“Get Away From It All in the Middle of It All”

Le Montrose Suite Hotel
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I always enjoy my stays at Le Montrose because, after a day of battling the freeways and city traffic, it is located in a quiet residential enclave. BUT----I am an East Coast guy and like to walk everywhere, and a few short blocks from the hotel are restaurants, supermarkets, famous old rock and roll clubs if you are so inclined and a gas station to hit before they sock you for $34 a gallon at your rent-a-car agency.
The staff is top-notch, always helpful. The rooms are quite large and, if missing some of the latest design trends, are most attractive and comfortable. I used the kitchenette to make my own breakfast, shopped for at the Pavilion Supermarket nearby.
The view from the rooftop is delightful and it is fun to hang out by the pool in the evening.
Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Jim S,

Thank you for the rave review and your continued patronage to Le Montrose Suite Hotel! It’s always a pleasure when reading a guest review and learning we clearly are a perfect fit for your travel needs! We truly appreciate your feedback regarding our team and recognize how they influence our guest experience in such a positive manner, thank you for the accolades!

Please reach out directly on your next visit as I would enjoy the opportunity to thank you in person and welcome you back to your home away from home.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We spent 2 nights at this hotel in late August 2013. Unfortunately I have to say that I was quite disappointed by Le Montrose. It was fairly old in style and our room was particularly dark. I could tell that it had recently (within a few years) been refurbished, but it just didn't do it for me. The decor was dark and it had an unusual layout. The sofa was very uncomfortable, but the bed was adequate. On the second day we decided to have lunch up at the pool area on the roof so we ordered a couple of salads and cocktails to be sent up to us. The salads were extremely expensive and frankly tasteless and the cocktails were very average (and expensive). I can't really put my finger on it but this hotel just did not reach my expectations. I expected more bang for my buck as it was not cheap to stay here.

It is however in a fairly good location, right near Sunset and various bars and restaurants (though they're a slight walk away). I think next time I'll spend the extra and stay at the Andaz or something similar in the area.

Room Tip: I'd suggest another hotel to be honest (sorry).
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DamoAU
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear DamoAU-

I was disappointed to read that your stay with us was less than stellar and I sincerely apologize. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations but it seems we fell short during your visit. The property has undergone a multi-million dollar renovation in 2012 of all our suites and hallways, though we have had great feedback from guests, I certainly understand that design can be an individual preference. I appreciate your comments regarding your dining experience on the rooftop and I have shared them with our chef to ensure corrective measures.

DamoAU, I truly appreciate you taking the time and providing your feedback. It is only through candid comments such as yours were can focus on our areas of opportunity and celebrate our successes. Should you chose to give is another opportunity I am confident we can provide you with a suite to your satisfaction and the level of service that Le Montrose is synonymous with.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Just back from a 5 day trip and had a brilliant time, a bit frantic with all the travelling but once we arrived at Le Montrose, calmness descended immediately. Situated in a leafy area this hotel is very comfortable with the guys and girls on reception extremely helpful and obliging. We had a suite on the 4th floor which was very handy to the roof top pool and fitness suite, both of which are excellent and were never too busy. You can have food and drinks around the pool and it boasts a 360 degree view across this vast city. We had breakfast 4 days out of 5 and one evening meal that were all very nice. Sunset Strip is only 5 minutes walk and Holywood B'Vard only 10 mins away by taxi. The Grove shopping Mall is great with some superb shops and Gordon Ramsey's Mad Cow café. What we saw was brilliant and this hotel was right up there. Stephen (Steffan) runs a very smooth business and we hope to return to LA in the near future.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 4th floor. Handy to the gym and roof top terrace and pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear bigpipe69,

I was thrilled that you had reached out to me prior to your arrival and was delighted to meet you and the family during your visit to LA! I thoroughly enjoyed hearing all the adventures you were on during your excursions and impressed with all you were able to see in the few days you were here, definitely a couple on the move! We truly are grateful for the glowing review of our City, Hotel and Team you have shared with our friends at Trip Advisor.

Please reach out during your next visit as we would love to have you back at Le Montrose! Don’t wait too long for your next trip, there is still plenty to explore!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is our third stay at Le Montrose. Normally we select this hotel for its location in West Hollywood (just up the street from bars, restaurants), but this time it was for its overall convenient location in LA. Centrally located around all of the LA touristy-spots such as the Getty Museum, Farmer's Market, Grifith Observatory, and Hollywood. We chose a suite with a little more room since there was the three of us. The room was tastefully decorated and clean with a kitchenette we used for storing snacks (wine, cheese), and a pod coffee machine with pods. View from the roof is fantastic at sunset. Pool, also on the roof, is small but fine for a dip, but you can skip that and head for the hot tub right next to it. Service is very good. In fact, one evening the staff dropped off some cookies and chocolate-covered strawberries while we were watching a movie! For the price you really can't beat it. Will be staying again.

Room Tip: If you are relying on the sofa bed to sleep, remember they are rarely comfortable, so people with ba...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear john_v_leone,

First and foremost, thank you for your loyalty and return visits to Le Montrose! It’s such a treat to continue and welcome our return guests to their home away from home. Reading your review its clear you have your visits down pat and cover a lot of ground while here, well done! LA has so much to offer and it’s great to see our guests enjoying the sites and taking the time to relax up on our rooftop! Many thanks for your positive feedback and I look forward to your next visit.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next stay in hopes to meet and say hello!

All the best and safe travels!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Rooms are on the small side and I wouldn't really consider them suites since the divider between living area and bedroom is actually just a hanging curtain. Very good food from room service and very friendly and efficient staff. Hotel rate is expensive but on par with other hotels in the area. Parking is $30 per day for valet or self park. Heating/ AC is handled by window shaker units which seems a little out of place in a "luxury" hotel. Great view from the rooftop pool/ spa.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris B

Dear ChrisB-

Thank you for remembering us from your stay in November of 2012. We really appreciate you taking a moment and commenting on your stay! The team at Privato does an exceptional job at providing great service and a tasty product, I will be sure to pass along your kudos! For your future visits, please feel free to contact me directly as I would love an opportunity to arrange for your accommodations personally. We have several suite types and I am confident we can find the right fit for your stay!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I lovely well located hotel with a nice boutique feel. Lovely spacious rooms, with a step down into a nice relaxing lounge area. Great rooftop pool, easy walk to cafes & restaurants for breakfast & dinner. Free wifi throughout which is great for travellers. A peaceful relaxed space but great West Hollywood location. Would definitely stay there again if I was in LA.

• Stayed: September 2013
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Hello Melissa O,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience at Le Montrose with all our friends on Trip Advisor! It’s always great to read that our guests continue to enjoy our spacious suites and great location. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Le Montrose is a great hotel that is in a fantastic location. 5 minutes from Sunset Blvd, a suburb away from Beverley Hills and in a quiet street tucked away from the hustle bustle, we really enjoyed our stay here! I can honestly say that this hotel is one we won't forget! We stayed in the 1 bedroom king suite and it was almost like we were in our own apartment, living in Los Angeles! It was spacious and safe and I would definitely recommend friends and family stay there. Staff were friendly and accommodating - thanks Le Montrose!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HBE2011

Dear HBE2011-

Thank you for the amazing review! I was so happy to read that we were able to make your visit to LA so memorable. We are very fortunate to have a great hotel and team members who really enjoy what they do and take care of our guests! Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#16 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Le Montrose Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!