your destination is not so local.

Although the hotel is rated 4 stars, the service is overall better than that, yet unpretentious. Unlike the formerly glorious Mondrian Hotel across the street, the Andaz seems to get better. Valet parking (>$30+ daily fee with in/out privileges) is fairly speedy, although the driveway is small, and can get congested during peak hours. Service is friendly overall, and non-intrusive, so if you want to bring your own bags to your room, there is no feeling of pressure to let the staff take them. Check in was pretty easy, and "new concept", as it is done by iPad, so no need to stand in line behind a counter.

Like other Andaz hotels, the non-alcoholic parts of the mini-bar are free, and the hotel also provides complimentary coffee/tea in the morning, and soft drinks through the day in the lobby. There are some free to use Macs in the lobby, but only free for 15 minutes, with 5 pages of printing per day, except that accessing airline websites and printing boarding passes are unlimited. However, you need to bring a credit card to access the computers, as you would get charged when you go over the limits.

The rooms are pretty spacious, but not well lit in all spots, but do have halogen arm lamps that can be adjusted to any focus areas. On my most recent stay I was upgraded (I guess from my Platinum Gold Passport status) to a corner suite, which was huge. Since the hotel is not new, the bathrooms are not large, in line with hotels built several decades ago. However, the renovation is good and modern, if not a bit bland, while the bathrooms are actually not too small either, but with single sink lavatory. However, the open concept shower does result in water spraying around. Good Lather brand toilet amenities are provided.

The elevators are a bit slow, since there are only 2 for a fairly large hotel, so plan a couple of extra minutes for your ingress/egress. South views are better than north/mountain ones, but the southside faces Sunset so can be a bit noisy in the evenings. The south windows are also larger than the north ones.

Did not use the restaurant/room service (too many great eating choices in the area), or fitness center, so cannot comment. The pool and sundeck are ok, but the pool is a bit small for my taste, while there are plenty of sun loungers with a view of the city from the roof top.

Room Tip: South for large windows and view. North for a bit more quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank maptraveler
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for staying at the Andaz West Hollywood and for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel such as our service, central location and complimentary amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed at the Andaz on the last hall of our trip in USA and we definitely saved the best to last. After a hectic flight from SFO to LA we were greeted by our host Walter who checked us in. There was however a bit of miss hap with our booking but Walter and the manager of Andaz fixed it all up swiftly which lead in for us to be upgraded. Once all our bookings was all confirm we were lead up to our room. Wooooowwwww it was so beautiful with views of the city, the bed was to die for and the mini bar was great. Our host booked a few tours for us which was great and all we had to do was make sure we enjoyed our tours. The staff were so helpful and when we checked out we my husband wanted to checked our luggage weight as we did so much shopping and the gentleman made sure he grabbed us a scale. Overall our stay at the Andaz was amazing and we will be definitely staying here again as we plan to head back to the US in a few months. The only problem my husband and I had was the cab ride back to LAX as we were told it was going to be flat rate of $40 but we ended up paying full fair. I think the hotel just needs to review the arrangements they have with the cab company. Much thanks

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying at Andaz West Hollywood and for taking the time to post such a kind review of our hotel. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with Walter and the rest of the Andaz team. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Los Angeles!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I spent 3 days in this wonderful hotel. The service is spectacular ,the location is a plus. They have a complimentary minibar. The staff is fully committ to offer you the best service....................

• Stayed: July 2013

I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood and that you enjoyed our central location, our amenities as well as the service provided to you by our team! Thank you so much for your feedback. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your next trip to Los Angeles.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We had a great two weeks at the Andaz. It is a boutique hotel with a lovely relaxed feel to it. I use a lot of nice hotels during the year and check in is often a chore. At the Andaz, it was a very relaxed and personal experience where we were invited to sit in the lounge area, have a drink and be checked in by our host, Walter. He then took us and our bags to the room and gave us advice on where to visit and offered to make any arrangements for reservations. After a very long flight from London, this was much appreciated.

Facilities are excellent and we used the gym and the deck pool regularly. There are complimentary soft drinks available throughout the day, coffee and pastries in the morning and wine in the evening - again very different from most hotels.

If you are star spotting, this is a good place to be. We saw Gary Lineker on several occasions; my son and I are big football fans so would have loved to engage him in conversation but I'm sure he wanted to relax and didn't want to be pestered by strangers. We also saw Mike Tyson outside the hotel and of course One Direction stayed while we were there though my daughter was disappointed not to see them.

Overall, a great place to stay, good food in the bar and restaurant, great views, nice room, close to shops and restaurants. I think our host, Walter, deserves special praise as he helped us with reservations, trips, car hire and lots of local knowledge. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Good views from both sides of the hotel but better on the Sunset Boulevard side.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank David G

I am so pleased that you chose to stay at Andaz West Hollywood and am delighted to know how much you enjoyed all of our amenities here at the hotel, particularly our complimentary guestroom treats, the gym and pool deck areas. Thank you for all of your wonderful comments. I will be sure to let Walter know how helpful he was to you. We look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.