“Great Hotel in a Quiet Neighborhood”

Le Montrose Suite Hotel
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 13 December 2010

I stayed at Le Montrose Suite for one night, in a standard room. This turned out to be a very good size hotel room with a lovely view and nice fireplace. The bed was quite comfortable, the bathroom clean, the minibar stocked and the staff friendly and professional. This hotel is very close to Beverly Hills. I stopped at the Pavilions on Santa Monica Blvd and got some Snapples, which I put in the fridge.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 December 2010

This hotel is priced at 50% of what other hotels of comparable level (but with smaller rooms) in the same area go for. The rooms are all suites, the location is perfect - central but quiet. Service is nice, cordial and efficient. It is a very pleasant hotel to stay in, as long as you are not staying in room 403 that appears to have some sort of machine room behind its walls.

I had some minor complaints - noise in one room (but they moved me to a larger, quieter room) and some stains on the carpet... but nothing too major.

All in all, you can't ask for more from a Hollywood hotel. Great deal.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2010

The room itself was spacious and nicer than I expected even though I didn't upgrade for only $10 a night as I was staying here alone. Location was great as it's not too far to walk to Sunset, though it's in a quiet neighborhood. One check in staff was pretty bad as not a single time during my stay that he smiled at me. However other staffs were nice and also the limo driver (not too pricey). A bit of a wait for a cab to come.

There's a fireplace in a room and a turndown service was sweet. There was really no view from the room I was staying. Funny thing was when I asked for a slipper the first night, the guy said they ran out but the second day I talked to another person and she said they no longer provide one since an economic downturn. The carpet was the type that makes you feel like your feet are dirty all the time. Nice product in the bathroom but you can't take nothing home. Make sure you are ready by the check out time as three housekeepers would make sure you are on your way.

One good thing about this hotel was a free WIFI and room service was reasonable price. Not bad if you can get a good price.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank nimy
Reviewed 6 December 2010

They do charge for $30 parking no matter what, but no big surprise to me as I've learnt that from many reviews. The room is spacious, it's a suite with a queen bed and a sitting area that has a sofa bed. The bed is however not big enough for my husband and I, we had to used the sofa bed (perhaps no complaints there as we bid the room with Priceline with only $95+tax per night). However, the cleanliness is not up to my standard at all. I found small thin (not so noticeable) hairs on clean / made bed. And they only provide a bathrobe which is a bit strange as the room at least accommodates 2 person; and everything in the fridge and on the bar costs, even for bottled waters.
Pluses are:
Very nice neighborhood, safe and quiet. Walking distance to many shops and restaurants (incl. Sunset Plaza Shopping Center). Check in and out is fast. Love the 42" flat screen TV, channel selections are plenty. Free wi-fi is a plus too. The hotel itself is dated as it's a conversion of an old flat, but they renovated with some style which is not too bad. Also the service provide is pretty good too. I asked for hot water (oh, there's no coffee maker in the Queen room), they delivered within 2 minutes to the room. Also I asked for shower cap and they also delivered to the room within 2 min. I'd give the service 5 star.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Stayed at the Montrose this summer and booked it on sale with a pre-pay, and when I talked to the desk they were very helpful, letting me know when the actual pre-pay would go through and what to expect. The doorman was very helpful on arrival and upon checkin we received a room right by the elevator with a strange floorplan and limited space for our family of 5 (hence the "Suite"). When the bags were delivered the same doorman asked if he could show us another room which was much roomier and fit our requirements. We were moved without additional cost and enjoyed our stay. The food was wonderful and plentiful and the staff was very helpful without being intrusive. Location is amazing, right between Santa Monica and Sunset but off a side road so it is quiet and safe. I don't have a single bad thing to say about my stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2010

Just returned to Vancouver after a week at Le Montrose in West Hollywood, and I am almost sad to be home after the time spent at this wonderful hotel. Le Montrose is so comfortable, clean and friendly it's hard to leave after a long stay. This is my second time in a year staying at the hotel. It has rooftop pool area and tennis courts with amazing views in every direction. Reception & Housekeeping were very friendly and helpful.
I believe the hotel was an apartment building that has been converted so it really has a homelike feel to it, and it's built right into the residential section of West Hollywood between Santa Monica Blvd and Sunset Blvd . The suite I stayed in had some carpets that were looking a little worn but other then that I saw a hotel in terrific condition with staff that were ready and willing to help with anything.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Visited LA for four nights in October 2010 and stayed at Le Montrose for the third time in 18 months... The hotel is fantastic, staff are friendly and the location is amazing.

Le Montrose is in a quiet leafy area of West Hollywood and is minutes walk from Santa Monica Blvd and Sunset Blvd. The rooms are huge and spacious, the restaurant is lovely and the rooftop pool is great. The view of LA at night is perfect!

I have recommended this hotel to numerous friends/family who have all been delighted and I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#16 of 353 in Los Angeles

Been to Le Montrose Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!