“Really Wonderful Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Really Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed at the Andaz for a very special occasion....our wedding....and could not have been happier with the entire experience. Adolpho, the manager, treated us like royalty! King Suite, Champagne, exceptional service and the nicest folks from the front desk, to the valets to housecleaning.....no one missed a beat. Everyone was kind, always in a great mood and couldn't do enough for us. We love both this very cool hotel and everyone who works there. Thank you for the best three days! We will be back.

Room Tip: As far as I'm concerned, they are all good but the rooms with the sunroom have great views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa F
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for selecting Andaz West Hollywood for the special occasion of your wedding! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Adolfo and the team provided you such noteworthy service. I will be sure to share your kind words. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to provide another amazing experience for you. Wishing you all the best.
Lin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

After reading countless reviews on hotels in the area we decided to go with the Andaz, it looked lovely and was in the perfect location. Arriving at the airport all was brilliant, the guy who checked us in was friendly and very helpful, he told us that we had been upgraded to a better (more expensive) room on the pent house level...turns out our "upgrade" looks more like a standard room rather than the view room we paid for. I was slightly disappointed we didn't have the separate area to sit and view the city through the floor to ceiling windows but being a typical Brit I unpacked and got on with it. This however didn't stop me loving the hotel, the staff were all lovely and views from the roof top pool were brilliant. I would certainly stay there again if in LA. The mini fridge and snacks were refreshed daily and the Maid service was faultless. The beds were so comfortable and made for a good nights sleep although the blinds and thin curtain did let in the light from about 5am. I would recommend this hotel to any one who wants a sleek stylish hotel, great customer service, fantastic location for resturants and easy access to a lot of what LA has to offer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 06LouLa14
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for your kind feedback following your recent experience here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am so delighted that you enjoyed various aspects of your stay and am looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Los Angeles.
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I have just returned to England after a wonderful month spent touring and staying in hotels in California. Most if not all of the hotels we stayed at were predictably first class but one or two were just fabulous - The Andaz West Hollywood being one of those.

For a stay in any hotel to reach '5 stars' the overall experience needs to be complete - with this hotel we found the bedroom to be quiet (we had requested that beforehand), the lobby area is relaxing and tastfully furnished with a lovely ambience. The hotel staff we met were superb and nothing was too much trouble. I have singled out some individuals here for praise as they worked so hard to ensure that we had a great stay, these are as follows:-
Dean:-
********
Dean is the hotel's manager and my wife and I found him to be so professional, courteous and so keen to ensure that our stay was a memorable one - thank you Dean for all that you did for us to ensure this was the case.
The telephone reception ladies were brilliant, work very hard, literally never stop, have such a professional manner and really do need to receive praise for what they do in also looking after their guests.
My wife and I had the pleasure to speak with Tia - Thank you Tia for you couteous, professional approach you really did look after us so well over the 3 days we stayed here.

The hotel itself is ideally located for those wishing to enjoy the sights of Monterey and also for those wishing to do some trecking out in to, say, the Carmel Valley.

The hotel is ideally situated on Sunset Boulevard and there are a wide variety of reastaurants and bars for you to enjoy, together with the obvious attractions in Hollywood itself.

My wife and I had the pleasure of dining at the hotel restaurant and you will certainly enjoy the food here!! The food range is so extensive and, again, the staff are so attentive loking to serve your every culinary need.

I encourage you to stay at this hotel so that you to can appreciate why I think this hotel and it's staff are simply outstanding. This is perhaps one of the best hotels we've every stayed in but don't take my word for it - go stay there. You won't be dissapointed!!

Room Tip: Requests are always taken in to account.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saturn853
It is such a delight to hear such positive comments regarding your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood. I truly appreciate you taking the time to compliment our hotel on the many aspects that you enjoyed and will be sure to let Dean and the rest of the team know how pleased you were with his assistance during your visit. I hope you will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the US soon.
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here for a couple of days before continuing on to Florida and the location was perfect as the pick up point for the Hop On Hop Off bus tour was a few metres from the front door. The service here was amazing & the food was divine.

