It gives me great pleasure to write this review on Le Montrose. After much trepidation we booked the hotel on Hotwire. I was a bit concerned it wouldn't be suitable for a family but my concerns were unfounded. The hotel is located an easy walk to Sunset Boulevard and the Beverly Centre. It is a very quiet location. First impressions were great. The entry foyer and through to the restaurant is very 'chic''. Check in was easy and the girls behind the counter were extremely pleasant especially the one with the curly hair (sorry I didn't catch your name but you were very helpful every time we called upon your service and advice). We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite on the 4th floor alongside our friends who also had two children with them. The room was very spacious. The bed was the most comfortable during our 3 week US visit. The spacious dressing room was a blessing. The plasma TV in the bedroom gave us time out and privacy from the kids. The rooftop pool and spa were very nicely done and we enjoyed spending time up there. The kids loved the pool. We had dinner in the restaurant and whilst pricey the food was good. Our waiter went out of his way trying to make us a gin which we would usually enjoy with Tonic Water or Lemon Squash. There doesn't seem to be a Lemon Squash equivalent in the US except for Squirt, which I bought to mix drinks in our room. We used the free internet service alot and it was a great help planning the next leg of our trip. Overall I could not fault our stay at this hotel. The paper was at our door every day. The rooms were made up beautifully daily.
We walked to Sunset Boulevard and caught the bus to Hollywood. One day we walked to Mel's Diner for breakfast. We also walked to the Beverly Center and enjoyed a milkshake at Millions of Shakes down the road. The bus to Santa Monica was a brief 5 min walk away.
I found this hotel more than adequate for our needs. The kids later said the sofa bed wasn't as comfortable as a regular bed, but us adults were certainly in the lap of luxury.
I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has about this hotel and it's location.
Thanks Le Montrose for a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet neighborhood just steps from Los Angeles’ Sunset Strip, Le Montrose Suite Hotel is designed with your privacy and comfort in mind. From the exclusive Privato Lounge and rooftop pool with panoramic Hollywood views, to our stylish studio and one bedroom suites, each element of Le Montrose is beautifully detailed with warm, urban appeal, sleek sophistication and an edgy, elegant attitude. Our West Hollywood location finds you minutes from the finest shopping, restaurants, and nightlife that Los Angeles has to offer. A daily $21.75 Amenity Fee will be collected at the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Le Montrose Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Montrose Hotel West Hollywood
- Le Montrose Suite West Hollywood