Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)
  • Restaurant
Alta Cienega Motel(West Hollywood)
Holloway Motel(West Hollywood)
View Hotel
Palihouse West Hollywood(West Hollywood)
Sunset Marquis(West Hollywood)
  • Restaurant
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)
Petit Ermitage(West Hollywood)
  • Breakfast included
The Jeremy West Hollywood(West Hollywood)
  • Pool
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)
2,549 results
All reviewsloft suitegreat locationsanta monicatrader joesbeverly hillswalking distancerodeo driveuniversal studiosbars and restaurantsbeverly centersunset striplos angelesvalet parkingjoseconciergestarbucksweho
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Stayed at this property for 3 nights from the 2nd of May. Check in was quick. Concierge, I think his name was Jose, was excellent. Best during our trip. Even organized a town car to LAX rather than a cab, for the same price. Rooms clean and excellent aircon. Great selection of channels on TV. Only issue I have is with authorization. Ramada took a authorization upon check in, 3 days after check out Ramada took their final bill total also, effectively $1000 total. At reception their is a sign advising that some banking institutions hold these funds for up to 14 days. I do not accept this. After Ramada we stayed at two Travelodge properties, in Palm Springs the authorization was removed once the final amount settled. In San Francisco, they simply charged the full amount, no authorization. Poor effort from Ramada, the average traveller cannot afford to have so much in funds tied up. Overall my stay was great, I would recommend staying here however ensure all accommodation is pre-paid in full.

• Stayed: May 2011
ramadaweho, Manager at Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2011

Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear our concierge provided you with excellent service.

Its also easy for our staff to organize transportation for our guests since Enterprise Rent-a-Car is located at the hotel.

The 42” HDTV’s in our guestrooms get a lot of positive guest reviews. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our selection of TV channels, many are in High Definition.

Regarding authorizations, our merchant bank releases funds within 24 hours after departure. We find the issue is usually our customers merchant bank does not release their funds immediately.

Some banking institutions we have found hold funds up to 14 days. That’s determined by the customer’s merchant card bank, not the hotels.
This can also apply to debit cards as well.

The release of funds can also be delayed based upon when the bank settles the transaction. It is a very normal practice today in the industry that a hotel receives an advance deposit or a credit card authorization to guarantee funds are available to pay for the room.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

I had a well-appointed, quiet room in the heart of West Hollywood - what more could you want? Secure parking was nice (but a little expensive). Trader Joe's is directly across the street, as well as numerous places to eat and drink. Perfect!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo

Glad to hear you had a nice, quiet and relaxing stay.

Trader Joe's is a great amenity located across the street from the Ramada Plaza Hotel.

Parking is expensive, but not uncommon for most urban locations.

Reviewed 10 May 2011

I usually don't care for Ramadas, and find many run down and dumpy, but this property is definitely an exception. The room I request every stay has hardwood floors and a balcony. Many of the rooms have mini fridges and microwaves. The pool is great. The free wi-fi is an added bonus.

The staff is excellent and always remembers me as a returning guest and wecomes me back. I have stayed here both as a solo traveller and with friends and is perfect for either travelling situation.

The location is great. For the gay traveller it is near all the WEHO gay bars. There is a bike trail along santa monica boulevard right outside the hotel. The area is very pedestrian friendly with plenty of crosswalks which most drivers do seem to honor unlike many cities. If you like to walk or shop there is plenty of shopping around. The Beverly Center is less than a mile away and if the weather is nice, the walk down Santa Monica to Rodeo Drive shopping in beverly hills is nice as well with the nice walking trail that begins about a half mile away from the hotel on Santa Monica (I think it's about 1 mile and a half walk). There is a trader joes next door, plenty of dining nearby, a CVS a block away.

I would recomend a car if you stay at this property, cab fare is about $50 with tip each way. The parking is in a garage attached to the hotel but is pricy at $27 a day (valet or self park but with in and out). The Primo bistro next door was a great place to eat at and provided room service and charging privledges to your room, but has closed and I am not sure if there is another other place that provies room service or room charging privledges now. The hotel doesn't have an on site restaraunt, but there are many places nearby to eat at and I am sure some of the deliver.

A couple places I like to go to every visit is Paris Crepes, the hamburger stand on Santa Monica near palm, and yogurt stop. The Fiesta Cantina on Santa Monica is also a great place to go for drinks, it's a mixed gay/straight crowd, with a nice patio and upstairs with two happy hours every day from 4 to 8 and 10:30 to 12:30 with two for one or double strength drinks and they pour strong there. Hugo's on the opposite direction on Santa Monica is another favorite place of mine to eat at.

The only things I don't like about the hotel is no stairway access to the lobby and no free printing of boarding passes. The room I like is at the end of the hall (and this is a long hallway) and the only way to get to the lobby is to walk to the elevators. It would be so much more convenient if I could just use the stairs next to my room. They used to print boarding passes at the front desk but now you have to pay to use the business center computers, but that isn't a big deal, I just do it at the airport now.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Jamie P

Thank you for your review.

