“Amazing Hotel !!!!!!!!!!”

Andaz West Hollywood
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in West Hollywood
“Amazing Hotel !!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd AMAZING stay at the Andaz West Hollywood the most amazing hotel on the sunset strip. The staff where all so friendly and treated us just as important as the many celebrities that frequent the hotel. I'm in awe of the attention that was paid to me and my daughter and her friend that came along this time around. We where checked in buy our amazing host COLIN...... Who also helped us with our many queries, I have to say a massive thank you also to all the staff who helped resolve the few mishaps we had things where solved so efficiently. The views where breath taking and the whole vibe to the hotel was spot on. Being in hollywood and not staying at the Andaz is a big mistake, it's such an amazing place to be.We will definitely without a doubt be back again next year

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Donna J
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
I am so delighted that you chose to return to Andaz West Hollywood for another stay. It is wonderful to know how much you enjoyed the service Colin and our team provided you during your visit. On behalf of the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Los Angeles.
Lin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cheltenham, England.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was my last hotel on a round the world trip and it was the worst. I am not saying it is a bad hotel but it didn't match the others we stayed at.

They have this modern check in approach with no reception desk, this works fine but the lack of concierge meant you had to rely on these people who were busy checking people in and out.

The rooms just didn't feel like they were of the quality you would expect, it's very easy to throw a large TV in the room but just the overall feel and quality.

The pool on the roof was very nice but unfortunately was a show piece in my opinion.

This is quite an expensive hotel and breakfast was on top of that, plus I didn't feel it had the quality especially in the rooms which were basic.

The only reason I have scored it a 4 is purely because of it's location.

Would I stay here again, let's just say maybe, but I'd like to try somewhere else first.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood. I am terribly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit. Our goal is to dazzle and delight every guest beyond expectation and I am sorry that we were not able to do so on this instance. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back and create an experience for you of true Andaz hospitality.
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have visited Andaz WeHo before but hadn't needed to stay until recently. We are so glad we did! We live close to Andaz Wailea (Maui) and knew the guest experience is top knotch. Andaz WeHo did not disappoint. They were great!
The location is very convenient as it is right off Sunset and LaCienaga. We were fortunate to be given an upper floor with a view of the city and the strip.
We enjoyed the bar a couple of nights and tried various items on the menu. All good.
We also enjoyed the lobby lounge, it's more like a big living room and very comfortable.
This place is rather hip and stylish and we felt right at home.

Room Tip: Upper floors and view of the Hollywood hills are quieter. The strip side wasn't that noisy but y...
Green Features: They are environmentally conscientious. They offer the option to keep towels and sheets so that water is conserved. We find that swapping out towels every other day is enough. Sheets are fine for 2-4 nights.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
I am so pleased that you were able to experience Andaz West Hollywood on your recent visit to Los Angeles. Thank you for taking the time to share your delightful feedback. I will ensure to share your comments with our team. We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to West Hollywood.
London
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here for 8 nights and I enjoyed the hotel very much. The room was spacious and pleasant. I liked the vibe of the hotel, it is modern and non-intrusive whilst still feeling upbeat. The food with the room service was delicious and good sized portions. The staff were very obliging and even when I had a few minor issues, the manager was very forthcoming.

There are a couple of small factors which prevented me giving it 5 stars. Firstly outside of room service hours -12-2 - you cannot order lunch or proper food and that includes upstairs at the pool. So if you fancy a burger at 2.30 or 3.30 or something or late at night, then you have to order from outside the hotel. The hotel has these prepacked cold snacks you can order and pick up from downstairs but they were not great at all. Also at the pool they had run out of nachos (one of the few cold snacks) at the end of the day. I found the pool service to be not quite as good as the rest of the hotel. The guy working there seemed very happy to talk about his upcoming films/acting roles with female guests but less on the front foot with customer service/everyone else and when I approached the bar to ask about ordering food and said "excuse me" he looked at me from a far, said nothing, did not come forward and seemed to wonder why I had interrupted him from talking to his friend.

Other minor issues included the bath robe being removed from my room every day and not returned, staff not receiving the message I had extended my stay and often knocking on the door asking if I was checking out - oh and extending the stay is not done at the original rate you booked at but rather at the rate of the day which is invariably more expensive. The TV remote was a little complicated/hard to deal with the ball control.

That being said, this hotel was a delight , the staff are mostly great, very friendly, the wine on check in was a really nice touch, it was very clean, I love the location in West Hollywood and yes I will be coming back and would recommend others to as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay at Andaz West Hollywood during your recent trip to Los Angeles. It is delightful to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay. Our apologies for the disturbances you experienced. At Andaz we strive to satisfy every guest and I am sorry that we were not able to do so on every level. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I took our 4 month old up to LA for a two day trip. I really liked the Andaz hotel and would stay there again. It's located in the space of the old Hyatt on Sunset, so it's really close to lots of places. There are restaurants, bars and shopping locations within walking distance and it's right next to the Saddle Ranch.

For a family, they have a lot of nice amenities. We had a baby crib brought to the room free of charge and they also provided us with a small gift set of Johnson & Johnson baby products, which was very helpful. We actually had a hill view, which might not appeal to some people as much as a view of the Sunset strip, but it was very quiet, which we liked.

Pros: reasonable rate, easy check in, nice, clean rooms, free water, sodas and snacks in your room, free bottled water in the lobby, free win happy hour from 5 - 7, friendly bartender at rooftop bar, nice TV in room, nice bathroom products.

Cons: slight mix up about a package we purchased

Overall review: great hotel and nice amenities and surprisingly good for a family visit.

Room Tip: Rooms with the hill view are quieter
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I am so delighted that you chose to stay at Andaz West Hollywood for your two night trip to West Hollywood and that you were able to thoroughly enjoy your visit. On behalf of the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you and the family back upon your next visit to Los Angeles.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Fabulous location, great checkin with iPads, really cool rooftop pool. Rooms were simple but clean and fresh and allowed four adults in one room. Very helpful concierge. I had servere jet lag and they sent me a sound machine to help me sleep, which was so thoughtful. Overall the hotel had a great vibe with excellent service, would defiantly stay again and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: High level floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay at Andaz West Hollywood and for taking the time to share your kind review. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Nanoose Bay, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at the Andaz Hollywood in March and was simply amazed at the Hotel, starting with the amazing Concierge service and bell people. The valet service was also exceptional. The room was on the 12th floor overlooking sunset strip, which was amazing sights overlooking all the way to LA. I spent 8 days there and it was fantastic, highly recommended.

Room Tip: The higher the better, and overlooking the city, the back side overlooks peoples homes on the hill.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. On behalf of all of us here, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.