“Amazing!!!”

Le Montrose Suite Hotel
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 1 July 2010

I absolutely LOVE this hotel. I travel to Los Angeles almost 6 times a year and always stay at Le Montrose! It's a great central location but tucked away from the noise and traffic. The staff is incredible. They are polite, friendly and eager to be helpful! The rooms are gorgeous! It makes you feel like you're in your own little apartment. They are spacious and decorated beautifully. The gym is great and there is a pool on the rooftop with really cool views! I have recommended this hotel to so many of my friends who have also loved it! I stay in hotels very frequently and this one by far is one of my favs!

1  Thank CherylG415
Write a ReviewReviews (1,004)

Reviewed 30 June 2010

The rooms were very clean, orderly, and quiet. I slept better than at home! The rooftop pool is an amazing location for relaxation, and the hotel is tucked away in a quiet neighborhood that allows for a leisurely, enjoyable experience. The staff is extremely attentive and helpful and generally pleasant to deal with. I've been to Le Montrose twice, and will come back. It's the only place to stay in West Hollywood!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank dona_raquela
CJHotelManager, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2010

On behalf of everyone here at Le Montrose, please accept our sincerest "thank you" for your acknowledgement. Suffice to say, it is always nice to hear from a guest who has had a positiie reaction to our services, facilities and, our employees.

Reviewed 30 June 2010

I've been staying at Le Montrose for quite a few years when business brings me to Los Angeles. I love that the property is tucked away in a residential neighborhood and that it has a stylish but homey feel. It's like I'm coming back to family every time I stay. Most of the staff I met on my first trip 10 years ago are still there which I think really says something great about the hotel. From the genuinely sweet and thoughtful Art who greets and remembers me at every arrival, to the friendly and super-helpful plus accommodating Director of Sales, Joe, all the way to the hospitable, funny and gracious General Manager, Claudia, who makes a point of getting to know her guests, this hotel is my favorite in LA.

Reviewed 30 June 2010

I love Le Montrose. I stay there every time I visit LA on business. The rooms are so spacious and beautiful, the staff is excellent, and it is the BEST location! My favorite part: Private Balconies. Love it!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I will share with our staff. On behalf of our entire team, we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2010

We recently spent a night at this hotel. I booked it because the website made it look nice, stylish, clean and handily located, with good facilities. When we arrived my first thought was that whoever took the photos for the website was incredibly good at making things look better than they are, or took the photos years ago and the place has since degenerated. The "hotel" is quite small and hidden in a bit of a labrynth of small streets. We arrived at night and had difficulty finding it. Parking is not available on the street, and overnight parking costs you $30. This fee is not mentioned anywhere on the Le Montrose website and although I emailed to enquire if parking was free or charged, they didn't respond. After spending the previous two weeks in much nicer hotels (which didn't cost all that much more but where a much higher standard and offered free valet parking), this was somewhat disappointing. The hotel boasts that it is 4 star and world-class standard, but our room (and we didn't see any others, so I can't say if this was the rule or the exception) just had a sort of grimy motel feel when we walked it. It was dark even with all the lamps turned on and if it wasn't for that fact that we were tired and the night's accommodation was already guaranteed on our credit card, I probably would have walked out. As it was, I showered in the tiny cramped "bathroom" (which adjoined a larger dressing room, but was itself only slightly bigger than a toilet room, with a shower over bath and a toilet that you couldn't help bumping into) wearing flip flops because the shower recess felt slimey to the touch and had orange mould growing on the shower head. I tried my best not to touch anything, but we'd been driving through the desert and I didn't want to pay that much for a night and not be able to at least get un-dusty. There wasn't really anywhere to hang wet towels as the hook on the back of the door was falling off and the door itself wouldn't catch shut properly, much less lock. There was also a very loud extractor fan that was linked to the light switch, so whenever the light was on, it was on. We decided to go to bed early and avoid having to spend much more time looking at the room and it's problems (couldn't get the wi-fi working either). The bed turned out to have a distinct slope in the middle and although I was tired I couldn't get comfortable as the surface just wasn't flat and I could feel it putting my back out. I tried the sofa (hard and not quite long enough to lie on) and ended up with a very unrestful night lying the other way up on the bed to try and counter-balance the mattress slope.
That said, the space itself was reasonably big, so if you were planning to spend some time in the location, you do have a dining and sitting area (although the fridge is full of mini-bar items, the microwave is old and there are no other 'cooking facilities' other than a coffee maker. On the upside, you can walk to Sunset within a few minutes (it's uphill on the way there) and find restaurants and bars including a reasonably priced sushi place. And while we were waiting downstairs before leaving to catch our flight, there were several people making use of the free wi-fi in the room off the reception area and I did hear the staff offering helpful advice to people wanting to book tours and so on. Still, not a place I go back to. If I'm playing for 4-star quality then I expect cleanliness and appliances from the 21st century.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrisTraveller_10
CJHotelManager, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2010

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience at Le Montrose. We take all feedback seriously and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

There is very limited parking in the City of West Hollywood, therefore, most properties in the area do charge a parking fee that is in line with our hotel. However, in your case it appears that you did not see the page on our website indicating there is a fee for parking, and for that I am truly sorry.

Due to our commitment to environmental consciousness, our lighting has been changed to compact flourescent lamps.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find any record of these incidents being reported during your stay, and your experience is certainly not in keeping with how we treat our guests. I cannot reverse your experience, but am hopeful that you will contact us directly to discuss.

Reviewed 28 June 2010

Overall great experience, with the exception of a rude front desk clerk. Arrived for early check-in, which I had emailed about a few days prior to arrival, and reminded via phone call the morning of. Upon check-in, was told room was empty, but not cleaned. Took more than two hours to have the room cleaned; very frustrating. Front desk person Dustin was extremely rude and unprofessional, in my opinion. Luckily, he was the excpetion as every one else was friendly and helpful.

The room was great; but the tub/shower combo was plain ugly and very dated. Bed was just ok, IMO; but our location was certainly quiet. Enjoyed the TWO Tv's (one a flatscreen in front of the bed) and the stereo w/ CD player was a nice touch. Hanging out at the rooftop/pool jacuzzi definitely a plus! Overall, we would stay there again, given the right price.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pinkindie

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Le Montrose.

I am truly sorry you experienced anything other than the most professional and friendly service from one of our front desk associates. We are in the business of making friends, not losing them and am hopeful you will accept my apology on behalf of our entire team.

Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be visiting us again. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 17 June 2010

Be very careful about booking this hotel. Triple check your reservation. We canceled one night, which was a Friday, and the hotel staff canceled the first night which was Wednesday. When we went to check in Wednesday told us they had no reservation, then figured out one night was canceled which was supposed to be Friday, they had no rooms, blamed us for the mix up and the front desk "guy" was rude and condescending. Needless to say, we left with no room, and ended up at a Ramada because of a convention in town.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank biggydc

Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feeback in detail with our Front Office Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
Loews Hollywood Hotel
#20 of 355 in Los Angeles
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to Le Montrose Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!