“Can't wait for my weekend!”

Andaz West Hollywood
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 28 April 2014

So excited to be going back to the Andaz...no where else I would rather stay. First time away with the hubby since adopting our son 8 years ago!!! I have stayed with my girlfriends in the past and we loved it! The staff is excellent, the food is excellent and the location is excellent! This SF girl is ready for some LA sun!

Room Tip: I stayed in a hill view room, it was great. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your previous stays at Andaz West Hollywood. We are delighted to welcome you back for your upcoming weekend visit.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed on the 9th floor – we had an amazing view of LA, big room, sadly no bath but that’s a small thing when you’re out a lot!Would definitely stay here again for convenience.

Roof top pool – we got some good weather so spent a couple of our days chilling by the pool – it’s not massive, but

Dinner ideas
Eveleigh – West Hollywood (on Sunset) – recommended by a friend, great venue, I wished we’d just stayed at the bar and had nibbles. The restaurant was lovely – but I didn’t think the food was that good (sorry – I had the chicken and that was it, the waitress and waiters were lovely but maybe could have said this was just protein with no vegetables)
We asked if it was far to walk back to our hotel – and we’re told we should grab a car, but to be honest we walked and it really wasn’t that far!

Tower – right across the road from the hotel practically – great service, great food…go! Its ranked number one on Trip advisor for a reason.

Drinks
Loads of choice – but must mention Chateau Montmartre, Bar Montmartre, very cool and had we not had dinner booked in the Tower we’d have stayed.

Breakfast
The Griddle café – Sunset (Very walkable from Best Western, The Standard, Andaz, Chateau Montmartre, The Grafton Hotel)
I visited a friend in LA a few years ago, and I would never have gone to this place had she not taken me there…it’s a popular place and you can see why, for that authentic US breakfast experience then highly recommend a wonder down to here (And yes walk it, again it’s good to walk off what you eat!)

Or
La Conversation – lovely lovely spot, we wanted a coffee and pastry for breakfast and this place was spot on. We changed our mind in terms of just coffee and pastry when we got there – some really lovely choices…go!

We walked back but took a cab there, seriously nice what feels like family run, local spot…I don’t want to give the secret away but it’s a lovely place and worth a visit.

Other
Hikes – there is a really sweet hike near Runyon Canyon – we also did a hike up near Malibu Los Leones.
Malibu – worth a drive up to Dukes or anywhere in Malibu – sweet place.

Overall - thinking of booking - book!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Katy W
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

I am so pleased that you chose to stay at Andaz West Hollywood and am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central location as well as our rooftop pool. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We come often to Los Angeles on business, and we gravitate towards the Andaz every time. The location - on Sunset Blvd - is just ideal. The staff's incredibly attentive. Checking in is very smooth , and the complimentary wine is just icing on the cake. The corner suite is terrific with a stimulating view of the strip. The minibar is also free (non-alcoholic drinks plus snacks.) We will definitely return once again.

Room Tip: corner suite.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Andaz West Hollywood when visiting Los Angeles. It is delightful to hear that you enjoy your stay so thoroughly. From the service of the staff to the atmosphere and the amenities, it sounds like you really appreciate the Andaz experience. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Los Angeles.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here many years ago when it was the Hyatt, and then again as the Andaz. The remodel was nice, but still feels like an Andaz imposter compared to other Andaz properties. The pool on the roof is a great amenity, but it was closed several times for private parties, so we were never actually available to use it. The hotel location is great, with quick access to Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills, and Hollywood Blvd. We loved the complimentary in-room snacks and beverages, but did not eat at the hotel restaurant. The view of Sunset Blvd is great, but offset by flashing neon and loud traffic. So, nice hotel, great location, but probably not worth the cost.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy the hotel’s complimentary amenities and our central location. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We love the Andaz in Amsterdam. We love the Andaz on 5th Ave in New York City. We like this one but it is like the ugly sister compared to the other two. For the price you are getting a terrific location. The building is old and needs to be torn down and rebuilt or completely renovated. We had a car (and yes we used the valet for parking here--nice guys). You do need a car to get around to all the interesting parts of LA.

As you walk in there are two seriously ugly statues of heads with bloody brains coming out of them. Really? Out of all the talented artists in LA this is what the staff chooses as its first impression??? The lobby stinks of air freshener. The staff greeting you are very nice. They "upgraded" us to a room on the 9th floor facing the Sunset Strip. The upgrade was a teeny sitting area with a curtain that did not properly close so that the flashing neon signs from the billboards on the street disturbed our sleep. The hallways are dark and depressing. The room stunk of cheap air freshener (even though we requested none). You can't open the window to air it out. There is only a sliver that opens and is supposed to let in air but does not. For the rest of the stay they listened and didn't use the air freshener. The room is long and narrow. The wallpaper needs serious replacing. The bathroom is a joke. It is tiny and not functional. For example, there is no place to hang your hand towel by the sink. Weird. Almost no counter space. If you use the toilet you must become an acrobat to get to the toilet paper. Good luck with that. The water pressure is lousy in the shower. There are small holes on the top sheet covering the duvet. The beds are pretty comfortable as long as you are not sharing them. If another person moves it rocks the bed. You can hear loud traffic noise from the street all night. You can hear people slamming doors shut and messing with their curtain. Housekeeping does a good job. We left valuables in the room every day and they were there when we returned. In the other Andaz hotels the free minibar actually has things I may want to eat or drink. This minibar had cans of soda. I do not drink those.

We did not use the pool on the roof. It is stunning with great views and lots of comfortable seating. My husband spotted the celebrity chef Daniel Boloud (spelling?). One night we just sat up there and looked up at the full moon. There was a family with kids splashing in the pool.
They had cool music playing. Nice atmosphere. After the negative reviews on tripadvisor we did not have breakfast at the Andaz. My daughter went to investigate it and reported that it looked average and not worth going to.

As stated above, the location is great. We were able to easily drive to fine restaurants, museums, colleges (visiting several), etc. For that reason I give the 3 stars.

Room Tip: try to get a room not facing the strip
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent visit with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our central location and that you were well taken care of by team. All of your comments are valued and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Los Angeles.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Loved our stay here just for 2 nights. Very well located for getting around and the staff were so helpful.

Checking in was a breeze and we ended up joining a site seeing tour just as we turned up thanks to the guy assisting us. Wish I remember his name but he was very helpful. Also helped me book a car hire too.

When staying you must go and try saddlers ranch 20metres down the road. Such a great place for dinner or just a bar.

Next time I in the area I will try and stay here again.

Cool roof pool too and views across the city.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights on my way from the UK to Australia, and 3 nights on the way back. It was AMAZING. Awesome staff, great location and an amazing hotel. When I visit LA again I'll be sure to stay here! Thank you! :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the city - amazing at night!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visits to Andaz West Hollywood. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your return trip to Los Angeles.