“Sales Group Manager”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Lorton, Virginia
“Sales Group Manager”
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I am writing in regards to your Group Sales Manager Ms. Kassy Dean at Andaz Hollywood location. I have never had the pleasure of encountering such a professional and helpful person. She was very conversant, polite, and prompt with assisting our group. Ms. Dean holds the all the best traits of a great manager and is beyond doubt an asset to Andaz Hollywood hotel/Hyatt industry.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
michelmorauw, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 1 February 2011
Thank you for your kind comments about our Group Sales Manager, Kassy Dean. I am thrilled to hear that you were well taken care of and will be sure to pass along your very kind words to Kassy! Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance. I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Michel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 January 2011

We couldn't quite believe it when we first arrived - absolutely the coolest place we have ever stayed - our teenagers were very impressed. A minimalist, murky lobby with loud rock music and no obvious reception area. The staff were wonderfully attentive however, check in quick and our rooms were spacious and comfortable. The restaurant is seriously good for a hotel. We ate in on our first night and the menu was impressive French fare from the SW region of France. The roof top pool area was a real bonus with gorgeous comfy loungers and fantastic views. The hotel is well situated on Sunset and while the style of hotel would not be for everyone it was perfect for us and we were sorry we only had 2 nights there.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
michelmorauw, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 31 January 2011
I am so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood. I am delighted that everyone enjoyed their time on our rooftop pool and will be sure to share your feedback with Chef Sebastien regarding your dining experience in RH! We can’t wait to welcome you back upon your next visit to California!!
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We stayed at this hotel on our way out to and back from Hawaii and I am really sorry that we only stayed one night each way.
Everything in this hotel is so stilish and perfect I was rather speachless on arrival. The rooms are fantastic and spacious. Plus unlike many other delux places where they charge you an arm and a leg if you even look at the minibar, at the Andaz you can help yourself for free (except for the alcoholic drinks) which is a very refreshing approach.
The style of the rooms is just so perfect I felt completely at home from the first moment. The full length windows with the view of downtown LA are also brilliant. Being completely jet lagged I spent a very long time watching the sunrise in the mini-lounge they have created in the window area.
The location on Sunset Blvd is also brilliant, although you may get the noise of people partying especially at weekend. I'm not a light sleeper and didn't mind at all.
All staff is very friendly and helpful.
If I had to really be picky and try to find a flaw at all costs, then I would say that the reception area is a bit too dark in the evening, but as I said I am really trying hard to find something that was not absolutely perfect for me.
I can't find any real fault with this hotel and as my husban would be happy to confirm finding faults is my speciality. So well done Andaz, show the rest of the world how it's done!

1 Thank mrzUk
michelmorauw, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 21 January 2011
I am thrilled to hear such positive comments regarding your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood! Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our hotel on the many aspects that you and your husband enjoyed! We cannot wait to welcome you back upon your next visit to the US!
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 18 January 2011

An interesting hotel. Fantastic location on Sunset Boulevard, a short walk to great restaurants and shopping. The view from the rooftop pool is marvelous. Outstanding staff, clean, comfortable, and quiet. But the decor is rather stark and parse. I think they went for the trendy feel but it feels, well, just white (or is that off-white). The lighting in the rooms is also bad. So although a very nice hotel, it does not quite feel like a Hyatt. Also there are no coffee machines in the rooms and the hotel has not gift shop whatsoever. So if you need anything besides toothpaste or shaving cream, you have to leave the hotel. Overall I'd return because of the location and because overall it's a well-run and comfortable hotel. Just not quiet as "Hyatt" as I'm accustomed to.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood! Andaz is a new venture of the Hyatt Brand, which offers a unique environment and design in each of its several locations. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our central location as well as the service provided to you by our great team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Los Angeles!
London
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Nice, minimalist hotel. The best thing about this hotel is its location, all the sites are within 15-20 mins drive. Rooms are spacious and modern. Ask for a room facing the car park + away from the lift as it could be a problem if you are a light sleeper. they offer free snacks, soft frinks in rooms, free croissants, fruit juice, chocolate at the reception which is a very nice touch. Parking is expensive (think it was $28 per day) so either find an alternative or include that in your budget. The hosts try to be helpful though understandably is not comparable to traditional 5* hotels concierge. Great value for money.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
michelmorauw, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 18 January 2011
I am so pleased that you chose to stay at Andaz West Hollywood and am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central location as well as our unique amenities! Although parking is expensive in the area, we ensure that our rates are equal, or lower, to properties of the same category. We look forward to the opportunity of seeing you again soon, upon your next visit to Southern California!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I recently stayed here for the second time due to the Hyatt Century City being sold out. Let me start with the positives---the staff is quite knowledgeable when it comes to making local restaraunt recommendations...they sent me to the best Thai restaraunt I have ever been to on Sunsent and Doheny (Talesai perhaps?)...they put me in a suite, which was quite spacious and again the free mini bar items were a treat.

