“Great location, excellent service”

Andaz West Hollywood
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
London
“Great location, excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Ideally situated and the service was perfect. Has retained its rock and roll vibe. I really like what I've seen of the Andaz brand. The rooms are spacious with stunning views - the only mild criticism I'd make is that the decor is a little plain and the bathrooms are on the small side.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments about your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our central location and the hospitality provided by our team. We hope to welcome you back to Andaz West Hollywood soon.
Lin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

My wife and I Spent 4 nights at the Andaz, we had a sunset view suite on 7th floor, a little bit of traffic noise but nothing serious, fantastic view over LA, Nice location easy walk to local restaurants, diners and steak houses, check out Mels Diner, Carneys and The Saddle Ranch Chop House, we had a late check out at 7pm as we were flying at 11pm, all the staff where very helpful and polite, complimentary water and soft drinks in the rooms and foyer which also offered coffee and cookies in the morning and wine in the afternoon.
All in all a great place to stay whilst in LA
We walked down to Macys and Bloomingdales at the Beverly Centre on Sunday and found a lovely little Farmers Markets off N LA Cienega Blvd, you can also walk to the Hollywood Walk off Fame, take a good pair of shoes.
Taxi ride from the hotel to airport 40 dollars plus tip ask for a card at reception.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so much for staying at Andaz West Hollywood and for taking the time to post such a kind review. It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our central location. We look forward to welcoming you both back upon your next visit to West Hollywood.
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

First, the hotel is in a great location. I usually stay in Beverly Hills and I have been very pleasantly happy with the location of this hotel that I may start requesting the company put me up here each time. Beds are comfortable, hotel is clean and comfortable, staff is friendly. I'm a it's-the-little-things kind of person, so the fact that you can have a free water (or as many as you want) bottle is a huge perk - if you have kids staying with you, you can also have free apple juice. I love that they have free wine from 5-7 in the lobby, another great perk. Also, the mini bar in your room is free (except alcohol - completely understandable). It's little things like this that make me want to return because it shows they care about making people happy about staying here rather than just continuing to charge them money for every single thing. A+ for you on that one, Andaz.

Now, for the cons.... It is SO LOUD when there is anyone in the hallway or rooms next door and it's incredibly distracting. I can hear the conversations as if I'm a part of them and they are laying in bed with me. When I am trying to sleep at 12:30 AM and I can hear people moaning and/or loudly laughing (I can literally hear both rooms obnoxiously clear doing both of those things), I lose all patience. It's just really frustrating to hear any of that when you are trying to relax or sleep or even just do work in your hotel room. Not something you should have to worry about when you stay in a quality hotel.

Aside from the noise factor, I really have no complaints that I can think of so that has to be a good thing. Everyone is so friendly and I have really enjoyed my 8 nights here. I would come back and recommend it - but I would tell those people to figure something out with the noise situation. Maybe it's just where our room is, but I doubt it. If that doesn't bother you at all though, this place is perfect.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dt5910
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel’s amenities. All of your comments are valued and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Los Angeles.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed 6 nights at the Andaz on a work trip and the hotel helped make it a really efficient and successful trip.
The location is great, easy access to a west Hollywood, with excellent restaurants close by. Wifi, meeting rooms and great rooms to work from, responsive staff, once little gym, all in all a great stay.
I didn't eat much in the restaurant, but the breakfasts were good. (The coffee wasn't quite what I'd want, but then Aussies and Kiwis get a bit fussy about that)
Bed was superb, so much so that I slept through a nice little earthquake.

Room Tip: The city side views are superb, steer clear of rooms near the lift if you are a light sleeper. I am...
Green Features: Didn't notice them, to be honest. But the toiletries were nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent six-night stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your next visit to the West Coast.
glen ellyn, illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This is one of the nicest hotels we've stayed at. Awesome service. Awesome rooms. Awesome amenities. We didn't want to leave!!!! Close to everything. Put view was unbelievable. We will definitely stay here on our next trip out to Los Angeles.

Stayed March 2014
Thank you for selecting Andaz West Hollywood for your most recent trip to Los Angeles. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you all back soon and look forward to providing another great experience for you.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Our family of four booked a four night stay at the Andaz West Hollywood in March 2014 through hotwire. The only hiccup in the process was at check-in when we were told that our reservation was for a room with one king size bed. We had clearly indicated in our reservation that we had 2 adults and 2 kids, so we expected a room with two double beds. The manager said that while the bed type was not guaranteed with Hotwire reservations, he did put us in a room with two beds. Once checked in, we were pleased with the service from the front desk, valet, and cleaning staff. The hotel offers free wifi, unlimited soda/bottledwater/bottled tea/apple juice, and free snacks daily (such as granola bars, pop chips, and trail mix). valet parking was reasonable at $34/day (unlike the Intercontinental in San Francisco which we just stayed at the days leading up to our visit to LA which was around $60/day). We were able to use the computers to print our boarding passes. One day, the cleaning lady noticed our tube of toothpaste was running low so she left us a brand new tube of toothpaste. These are the little things that make staying in a hotel so much nicer. It is also very close to trendy boutiques and restaurants in West Hollywood. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting LA.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for selecting Andaz West Hollywood for your recent family trip. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the hotel amenities and the service provided to you by our team. We can’t wait to provide another amazing experience for you should your travels bring you back to West Hollywood.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Decided to stay once again at the Andaz West Hollywood on my way through LA on the way to Mexico. As before I found the hotel to be excellent. On arriving I was given an early check-in and a free upgrade to a Sunset room (I'd booked a hillview room- so this was a very pleasant surprise). The staff were very courteous and efficient and I love the rock memorabilia around the hotel based on its earlier history as the 'Riot House'! Good location for walking the Strip or down Hollywood Boulevard. Lovely breakfast too BTW.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RamblingProf
Thank you so much for your kind comments following your recent return visit to Andaz West Hollywood. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Los Angeles.