It sounds like you stay in our Executive Suite. Its nicely appointed room with the minifridge and microwave. All suites in the hotel have hardwood floors.

Our WiFi is currently in the process of being upgraded to higher bandwidth speeds, so were excited to hear the feedback from our guests.

I’m glad to hear you received excellent service from our staff.

The hotel is conveniently located near Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Los Angeles.

Both night clubs, entertainment and shopping on Sunset Blvd., or Santa Monica Blvd are very close to the hotel.

The Trader Joes right next door is very convenient and fullservice CVS is a block away.

The hotel is in the process of opening up a new restaurant Kitchen 24, which will service breakfast, lunch, dinner and provide room service. It will also be open 24 hours a day which is a nice bonus.

Also, there is a stairway on the east side of the hotel which allows you to walk downstairs to the lobby if you don't want to take the elevator.

Reviewed 9 May 2011

This is our second time in LA. First time we stayed in Santa Monica so this time we decided to stay closer to the action and stayed in West Hollywood.

Its simple and basic. And if thats all you need then this isn't too badly priced. Room was clean and we had all the facitlies we needed. Just don't expect 5* service. Check in and out took about 5 mins. Remember to tell them you need wifi access and you will get a password to use when in your room. That was a bonus. Room itself was small but did the job. Bathroom was tiny and not much space to put your toilettries especially if there are 2 of you.

The most annoying thing about the hotel was one - the fire alarm went off at abut 9am one morning with no explanation that this was a practice or real. We just went back to sleep. When we mentioned this at check out, the lady just went "oh, I wasn't in on that day" and didn't even apologise. Second - why do the maids have to vacuum in the corridor at 9am I don't know. That would always wake us up. Parking is expensive at $27 per day but its pretty hard to find free parking in LA.

You still need a car to get around ro Sunset Blvd, Hollywood Blvd, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, etc.

Given this was our second trip, I think 3 days was too much as we had done everything the first time round. We would have been happy with just 1-2 days.

Overall, it was an ok hotel, situated in a gay area. There was no trouble.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

Ramada Plaza Hotel-West Hollywood is a property with a terrific location and provides good value for money.

We don’t claim to be a 5 star hotel, however we do offer a variety of on-site retail locations that most hotels in Los Angeles do not.

Starbucks Coffee, Supercuts, O! Burger, Enterprise rent-a-Car, Wells Fargo Bank, UPS Store and K24 restaurant are available on-site for all of our guests.

The hotel is well maintained on a daily basis.

WiFi is complimentary and the hotel is currently in the process of upgrading its bandwidth to provide our customers with greater speed.

The guestroom is average size compared to most properties.

The fire alarm was accidentally triggered by a guest and was a false alarm. Anytime there is a test of the fire protection system, it is scheduled in advance and all guests are notified to avoid any inconvenience. Alarm testing always occurs in the afternoon, never in the morning.

Normally room attendants do not vacuum corridors until mid to late morning in order not to disturb our guests. I will remind them to wait until later in the morning before vacuuming.

Parking is expensive in West Hollywood period, though our overnight price is comparable to most hotels in the city and surrounding areas.

Reviewed 8 May 2011

The title says it all. I checked in with a couple of friends for a total of 3. We checked in and were questioned a couple of times about our bed situation. I said one king as I had stated in my reservation with a roll away bed. I kept being pushed to get 2 double beds and a roll away. After a few minutes of standing my ground, a friend comes over and asks if everything is okay. It was a bizzare check in experinece. The staff seems rude, uptight, and stand offish. I also called to question a couple of extra charges. Once again, it was a pain in the rear, to get an explanation. It seeemd as the person didn't care what I had to say and seemed annoyed that I was even asking. When I left the hotel, I thougth the bill was taken care of. But they put a 5.00 charge and a 44.00 charge on as a deposit and authorization charge which will be taken off in a few days. Thats all I wanted to know. Like I said, it was a bizzare hotel customer service experience with the extra couple of charges that will be taken off in a few days. However It was super clean, modern, beds comfortable. I would reccomend to a friend, however I would give them a heads up check in and check out will be a pain in the rear. And don't expect customer service with a smile. Also I couldn't do check out on my tv. But I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review.

I apologize for the inconvenience your experienced during check-in / check-out.

After inquiring with our front desk about the situation, I understand that you booked your reservation through an online travel agency. Apparently, the reservation we received from them reserved a double-double room for you and your guests.

At the time of check-in, there were no standard king rooms available so the staff suggested a double-double room to accommodate the number of guests.

However, this is no excuse for less than satisfactory customer service. We will review your concerns with our staff at our next meeting.

Regarding deposits, the hotel does obtain authorizations to cover room charges and incidentals during a customers stay. If a deposit is paid by credit card, our merchant bank usually releases funds within 24 hours. If a deposit is paid by cash, the deposit, less any incidental charges are refunded at checkout.

I do appreciate your comments about the cleanliness and the bed comfort.