Sunset Marquis
Sunset Tower Hotel(West Hollywood)
US$456
SmithHotels.com
Petit Ermitage(West Hollywood)
US$398
  • Pool
Andaz West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$358
US$288
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$347
US$334
  • Breakfast included
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$306
US$255
US$404
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$232
  • Restaurant
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$231
  • Restaurant
Le Montrose Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$341
US$210
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$358
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrecording studiobedroom villakoi pondrock starwhiskey barequinox gymrock and rollmain buildingtucked awayhome from homegreat barbeautiful propertyan updateconcierge desklow keyresidential streetcool hotel
Reviewed 21 March 2014

If you're going to L.A., the choices for hotels is endless. I chose the Sunset Marquis because of the location, and because I didn't want to stay at a hotel filled with young, twentysomething tourists that would wake me up at 3am each morning when they came home loud & drunk. I got what I wanted, and then some.

The Sunset Marquis is on a quiet dead end street, but very close to all of the action. It seems to have been designed to protect the privacy of its famous clientele. There is a hotel section, and a villa section. I stayed in the hotel section, and found it to be more than adequate for my needs. There were many famous types staying at the property while I was there, and everyone was nice, polite, & low key. That seems to be the vibe for the entire place.

The staff at the Sunset Marquis were all fabulous in every way. No one could have been nicer, or more helpful. The front desk staff & concierge were helpful on several occasions, the valet staff were efficient & extremely friendly as were the maids. My room didn't have much of a view, but I couldn't have care less. The room itself was perfectly clean, spacious, quiet, & comfortable - and we had 2 large screen TV's. The beds were very awesome. The bathroom was especially great - with a large shower, good products, robes, etc.. The maids did a wonderful job, and the turn down service while we were at dinner each night was a pleasant surprise.

I also used the equinox gym each day, which was located next to the hotel. My use of this huge gym was comped by the Sunset Marquis - and it was much better than using a crummy little exercise room that most hotels have. The pool looked great - but I didn't use it. And, the restaurant & rear bar was very low key & comfortable - Angel the bartender was very helpful & pleasant. Lastly, the hotel has a simply wonderful collection of photographs on display throughout the property, and in the Morrison Gallery. I could not have asked for more - and my 15 y.o. daughter, loved it too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank BmoreBurke
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We Have stayed here several times in the last year. It is such a cool place you feel famous just walking into the lobby. The outdoor areas including the restaurant are so beautiful and relaxing. You can not tell you are in the middle of a huge city. The beds are super comfortable. The bathrooms are decorated with style and great products. The room service is top notch! Great food and shopping within walking distance. And you never know who you may run in to!

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the pool. You can sit and relax for hours.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Ill clear things up so you know what to really expect. - The Sunset Marquis had been around a long time - its 50 years old that being said its a 50 year old hotel thats just finishing up a
a refresh on the rooms. So if you understand that you'll get an idea of what s going on there. It appears they are almost finished with the interior rooms but work still going on. The exterior front is dated but dont let that scare you. If you get a new room youll be pleased. Beds are better than great! Some rooms face the pool an it can get noisy when people are hanging out but that ends not too late. The hotel is in a pretty good location. The back area at night is beyond beautiful by the restaurant - its a must see even if to have just drinks. The rest of the hotel is a little dank - yes i said it because its true. The pool well its fair at best. Location - Not as good as the London in my opinion but good as you are off Sunset Boulevard and you can walk to restaurants, shops, and Melrose.The restaurant is excellent. The Bar 1200 has great whiskey selection if your into that and is small. Some nights its busy some nights its dead. Overall I recommend this hotel if in the area or the london those are your best choices. But the Sunset Marquis is definitely more old Hollywood the London more modern. Its all what you like.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Herbert_Tabin
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I have such fond memories of the Sunset Marquis and my latest visit reminded me why. This place is so amazingly special, from the thoughtful and attentive staff, to the gorgeous, impeccably maintained grounds, to the fun food and drinks floating around the restaurant and bar…this place is hands down one of my favorite hotels in the world. Every chance I get to visit West Hollywood, I will stay here…and I would highly recommend it to anyone. They won't let you down.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The Sunset Marquis is always a favorite. My wife and I posted up for the weekend in a newly renovated Deluxe Junior Suite. The refresh on the rooms is excellent, the beds are wonderful, the service is great and the restaurant is excellent. Bar 1200 has the best whiskey selection of any bar I've ever been to. This hotel is small and quaint, the staff always knows you, welcomes you back, and remembers you by name. It is in a great location off Sunset Boulevard and you can walk to most off campus restaurants, shops, and the Melrose Design District.

Parts of the original building are in much need of a renovation but the charm of remainder of the property make up for some of the very dank halls and stairways.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in a Villa or a Deluxe Junior Suite. The rooms and Junior Suites are in the original hotel building which is very old but the rooms are being renovated. I prefer the Villas but the Deluxe Junior Suite is very nice. Ask for a room with a west view so you get the most light.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple