All reviewsrecording studiobedroom villakoi pondrock stardead end streetwhiskey barrock and rollequinox gymmain buildingtucked awayhome from homebeautiful propertygreat barlow keyan updateconcierge deskresidential street
Reviewed 16 November 2017

From the moment we walked in I realized it's going to be heaven. Everything was perfect from the tiny details to the most important things. The room was big with a comfortable bed, very clean, had everything we needed, even the scales in the bathroom - very convenient to see how much weight you gain after visiting all these great restaurants in LA :) The pool area looked fantastic at night and it was so quiet even though the bar seemed to be quite popular. The food and atmosphere at the restaurant Cavatina was amazing, we ate breakfast there every morning and lunch and dinner a few times as well. Everything we tried tasted great. Staff was attentive and funny. And the location was the best. Whenever I am in LA, I will only stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for suite
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2017

The Sunset Marquis has become my chosen home from home. From the welcome at reception to the restaurant personnel, the fabulous Carly on the concierge desk, Yat-ling in the spa to the room maids, there are never complaints from me.

Room Tip: Extremely wide range of choices, I prefer to be looking inwards over the pool or hiding away in one of the cottages.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I recently stayed here for a shoot and can't say enough nice things about the place. Aside from the history, the rooms are gigantic, the artwork is amazing, the restaurant an oasis in the middle of West Hollywood and the staff was great. I have to give a particular shout out to Carly at the Concierge desk who was so wonderful and helpful with every increasingly bizarre request I threw at her. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in LA.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2017

This is one of my very favorite places to visit to work, decompress and just hang out. The staff is amazing. Every single person from the valets, front desk, housekeeping, restaurant, bar, managers and on and on are engaging, warm and friendly. The rooms are well appointed and the shower pressure is amazing. Half the time you don't feel like you are in a hotel. The rock and roll / California vibe is fun and authentic. The hotel provides access to the Equinox fitness facility a few hundred yards away which is well appointed. The pools are great and the restaurants and bar outstanding. I strongly recommend checking it out.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I decided to go out at the last minute on New Years 2017. After calling several hotels in West Hollywood my friend and I decided to stay at the Sunset Marquis Hotel; most Hotel had extremely inflated rates due to New Years Eve, so I figured that if I were going to spend $$$ I was going to stay at LUXURY hotel right off the Sunset Strip and get my money's worth! I was NOT disappointed!! Upon arrival I was escorted to the front desk for an easy and quick check in, then escorted to my beautiful one bedroom suite. Upon entry sitting on the table were 4-5 chocolate/white chocolate covered strawberries on a plate that said Happy New Years! The room even had a mini bar! Since we were running late, we quickly went out front and asked the bellman to call a cab for us to take us to a club, a complimentary Limosuine pulled right up to us, the chauffeur opened the door for us and we were whisked away. When we got to the club, the chauffeur opened the door and asked us what time we wanted to be picked up, I said "3am". We went into the club, partied, and welcomed the new year. We left the club well after 4am (we lost track of time), to our surprise, the limousine was waiting right out front for us, and drove us back to the Sunset Marquis... The hotel grounds are beautiful! Right off the Sunset Strip-by all of the action! Rooms were immaculately clean! Service was excellent! Food was great! This hotel is 5 Stars! We were treated so special, even while we were at the club the chauffeur was right outside, ensuring we got back to the hotel safely... it's no wonder why rock stars stay here.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends