The Sunset Marquis is always a favorite. My wife and I posted up for the weekend in a newly renovated Deluxe Junior Suite. The refresh on the rooms is excellent, the beds are wonderful, the service is great and the restaurant is excellent. Bar 1200 has the best whiskey selection of any bar I've ever been to. This hotel is small and quaint, the staff always knows you, welcomes you back, and remembers you by name. It is in a great location off Sunset Boulevard and you can walk to most off campus restaurants, shops, and the Melrose Design District.
Parts of the original building are in much need of a renovation but the charm of remainder of the property make up for some of the very dank halls and stairways.
I highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quintessentially LA? Not exactly! Centrally located between Beverly Hills and Hollywood, the Sunset Marquis in West Hollywood, CA offers 152 suites and villas intertwined within a 5 acre oasis of gardens and private retreats. We also boast indoor/outdoor "RESTAURANT," 2 heated pools, iconic "BAR 1200" and "SPA." Mere steps from famed Sunset Strip, nightlife and music abound at legendary venues such as the House of Blues, The Comedy Store, Viper Room and Whisky a Go-Go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sunset Marquis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Marquis Hotel West Hollywood
- Sunset Marquis West Hollywood