Now for the not so positive---the front people at check in were helpful but not quite as professional as the the staff at the other US Andaz properties...it may just be the "laid back" Cali attitude but I think this could be improved upon. The check in process involves "strolling" employees who check you in via laptop...not a bad idea but I stood around for five minutes with my bags before I decided that I should probably initiate contact....I was not offered a beverage on check in, something that all of the other Andaz properties had done....the key that was made for me initially did not work...I then called from the 4th floor common area to the operator who said that someone would be up immediately with a replacement key. After waiting for 10 minutes, I decided to go back to the lobby to get a replacement key.....These are service issues which I believe need to be worked out before I would consider staying here again. The location is on a portion of the Sunset strip which has a semi Las Vegas feel with neon lights and big billboards....The bed was nice (Sealy posturpedic mattress) but, in my opinion, no as comfortable as the other Andaz beds which use Simmons BeautyRest. The only reason I know this is I ordered the bed from the Andaz 5th Avenue New York hotel for my home.

The property itself is OK, but not great....The other Andaz properties seem to be newer and nicer physically.....the restaraunt in the Andaz West Hollywood is impressive and the staff in the restaraunt are very pleasant and helpful.

I do want to give praise to the Valet staff who were good natured, humorous and quick getting the cars to the patrons.

Overall, I found this property to be lacking in terms of service and given its location, I would not likely return.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
michelmorauw, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 14 January 2011
Thank you for providing us with feedback about your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood. We truly appreciate your kind words regarding our knowledgeable staff. I am, however, concerned by the issues that caused your stay to be less than perfect. I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly. If suitable, please email my assistant at Olivia.Moore@andaz.com, at your earliest convenience, so that I may discuss your experience in further detail. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you soon.
seattle
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I loved this hotel. As a designer I marveled at its details and totally enjoyed the lobby scene, people watching over a glass of complimentary wine - its a modern masterpiece! The restaurant is also a feast for the eyes they've done an open work area that is the best I've ever seen. Even the gym is gorgeous and the roof top pool/terrace is SPECTACULAR. The view from our room was beyond amazing with a great little sitting area, we loved spending time in it and even ate in a couple times.

Only a few things left us scratching our heads -

We loved the casual check in process but why not have the "hosts" wear a name tag to end the confusion that so many have noted here?

The rooms are great, big and minimalist but as terrific as they are to look at they ignored basic storage needs. The tiny closets could have been twice the size if built on the adjacent wall (next to the long cabinet) this would have created more of a sense of entry too with a console & mirror next to the door where the existing closet is.

The bathrooms are gorgeous but they've wasted so much precious storage space behind the mirror and to the side of the vanity a full 12" of width is empty other than a waste basket at the bottom. Almost no storage for two people makes it difficult to plan an extended stay,

Hopefully they'll invest a little more and correct these few issues. Even with my few complaints I would welcom another stay here.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
michelmorauw, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, 10 January 2011
I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood and that you truly admired our unique design! Thank you so much for your feedback. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your next trip to Los Angeles.