I learned about this hotels Rock & Roll history after we'd booked (Led Zepplin used to ride their motorbikes down the 9th floor hallway) & I recently saw it on WWE Diva's as a couple of the Diva's stayed here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Los Angeles.
Sydenham, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We recently stayed at the Andaz West Hollywood for 5 nights on a family holiday. If you have not been to LA before, the location of this hotel is spot on, middle of Sunset Blvd, opposite to House of Blues and many of the great restaurants and eateries. Check in is different at this funky hotel, no check in desk rather staff roaming around with their Ipads to check you in, pretty cool for this uber stylish hotel. We booked a queen suite with 2 queen beds, and prior to our arrival emailed the hotel to request a higher floor with strip view away from the elevators, which were accomodated with this request very warmly by Lauren at Andaz. Room cleanliness was good, although some minor issues which were resolved very quickly. Hotel has a rooftop pool which was very nice, although we only used it once. Staff at the Andaz are extremely helpful, a special mention to Edgar for his help. If you do the hop on hop off bus, the stop is right outside the hotel, which was convenient. Dining options close by which I would recommend are: Saddle Ranch (next door), great food, good service and good night out, Mel's Diner which is about a 8 minute walk from the hotel was pretty good too, Starbucks is next door to Saddle Ranch, and if you like your cafe, they made a pretty good double shot latte here. Overall our stay at this hotel was fantastic and we would recommend to families, singles and couples.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review about your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service that was provided to you by our team, as well as your rooming accommodations and our central location. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Lauren and Edgar along with the rest of the Andaz team. We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Los Angeles.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I would like to start my review by mentioning one of the Host's Colin! Colin went above and beyond to ensure our stay was as enjoyable as possible.
We arrived quite late to the property and Colin greeted us and got us checked in quickly and easily, offering us a glass of wine or juice while we get the process done.
We know that this is something that they all obviously have to do, but it was the way Colin did it that made his service exceptional. He took the time to show us maps, give us tips and recommendations, and ask us about our holiday, nothing seemed like it was an effort or too much for him. Every single day we saw him, he asked us what we had been up to, and made us feel like the only guests in the hotel!
Same goes for the Valet!
The valet parking is cheap at this property. Approx $15 for day use and $30 overnight and the Valet were very friendly and happy to assist!

This property is great value for money. Our jaw dropped when we walked into our Andaz King room. It was absolutely massive, with a great view over sunset blvd.
You also get free wifi in your room, which is rare at a lot of properties, and you get free non alcoholic beverages and snacks from the mini bar replenished daily, along with free unlimited juice/coffee/newspaper/bottled water Etc in the lobby.
Which is great if you are planning on a big day out, you can stock up on free water instead of paying big bucks at universal Etc.

The property was clean and very stylish. Only one constructive bit of feedback is that the towels in our room were mouldy.. Which was a little bit gross and disappointing after the hotel had gone so up and above the expectations we had!

The location is good, but if you are not much of a walker please be mindful that it is prob half an hour walk to Grauman's Chinese Theatre, and about 40 to the major shopping centre's. But there is some great shopping along the strip, and some good restaurants, plus the taxi's are affordable and it is not far from Starline Tours which you will most likely use for Universal, Seaworld, movie stars homes etc.

We were extremely happy with our stay, so I feel comfortable telling you you will NOT be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments about Colin and our valet team. I am thrilled to hear that you were well taken care of and enjoyed various aspects of your stay. I will be sure to pass along your very kind words to the entire team. On behalf of all of us here at Andaz West Hollywood, I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
San Rafael, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I had purchased this hotel room through Priceline sometime back. The hotel is gorgeous but our room was dark and gloomy on the bottom floor looking at the parking lot. They told me there were no other rooms available but I later heard them move another couple who complained about their room and moved them immediately. Then on top of that they charged me for the room even though I had paid for it in advance on Priceline. Besides the poor customer service and terrible room would have loved to have seen a decent room and probably would return again and again as the roof top bar & pool area are awesome and the lobby amazing

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying at the Andaz West Hollywood and for taking the time to review your recent visit. I sincerely apologize and am concerned by the issues that caused your stay to be less than perfect. Should you wish to return to the Strip, it would be my pleasure to ensure that we prepare a lovely complimentary upgraded accommodation for you to enjoy. Please contact my assistant, Lauren Farah, at lauren.farah@andaz.com, prior to your return visit to ensure the accommodations are adequately prepared. On behalf of all of us here, we look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back and create an experience for you of true Andaz hospitality.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#15 of 348 in Los Angeles
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,687 reviews

Been to Andaz West Hollywood? Share your experiences!