“Attentive and understated”
Review of Sunset Tower Hotel

Sunset Tower Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Upon arrival I noticed the efficient and understated elegance of the hotel. Tim greets you with sincere friendliness. I was upgraded to a beautiful top floor suite with an amazing view. Very nice. I utilized the spa and the salon. I had one of the best massages ever by Mohammed - and I am no stranger to massages - highly recommend. The salon was bustling and accommodating and I liked the stylist and the way she styled my hair. I had a delicious dinner at the Sunset Tower Bar - love the vibe and the lighting and graciousness of everyone from Dimitri to servers - very cool place. I also enjoyed breakfast outside in the lovely Terrace. I don't usually stay in Hollywood when I visit LA - I usually stay in Santa Monica - but it was a great change of pace. I love to walk and Tim made a great suggestion for a scenic walk and I loved it. Cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Sunset Tower Hotel

Reviewed 31 March 2012

In general, Los Angeles understands service and hospitality. They deal with celebrity or high profile demands daily. But The Sunset Tower takes this to the next level. You actually do not need to be a celebrity or a name because everyone is treated with the upmost respect at the Sunset Tower. They understand that your experience is unique and they strive in every way to see that through. I have stayed here several times and frankly see no need to stay elsewhere. Tim Cunningham will welcome you and see to it that you have everything you need when you check in. Dimitri Dimitrov will assure you in the dining room. And all of the staff follow this example. I have traveled the world but The Sunset Tower is home.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jill R
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Tim Cunningham is the Hotel Ambassador at the Sunset Tower. No mistake here, this man remembered my partner & I from 6 years ago when we first stayed at the hotel. He was so accommodating & welcoming to me and my whole family from Ireland staying at the hotel on a special family reunion. We are so grateful & appreciative of the efforts of not just Tim but the valet personnel, the pool servers, housekeeping staff, bellmen (Jerrard- possibly wrong spelling / apology), Dimitri of course at the restaurant and all the staff..... There is no better place to stay in Los Angeles.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Margaret T
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed in The Sunset for 4 nights. An awesome experience in every possible aspect. The Hotel Ambassador Tim Cunningham went out of his way to anticipate & meet EVERY need. The doorman Gerard was so helpful & again anticipated every need. These staff knew our names after one interaction. This hotel had celebrity clients & we saw some but we felt like stars here. They could have been impersonal & pompous like so many other establishments close by.. Did I say Chateau Marmont, where the hotel staff think they are celebs & treat the guests like we should not be there.. I will be back at some point. I loved it & if you the reader want luxury & an awesome experience in West Hollywood. This is the spot without a doubt. Thank you to all for the trip of a lifetime with my sisters from Ireland

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed here for three nights to celebrate our 6th anniversary and loved it. We had Room 1207 with a spectacular panoramic view of L.A. and a really nice bathroom with a huge, deep tub with a TV, and a separate shower with a floor to ceiling window (yes, in the shower!) We brought our small dog and it made a great little 'room' for her when we went out. There is a dog park beside the hotel, and she could look down at it while she laid in her bed. The hotel charges an extra 100 for a doggie, but supplies a bed, bowls and a big cookie with your dog's name on it. The room was clean and had lots of hot water. It also included a very nice large Continental breakfast on their gorgeous back patio/lounge looking on to the pool. The service is great; quick and very professional and pleasant. They supplied candles for the bath, and when I asked for more they sent someone out to buy them as they had run out, other than just let us do without. Great service at the front desk/valet as well. Love it and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Try for a south facing room so you can look at the city.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2012

An historic monument with all the comforts of modern day living - knockout views, room and hallways immaculate, staff pleasant and helpful, great position. An excellent experience over all.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2012

this was my first time staying at the sunset tower! got a room on the 9th floor with absolutely stunning views of hollywood...WOW is all i can say! whats also great about this hotel is that it maintains its historic value, and coming from the hustle and bustle from sunset blvd you are greeted by a tranquil environment once you enter the hotel. the floors are very quiet and the rooms are very nicely spaced between each other you would probably think its empty, but the staff told me they were quite full. the room was very spacious with a sitting area and 2nd tv. the food is excellent, i would recommend the blt wrap and the chicken sandwich, they are to die for. my stay lasted a week and the every time i came back the staff addressed by your name and welcomed you back, they even have personalized chocolates with my name on one evening during turned down. i did not have any issues at all and any requests they took care of them immediately. i will definitely be back again in a couple of months when I'm in town, i just love the personal touch the staff give and they make you feel at home, thanks sunset tower staff!! oh and before i forget the beds are heavenly the minute you lie down on them, sleep takes over:)

Room Tip: if you can get 908, that is a lovely suite room with a great view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
#4 of 19 in West Hollywood
Sunset Marquis
Sunset Marquis
#7 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Sunset Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!