Andaz West Hollywood
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Le Montrose Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$336
US$240
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Petit Ermitage(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$375
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$332
US$299
  • Breakfast included
US$462
US$450
  • Breakfast included
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$330
US$231
  • Restaurant
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$333
US$278
  • Restaurant
Sunset Tower Hotel(West Hollywood)
US$470
US$456
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Palihouse West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$387
  • Restaurant
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$243
  • Restaurant
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$436
US$392
Orbitz.com
3,139 results
All reviewsfree snacksnon alcoholic drinksrooftop poolriot housecomplimentary wineriot hyattgreat hotelsunset stripview roommini barcomedy storeevery eveningthe check in processmodern hotelhouse of bluesvalet parkinghigh floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2009

We stayed at Andaz West Hollywood primarly because of its location and because of the other reviews on tripadvisor. We were not disappointed.

The Andaz hotel was great from start to finish. The only parking at the hotel was Valet and they were helpful and courteous. $28/night for parking was average for that area.
When we entered the hotel we were met by an Andaz Host who sat us down in the modern lobby and got us both complimentary drinks.
The hotel has no check in counter, just a modern lobby with a large island that is home to 2 laptops for guest use. The Hosts just carry around netbooks to check you in.
The host brought us up to our room, which was upgraded to a strip view suite because we were on our honeymoon.
The room was ultra modern, all white with a plasma tv for the bedroom and a second smaller plasma for the sitting room which overlooked the sunset strip.
A great feature of the room was the stocked mini-bar and snacks - it was all free! The only items you would be charged for was the beer in the fridge and the bottles of vodka/scotch/gin. But the fridge had pop, ice tea, oj, water and there were chips, nuts and organic dark chocolate bars.
The bathroom space was a bit tight, but a great, clean modern bathroom. Just a stand up shower and great toiletries.

The hotel does a wine reception at 5pm, so we went down to the lobby and there was some great red and white california wine selections and breadsticks. While we were sipping wine, we talked to a host about dinner recomendations. His suggestion was right on the money and exactly what we were looking for.

The bed at Andaz was super comfortable with great pillows and duvets. All in all a great hollywood experience. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
michelmorauw, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2009

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review of Andaz West Hollywood. It is so nice to receive positive feedback on our check-in process, the comfort of our Sunset Blvd. view guest rooms and in particular our helpful customer service. I am so glad that your stay was enjoyable and I hope that you will join us for our reception in lounge again soon.
Michel

Reviewed 6 October 2009

Location is prime here - but you pay for it. Valet here, valet there - So LA :)
Hotel is good looking just like the front of house staff.
Roof pool is a hit - cabanas have a great outlook.
Complimentary mini-bar is a hit (when the house keeping remember to fill it)
Didn't try the restaurant onsite - but looked pretty but you pay for it from what i hear.
Rooms were nothing special, large but sometimes minimalist seems too sparse. We did not have a Sunset Blvd view just one of the car park behind.
Definitely a good hotel on the strip if your ok to hang in the fast lane.
Gym/Fitness Center is one the best fitted ones i've used.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback on the Andaz West Hollywood. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our rooftop pool, guest room amenities and the fitness center. All of your comments are valued and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Los Angeles.
Michel

Reviewed 2 October 2009

Great hotel, great service, large, clean modern rooms. Ideally located on Sunset Strip, wlking distance from loads of nice bars and restaurants. Complimentary coffee in the morning, wine in the evening. Great base forexploring Hollywood and Beverley Hills. Oh, and it was 70 pounds a night via Priceline too!

1  Thank greeny_4
Reviewed 22 September 2009

Visiting LA for a 5 day business trip, the hotel was used for working late and a little bit of relaxation time. I was very impressed that there is no check-in desk, just helpful smiling people who come up to you with laptops. I was given a room on the 6th floor facing LA. The room was clean, a good size and offered a free soft drinks mini-bar as part of the rate. Free wine in the evenings and free coffee, croissants in the morning are also free for everyone. There's also free wi-fi.

If there was a down side it was that across the road there’s a huge TV ad that illuminates the room right through the night (unless you close the heavy blackout curtains). It was a disappointment, but probably my only one. The pool on the roof is excellent and there are a number of eateries within an easy walk. I’d certainly look to return here on my next trip.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2009

I weighed the Andaz vs the Roosevelt for a while before booking the Andaz for my husbands 30th birthday gift trip to L.A. The main reason why i booked the Andaz was the service and the rooftop pool, both of which I'd heard rave reviews of. (The Roosevelt was tapped for really snobby bad service and an insane, non relaxing pool scene.)

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the Andaz, you'd never know it was a Hyatt, it was a lot more chic of a hotel and there is a lot of up side.

The lobby staff at the Andaz was super pleasant. Everything we needed from check in to restaurant recommendation to cabs and even drug store runs, they were there. I didnt mind that the staff mills about the lobby without uniforms, if you stand there for a second looking like you need something, a staff member will approach you and ask what they can do. The check in process was great too, quick and we had no problem getting early check in (10am) and late check out (2pm). This could have been because the hotel seemed less than full but worked for us...

The rooms were the best part of the hotel. It's nice when your hotel room can feel like a "home base" and you can feel comfortable there. Our room was on the 3rd floor facing Sunset Boulevard. It was a very large room and had a great sunroom on Sunset that you could section off with a drape. It had comfy leather furniture and a small flatscreen TV. The room (as well as the hallways) were VERY dark for my liking, so closing myself off in the sunroom was great. The sunroom is also cool to have breakfast in. Overall the decor in the room is very minimalist, a large very comfy bed, a desk a large dresser and 2 flatscreens (large and small). The coolest part about the room is the free mini bar. This doesnt include alcohol but it does include iced tea, juice, water, club soda, sparkling water, soda, trail mix, energy bars, chips and more. Very cool to be able to save some money here and there buy getting your drinks and snacks from the hotel. The bathrooms were not huge but perfect for two. Great shower and red flower products. We never had a problem with housekeeping, they cleaned the room daily and restocked the mini bar.

The rooftop pool is located on the penthouse level and it's what I had that biggest issue with. The pool are is great, small, but great views. There is one bar with a small assortment of cocktails. I had a blueberry bellini but was not impressed, it tasted like juice and was served in a plastic wine glass. Overall the pool area is very chic and relaxing but I didnt understand the set up. It looked like they set up the pool area for a cocktail party rather than pool lounging. There are only 8 lounge chairs and 5 large beds. I'm pretty sure the hotel was on the empty side when we were there and there were still people laying out on their towels on the ground for lack of space. They waste the minimal amount of space that they have up there with impractical couches and chairs and only enough space for 24 or so people to actually lounge on. That was so weird to me. If the Andaz does blow up and become a big deal the pool set up will kill that quickly. My other HUGE gripe about the pool was the absolutely horrendous choice of music being piped in. I havent heard so much Smash Mouth since 1997, putting the radio on wouldve been a better option, it was just horrible one hit wonder 90'smusic on loop. I can't imagine anyone enjoying it and if I were the bartender up there it would probably drive me to commit poolside mass murder eventually. You can get massages on the roof top and order food and drink but the menu didnt look that great to me so we didnt eat there.

I can't say anything about RH, we didnt eat there but it looked very cool.

The hotel is also within walking distance of some great restaurants (Ketchup, Katana, Chin Chin), lounges (Hyde, Chateau Marmont, House of Blues), and comedy clubs (The Comedy Store, Laugh Factory).

Overall the only thing I would change about the Andaz is the pool setup, pool music, and extremely dark hallways but other than that, a very comfortable and enjoyable stay!