“Great hotel experience.... team went above and beyond during my stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Andaz West Hollywood

Andaz West Hollywood
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
Hudson, OH
“Great hotel experience.... team went above and beyond during my stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2009

I travel quite a bit, this hotel actually impressed me. At first the casual greet and check in perplexed me, however I caught on quickly. Team was sharp and had me to my room in a less than 2 minute check in.

Room was spacious, with plenty of work space and storage. I also enjoyed the lounging space with chair / couch and 2nd HD TV overlooking the city view. Bed was comfortable with an IPOD docking station handy.

Restaurant was a bit pricey, but I enjoyed several items during my stay. I felt the menu and wine selection provided a nice variety. Food was prepared timely, good quality and was very good.

The gym had new equipment was clean and worked great. The rooftop pool provided a great view of the city, and neighboring homes on nearby hillside. Very nice and relaxing with good tunes playing.

The location also provided nearby sites for entertainment in less than a few hundred yards, House of Blues and several comedy clubs.

From housekeeping, to valets, bartenders, hotel greeters, I was impressed in every aspect. I even suggested to my wife on our next trip out west we stay at this location.

Only downfall I experienced was related to a blinking neon sign across the street with the cityview...however, I quickly used my shades and curtain and provide a remedy.

I am anxious to see what other locations Andaz will open. I look forward to staying in the NY Andaz hotels in the near future. For the reasonable rate, this hotel is a must stay in my opinion -- I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Congrats, you guys are doing a great job!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
michelmorauw, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 23 November 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely, in depth review of your stay at Andaz West Hollywood. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. We strive to exceed guests expectations and I am so delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our distinctive check-in process, our in-room amenities and public spaces such as the pool and gym. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Michel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2009

Having stayed at many Hyatt hotels for both business and leisure I was shocked to find the staff at this hotel to be unhelpful, unprofessional and unfriendly. I spend most of my time living out of 4 or 5 star hotels and I never write reviews, but after my experience at the Andaz West Hollywood I felt it was necessary to warn others from staying at this hotel. The rooms are minimal; terrible lighting, no tea and coffee, attempts to be trendy by the room setup but actually are tacky, I felt very cagey in the room and the dim/dull corridors.
One night the fire alarm went off at 4am and there were no staff downstairs to apologize for the inconvenience or I may not have recognised them due to the casual getups they wear daily. No staff uniforms and if it were a false fire alarm they still had not bothered to don the red vests.
I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. I thought they had recently upgraded the hotel, but have left LA feeling like I was ripped off and my stay at the Andaz has been a joke. I have previously stayed at other hotels in Hollywood and they were a class distinction above this overhyped hotel.
Positives are hard to find, but if anything, the beds are very comfortable and the internet access is (with your own laptop) 24hrs, fast and free - although this is not an uncommon feature of Hollywood hotels. Location is good, although not the best part of West Hollywood, it is still okay.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank AHotelLife
I am terrible sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood. At Andaz we are dedicated to satisfying each and every guest and to know that even one guest was not pleased is very disappointing. Please feel free to contact me directly, as I would like to discuss further specifics regarding your concerns about the service. Additionally, I hope to be able to welcome you back one day and show you an Andaz experience filled with true hospitality.
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2009

I have recently returned from a 4 night stay at the Andaz. What was originally the dated and run down Hyatt West Hollywood has now beeen re born as the uber funky Andaz. We stayed in one of the Sunset Blvd facing rooms which have glassed in balconies. There has been great attention to detail - an Ipod docking station, complimentary non alcoholic drinks and snacks from the mini bar and full size Red Flower bath products. The other great feature is the complimentary croissants, coffee, juice and water in the lobby. You can also log onto the internet free of charge in the lobby too. Lastly - the rooftop pool is a lovely spot chill - especially if you can snare one of the over sized cabans.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Melbourneguy
michelmorauw, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 20 November 2009
Thank you so much for taking to time to post such a lovely review about your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoy all of the unique details that we feel makes our hotel so special. I hope to welcome you back in the near future and provide another great experience for you.
Wembley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2009

We stayed two nights at the Andaz, at the tail end of a holiday in LA.

In the future, you will be given a minimalist room and if you very lucky, a pod-like balcony area with fantastic views over Sunset. In the future, there will be complimentary wifi in your room, free soft drink mini-bar and snacks, and free wine in the lobby between 5:00 – 7:00 PM. In the morning. there will be complimentary coffee with tasty, fresh croissants. Getting tea might be a little more difficult .

But in this future-world, check-in might be hit and miss, and for us, was a major disappointment;. Our friend checked in under 2 minutes flat. For some reason it took us over 25 minutes. While free soft drinks were offered, we were told wine would not be available until 5:00 PM (and “why would anyone want a glass of wine at 3:00 PM in the afternoon anyway?” asked our guy). Our credit card had to be swiped 3 times. Our check-in dude gave us conflicting information about the hotel, was very vague and had a rather annoying manner.

