We stayed here last August and had a wonderful time. The hotel is on a small, residential dead end street near Holllywood. When you drive up the hotel looks like a swanky apartment. We were greeted warmly by everyone: the valets, front desk staff and concierge (I have a terrible memory for names but he is the coolest, nicest guy). When we checked in we found out we were upgraded from a 1 bedroom suite to a one bedroom villa! What amazing accommodations! A huge living room/dining room area with a sectional couch, 8 person dining table, wet bar, and flat screen tv. The bedroom was nicely sized with the most comfortable bed EVER. the bathroom was gorgeous-iridescent glass tiles, big shower and beautiful soaking tub. The grounds are beautiful, like a private oasis, lit with fairy lights at night, 2 really nice pools, groovy outdoor bar, wonderful restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. Then there is the whole rock & roll vibe. Lots of great rock photos and guitars in the public spaces. There is also a full, very snazzy recording studio, which the cool concierge gave us a tour of and introduced us to the manager. Many A list performers have recorded there. Lots of A listers stay there too, just not when we were there. Oh well. We plan on returning in February with our teenage daughters. My husband and I keep saying, if we sold our house how long would we be able to live at the Sunset Marquis!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quintessentially LA? Not exactly! Centrally located between Beverly Hills and Hollywood, the Sunset Marquis in West Hollywood, CA offers 152 suites and villas intertwined within a 5 acre oasis of gardens and private retreats. We also boast indoor/outdoor "RESTAURANT," 2 heated pools, iconic "BAR 1200" and "SPA." Mere steps from famed Sunset Strip, nightlife and music abound at legendary venues such as the House of Blues, The Comedy Store, Viper Room and Whisky a Go-Go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset Marquis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Marquis Hotel West Hollywood
- Sunset Marquis West Hollywood