My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights over the Labor Day weekend. The room was surprisingly large and the furnishings were fun and unique, as well as very comfortable. We chose a room on the ground floor by the pool so we could walk out our big patio doors and have our own spot by the pool. We were concerned about the location at first because we are light sleepers and worried about noise after dark and early morning but the hotel assured us they have a "No Party" policy (you actually have to sign a form when you check in) and the hotel is very quiet despite its Rock and Roll history and vibe. I can attest that it is true - very quiet, laid back and relaxed, even though we saw several famous people, everyone is very chill.
I had two business meetings on Friday morning so we arrived Thursday night and stayed until Sunday morning. We had dinner at Cavatina the evening we arrived and it was really a wonderful experience. We are vegetarian/vegan and the menu had several great options plus the chef altered one of the dishes for my wife. Our waiter was super and spent quite a bit of time at our table giving us a history of the hotel, and some tips on local places we could go hiking.
I held both of my business meetings in the restaurant over breakfast and it was perfect.
With a stroll around the grounds you realize how large the property is (4 acres) with all kinds of hidden gardens, seating areas, fountains rooms and villas tucked here and there. The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood off of Sunset Blvd. but you would think you are somewhere in the hills it's so lush, quiet and peaceful.
All of the staff was consistently friendly and helpful. I have to give special recognition to Carly, at the Concierge Desk though - she was the perfect concierge - very approachable and friendly and resourceful.
Awesome trip and wonderful hotel. We would definitely go back and recommend to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quintessentially LA? Not exactly! Centrally located between Beverly Hills and Hollywood, the Sunset Marquis in West Hollywood, CA offers 152 suites and villas intertwined within a 5 acre oasis of gardens and private retreats. We also boast indoor/outdoor "RESTAURANT," 2 heated pools, iconic "BAR 1200" and "SPA." Mere steps from famed Sunset Strip, nightlife and music abound at legendary venues such as the House of Blues, The Comedy Store, Viper Room and Whisky a Go-Go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sunset Marquis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Marquis Hotel West Hollywood
- Sunset Marquis West Hollywood