Our king-sized bed was very comfortable and had perfect TV to bed viewing ratio. But in the future, you are not expected to bring many clothes or toiletries, as there is very little storage space, shelf space or areas to lay your stuff out in the bathroom, unless you are a solo traveller. The red flower products were lovely. There is a laptop safe in a drawer. We had to ask for towels on day two, as they only brought one set the first morning. We also had to ask for drinking glasses on day two, as they never replaced the dirty ones (but they did give us a turndown service and put ice in our ice bucket). Our 8th floor room was super-clean.

The rooftop pool looked great, with loungers and beds surrounding the pool. Despite the refurb, the beds needed a good clean as they were stained with nasty looking lotion drips. At least I hope they were sun lotion stains. The pool was warm and I rather liked the retro music.

Would I stay again – if I were paying 200 to 300 dollars a night then probably no. If I could get a deal then probably. I enjoyed this hotel much more than my partner, who found the whole thing rather poncey. I just thought it was very LA and therefore, amusing … in the future.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wembleygal
michelmorauw, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 19 November 2009
Please accept my apologies for your disappointing experience. At Andaz we strive to exceed our guests expectations and I am very sorry that in so many details we have not met yours. Please know that the matters you raised have been address and we are taking the necessary steps to ensure that they do not reoccur in the future. I hope to be able to welcome you back and give you a fabulous Andaz experience.
los angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2009

The hotel is run-down and has bad customer service. The decor is very "minimalistic". The rooms are also very "minimalistic". We (3 of us) were booked in a room with 2 queeens. There was a total of 2 bath towels, 1 hand towel, 1 wash cloth, 1 roll of toilet paper. We had to call down for more towels & more toilet paper. In the morning we realized there was no coffee maker in the room. When the coffee from room service arrived, they do not provide cream. Had to call for that too. Had to ask for 3 bottles of water to be sent to the room a total of 3 phone calls. The service was extremely slow!! The lounge/bar is awkward and strange looking - its right in the lobby next to a "laptop/business station". Its small and univiting. The roof top pool/loughe closes by 9pm on friday/saturday night!! There are no blackout curtains in the room - just a weird shade. The rooms feel sparse and the beds are hard. All the lightign in the rooms are flourescent and does not make for a good place for putting on make-up etc. There is also no shower curtain in the bathroom - just a really weird side wall that allows water to get all over the floor. The website makes the hotel look much, much nicer. Its in need of a total make-over and new management team!!! I would not recommend it or stay there again, neither will either of my friends who stayed with me.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shopper872002
I am terribly sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay at all. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. At Andaz we are committed to serve every guest beyond expectations and to know that we did not satisfy you at all is a big disappointment. Hopefully one day we can welcome you back to create an experience more consistent with the Andaz true hospitality.
Michel Morauw
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2009

We travelled to California (first time in 21 years with no kids) for a 4 night stay at the Andaz West Hollywood. We were very, very impressed with the service, cleanliness and style of the hotel. From the moment we drove up in our rental, the valet service was superb, the staff in the lobby were wonderful, helpful and accommodating. Staff always had a smile and greeted us each time we passed through the lobby. We loved the free beverages and treats in the minibar and appreciated the wine in the early evening after a day of touring and exploring the area. We would have loved to stay longer and would certainly stay here again and recommend the Andaz to anyone travelling to West Hollywood. We felt very "LA" at the Andaz!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
michelmorauw, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 30 October 2009
Thank you for your enthusiastic review of your stay at Andaz West Hollywood. I value all comments from guests and will be sure to pass yours on to my staff who appeared to impress you with their level of service during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon with your whole family, as I am sure your children would enjoy the hotel as well.
Rotterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

This is a great hotel when visiting Beverly Hills/West-Hollywood/Mid-city located on the Sunset Strip. It's beautiful lobby and welcoming staff is a blast when arriving after a busy day in the city. Our room on the 5th floor, with views of the Hills, was spacious, modern and very comfortable. Bathroom is small but stylish with a beautifully tiled walk-in shower. We really appreciated the complimentary wifi, mini-bar and of course the free wines (5-7 PM) and coffee with croissants (breakfast) in the lobby.

Unfortunately we could not use the rooftop pool because of the rain but it looked very nice though!

It's location is perfect for going out at night by foot. You'll find Katana, a Japanese/Sushi Restaurant, next door among other clubs and restaurants nearby.

Would definitely return!!!

Thank you Peter for you're great company and talks in Dutch (our native language)!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am thrilled to hear such positive comments regarding your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood. I truly appreciate you taking the time to compliment our hotel on the many aspects that you enjoyed. I am sorry that the weather did not permit you visiting our rooftop pool, with view of the city, which I have no doubt you would thoroughly enjoy. I hope you will have the opportunity to join us again and experience this amenity of the hotel as well.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#15 of 348 in Los Angeles
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,687 reviews

Been to Andaz West Hollywood? Share your experiences!