“Like staying on a Balfour Beaty building site”

Le Montrose Suite Hotel
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Well...where do I start...
Upon arrival we were unaware the hotel was under going major construction work...this was also not pointed out by reception. We actually only realised this when the heavily tipped bell boy showed us to our room...dragging our bags over the uncovered concrete floor and plastic covered walls. As you can imagine this was quite an unpleasant surprise considering the hotels room rates are not that of a budget chain. When we eventually got into the room this only lead to further disappointment. There was no bath and the decor was terribly dated. To top this off it appeared the air con generator was right outside our room window...noise pollution all day and night making it very difficult to sleep...that said the bed was comfy. Building work commenced at 10am where we were Rudely awakened by loud banging and noises. From start to finish this stay was an absolute nightmare not expected and most certainly terrible value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Dazzy121
Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This boutique hotel stay was very unpleasant. First, this place is over priced for the accomodations offered. There is no "free" guest parking, hotel charges $42.00 and if you park in front or near the location you will get towed within 30 minutes from parking. To make matters worse, the hotel was what they call "upgrading"; yet, loud rumbling noises were constant throughout the night. This hotel seems like a high end extended stay with locals, as the guest next to me must have a dog which kept barking everytime I entered my room. This place was not worth the high end cost. I checked out a day earlier due to the frustrations of lodging. To make matters worse, after checking out the hotel charged my card whole for $200.00 incidental held, then after I complained to refund my money, the hotel took 2-3 weeks to refund; yet, withheld an authorized $8.00 bar charge the housekeeper or staff must have personally stolen or used.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Kim A
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Kim A-

I was terribly disappointed to read that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We never like to see a guest leave early as we would like an opportunity to make their stay every bit as enjoyable as possible. I can understand your frustration with the parking and incidental charge authorization however, we do our best to stay competitive in a market and industry where parking fees and deposits are customary. I truly would like an opportunity to make up for this past stay and hope you would reach out to me directly. I would personally like to arrange for your accommodations in one of our many suite types and ensure you are not on a floor with pets as we are a pet friendly hotel. I thank you for your candid comments and look forward to an opportunity to be of service.

All the best and safe travels.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My sister and I stayed at Le Montrose and we were very happy there. It is very close to sunset boulevard and there are many restaurants etc to got to. Off the main drag but only a couple of small blocks to Sunset. Close for a hop on hop off pick up point. Probably @ $15 to get into the center where the Chinese theatre and walk of fame is. From there also the main stop for the bus tours. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Well priced, nice rooms and a small but private rooftop pool. I would definitely stays here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary D
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We researched all the West Hollywood hotels and picked Le Montrose for 4 reasons: solid reviews on tripadvisor, price, location, and because it was newly remodeled. We were not disappointed and we'd definitely stay here again. They had some kind of leak problem the day we were checking in so part of the hotel was under construction and we had to wait in the lobby for our room to be ready, but they were nice and upgraded us plus gave us two free drink tickets as compensation. Our stay was during the last week of April 2014.

Pros: Suites are spacious, clean, modern, very functional. Hotel is in a good location in WeHo, within walking distance to Sunset Blvd. Nice rooftop pool area. Complimentary wifi. King bed was comfy.

Cons: Valet is expensive ($38 per night) so factor that in because it's the best and easiest option - self parking anywhere in the LA area is a challenge. Our closet was small.

This hotel isn't flashy, but it's not bland, either, and it's a great choice if you're looking for bang for your buck in WeHo.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mes09
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at Le Montrose suite as part of our honeymoon - it was a big surprise....rooms were spacious and clean, close to lots of different things in Hollywood, and staff were very helpful and attentive. The pool area is beautiful and also has a spa.

The beds were really comfortable and bathrooms and room were very clean. There's also a little balcony which is a nice touch. We were very pleased.
The only downfall to this hotel is the price of parking and the fact it was valet only service ($38 per night). However the valet's were always very quick to get the car out so overall can't really complain.

Would definitely stay again when in LA!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Nicoleara-

First and foremost, congrats! I was so pleased to read that you had an opportunity to visit LA during your honeymoon and stay at Le Montrose! Thank you for the great review and your compliments of our team. We are very fortunate to not only have a wonderful hotel and location, but a team that genuinely takes great care of our guests. I look forward to your next visit, perhaps your 1 year anniversary! See ya soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here to see a show at the whiskey perfect location definitely walking distance. Got to the hotel a little earlier than check in time but there was no problems (heads up they hold a $100 incidental deposit on your card) all the staff was so friendly. Booked the one bedroom king suite through expedia the room all together was huge, separate living room with fireplace, 40inch tv, bar style table for 2, a balcony and a decent size kitchenette. Bathroom was a little small but the oversized vanity area between the bathroom and living room definitely makes up for it! Bedroom was big another 40inch tv in there with mirror closet all along the wall. Only problem I had was the mini fridge is so packed with things that you can purchase that I couldn't fit even 2 of my own personal drinks I heard you can request for it to be emptied, but I was only staying one night didn't want to go through the hassle. Next time I'm in the area I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014

Hello Tes1989-

The Whiskey is a legendary venue; I hope you enjoyed the show! Thank you for the great review and the detailed tour of our One Bed Room Suite with photos. Reviews such as yours really give our friends at Trip Advisor insight to what they can expect when visiting Le Montrose. Next time you are in the area, or plan to be, please be sure to reach out! Would love to say hello!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

lovely little hotel situated in west hollywood. room was large and spacious. at one point had 6 adults in the room with luggage preparing to fly out and still felt like there was plenty of room. shower bathroom area felt a little cramped. short walk up the hill to some resturants and bars. nice that the walk home with a full belly is downhill. short drive into hollywood and other parts of LA. parking was free on the street untill 7pm and then you needed a permit. they were doing restorations on their customer parking lot so wouldnt allow self parking and had no choice but to valet park. the guys out front were very fast and attentive. great hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi there ColesyOZ!

I’m happy to hear our valet team took such great care of your during your stay at Le Montrose! I couldn’t agree with you more, the suites are very comfortable in size, and we have many different suite types to fit everyone’s needs! I hope the rest of your trip was as enjoyable as it was in LA and we look forward to your next visit to Le Montrose!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
#9 of 19 in West Hollywood
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills

Been to Le Montrose Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!