We spent a week in LA and stayed one night at the Sunset Marquis on the urging of my husband's friend who lives in LA and is a fairly well known movie star. We figured we'd trust his advice and he was pretty spot on. We had a really nice stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for a chill, low key place in a great location but off the beaten path. We stayed at the glitzy and glamorous SLS the next night and they were two extremes.
The trip was a whirlwind but there are five specific things that I remember about this hotel. 1) when we checked in we had to sign something agreeing to the "No Party" policy which was fine with us. We were told "Rock stars need to sleep too." 2) The rooms were dark which I imagine most people staying there really like. Makes it hard to get ready but allows you to sleep late. 2) Bar Whiskey was closed the night we were there due to an AC issue which was really disappointing. We were advised this was a must-do on our trip. 3) The front pool had little kids in it and the upper pool was really small and quiet and felt dated. My husband saw Hulk Hogan at the upper pool. 4) The water pressure in the shower was AMAZING. I have never experienced anything like it! I did not want to get out and I will measure every hotel shower I ever take against the shower at the Sunset Marquis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quintessentially LA? Not exactly! Centrally located between Beverly Hills and Hollywood, the Sunset Marquis in West Hollywood, CA offers 152 suites and villas intertwined within a 5 acre oasis of gardens and private retreats. We also boast indoor/outdoor "RESTAURANT," 2 heated pools, iconic "BAR 1200" and "SPA." Mere steps from famed Sunset Strip, nightlife and music abound at legendary venues such as the House of Blues, The Comedy Store, Viper Room and Whisky a Go-Go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset Marquis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Marquis Hotel West Hollywood
- Sunset Marquis West Hollywood